Register now to remove this ad

Page 364 of 376 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    It pissed me off when employers decided to lump sick time into PTO because of perceived abuses of sick time. I always felt that it was the job of an effective manager to curb such abuses. The new policy encouraged people to come to work sick with contagious conditions. I remember that my assistant came to work with the shingles and an attorney on my staff was pregnant and had never had the measles. My assistant would have stayed home, but she was out of PTO. I had my assistant call the doctor to confirm whether she was in a contagious state, and she was. That was a dangerous health situation. I told her that she had to go home until she was no longer contagious and go on short term disability, which we called STD back in the day (LOL). Maybe the stupid PTO policy that HR uniformly adopted to incorporate sick leave should be reconsidered in light of this pandemic.
    From my experience, employers are far more likely to abuse sick policies by forcing people to come in than an employee than may take one or two sick days off to enjoy the nice weather. My worry at this job is that the sick policy has been fairly lenient and I wonder if they'll go overboard to reign it in. Thankfully, living in FL instead of MA has kept my kids a lot healthier so I haven't had to take many days off for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    From my experience, employers are far more likely to abuse sick policies by forcing people to come in than an employee than may take one or two sick days off to enjoy the nice weather. My worry at this job is that the sick policy has been fairly lenient and I wonder if they'll go overboard to reign it in. Thankfully, living in FL instead of MA has kept my kids a lot healthier so I haven't had to take many days off for them.
    HR tends to move as a monolith nationwide and they base their policy shifts on recommendations from consultant groups that have never run a business. But they are good with PowerPoint.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My previous person who interviewer me for a position told the recruiter I was working with that I was combative. Fuck that guy, I'm not combative at all.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

My son’s bedroom is 75% Legos. I tried stepping over a pile and ended up kicking a drawer of Legos he had pulled out on the floor. Not to get you foot fetish freaks hot and bothered, but my littlest piggy is not happy right now.

My son’s bedroom is 75% Legos. I tried stepping over a pile and ended up kicking a drawer of Legos he had pulled out on the floor. Not to get you foot fetish freaks hot and bothered, but my littlest piggy is not happy right now.
    Stepping on legos shoe-less can be very painful.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Walking into a big spider web.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Stepping on legos shoe-less can be very painful.
    They won't break your toe though.

I should have just done the firewalk over the legos.

Lego pieces on floors are instruments of anatomical destruction. You should sue Lego, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Walking into a big spider web.
    OMG

I would rather step on a Lego, which can be extremely painful, than walk into a spider web.

Lego pieces on floors are instruments of anatomical destruction. You should sue Lego, really.
    "The fact of the matter is that you kicked a drawer and not a lego. Case dismissed."

"The fact of the matter is that you kicked a drawer and not a lego. Case dismissed."
    So 'accidentally' walk on the Legos next time and get it captured on video. Big bucks are waiting.

So 'accidentally' walk on the Legos next time and get it captured on video. Big bucks are waiting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXvXSHHQi4

More my speed.

I have never understood how you can be just walking along a clear path, minding your own business, and somehow your foot goes out to the side a little bit and forcefully stubs your toes. It happens to me way more than I'd like to admit.

Me, I keep banging the big knuckle on my right index finger into things till it hurts like heck. I have a huge callus there now. Not sure if I'm getting clumsier or just softer.

Deity
    I'm like Evel Knievel with regards to injuries. I've broken bones in both legs, my hands, my skull, my spine, and my rib cage. I have two metal rods in my back and one Teflon plate holding my eye in place (at 13, I took a fastball in in the eyes socket) and have gone through a litany of braces and air casts and all kinds of stabilizing medical equipment. You know those 3 little bones in your ear that are the smallest in the human body? I think those might be my only intact ones.

And yet after all that, you have no idea how thankful I am my daughter no longer cares for Legos. Although you know what is just as bad if not worse? Monopoly houses and hotels! Those edges on the roof are among the sharpest surfaces on the face of the Earth. When Rutherford first split the nucleus of an atom back in 1918, he did so using a green Monopoly house. Look it up...