Register now to remove this ad

Page 353 of 376 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Boston def isn’t a deli city.
    In Maine ,way back when, in every neighborhood they would have a few convenient stores usually run by a family. And most of the time it would be an Italian family.

They'd sell the usual tobacco, booze, drinks. But they would make sandwiches and most of the time pasta. You could get motor oil, toothpaste, and a bucket of ravioli with garlic bread and meatballs. I can't even begin to decribe to you how much I miss those stores. The south has NOTHING like them. Maine was loaded with them.

Please tell me those are a thing....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Now travelling. Don't have TV at home. Watching TV now a days at the hotel with all the comercials and all the super dumb shows and the relentless political garbage is infuriating.

Seriously. TV is just a horrible thing now a days. A negative suck of intelligence or anything good. it angers me.

Endless streaming of political crap over and over again. Endless violence and interest in crime and violence. Endless commercials selling nothing positive. Worship of total no nothing do nothing no artistic value celebrities. It blows my mind how bad tv is now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Endless streaming of political crap over and over again. Endless violence and interest in crime and violence. Endless commercials selling nothing positive. Worship of total no nothing do nothing no artistic value celebrities. It blows my mind how bad tv is now.
    'Mainstream' TV is horrible, no question. The proliferation of 'reality TV' and the other crap you're referencing unfortunately says a lot about the intelligence level and mentality of a lot of people.

On the other hand there are probably more good TV shows being made too, you just have to be so selective.

Hurricane Florence has had schools in most of the impact zones closed since Tuesday, until further notice.

Florence has taken a more southward turn. Good for my area of coastal southeastern VA, bad for the Carolinas.

To my friends in the Carolinas, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Hurricane Florence has had schools in most of the impact zones closed since Tuesday, until further notice.

Florence has taken a more southward turn. Good for my area of coastal southeastern VA, bad for the Carolinas.

To my friends in the Carolinas, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe.
    Unfortunately, this CT boy knows the effects of hurricanes too well. The eye of Hurricane Irene rolled right through us in August 2011, and then of course there was Sandy. Both times, we were out of power for a week. But, I'm not near the coast. Definitely praying for those on the coast and in low lying areas.
    I can't disagree with you

In Maine ,way back when, in every neighborhood they would have a few convenient stores usually run by a family. And most of the time it would be an Italian family.

They'd sell the usual tobacco, booze, drinks. But they would make sandwiches and most of the time pasta. You could get motor oil, toothpaste, and a bucket of ravioli with garlic bread and meatballs. I can't even begin to decribe to you how much I miss those stores. The south has NOTHING like them. Maine was loaded with them.

Please tell me those are a thing....
    "Mom & Pop Stores" or "corner stores". They still have a few in Maine despite the influx of 7-11s and Big Apples.

In Portland, they call the sandwiches "Italians".,,, ham, cheese, tomatoes, green peppers, olives and olive oil on a long hot dog style roll. Amato's still has 3-4 stores around the Portland area. There's Corsetti's, Di Pietro's, Anania's, Miccuci's and more, but my favorite was one from The Quality Shop on Steven's Ave.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    It's unfortunate, because when you try to address problems (political) people immediately rally round their flag and criticize the other side. All the time, 24/7.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Is it bad that I cannot fathom the layout of twitter or reddit? I'm not on either, but trying to read tweets or reddit threads just makes my head hurt.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The word physicality.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So...the mafia.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Wife arguing politics with her father on the phone.... time to put on headphones and listen to music.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Vertigo shmertigo...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Vertigo shmertigo...
    Definitely the most overrated Hitchcock movie.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win