Register now to remove this ad

Page 346 of 353 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5281

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

  1. #5176
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Sunburns
    I'll take that over the back pain I have from shoveling 9 inches of snow out of my driveway, my grandfather's driveway, my other grandfather's driveway, the driveway of the duplex that my grandfather owns, and the driveway of the old lady who lives across the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  2. #5177
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'll take that over the back pain I have from shoveling 9 inches of snow out of my driveway, my grandfather's driveway, my other grandfather's driveway, the driveway of the duplex that my grandfather owns, and the driveway of the old lady who lives across the street.
    The old folks must love you though!

  3. #5178
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The old folks must love you though!
    I bet he received some nice ribbon candy for a tip!
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  4. #5179
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The old folks must love you though!
    I don't mind helping out my grandfathers, but the other two piss me off. The old lady across the street lets us park in her driveway when it snows since we can't park on the street. She has a two-car garage and a four-car driveway, she parks in the garage so she has a lot of room. We appreciate it, obviously, but she calls the house every time it snows, usually while it's still snowing and very not-nicely asks when I'm going to shovel her driveway. She's called me at work to ask why it hasn't been done yet.

    As for the duplex, legally my grandfather is required to clear the snow, as the landlord. The problem is that the tenants know that, and they would rather starve to death inside their homes or walk eight miles to the grocery store than lift a shovel to get their own cars out, and they do the same thing as the old lady across the street: Call my grandfather repeatedly as soon as the snow begins to accumulate. The tenants speak very little English so my grandfather is the only one they can communicate with, but that didn't stop him from giving them my cell phone number, so I'm treated to a call every hour or so during a storm where I say "hello?" and hear "When clean snow? Have to work/have to go to store! Come now!", followed by "click".
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  5. #5180
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't mind helping out my grandfathers, but the other two piss me off. The old lady across the street lets us park in her driveway when it snows since we can't park on the street. She has a two-car garage and a four-car driveway, she parks in the garage so she has a lot of room. We appreciate it, obviously, but she calls the house every time it snows, usually while it's still snowing and very not-nicely asks when I'm going to shovel her driveway. She's called me at work to ask why it hasn't been done yet.

    As for the duplex, legally my grandfather is required to clear the snow, as the landlord. The problem is that the tenants know that, and they would rather starve to death inside their homes or walk eight miles to the grocery store than lift a shovel to get their own cars out, and they do the same thing as the old lady across the street: Call my grandfather repeatedly as soon as the snow begins to accumulate. The tenants speak very little English so my grandfather is the only one they can communicate with, but that didn't stop him from giving them my cell phone number, so I'm treated to a call every hour or so during a storm where I say "hello?" and hear "When clean snow? Have to work/have to go to store! Come now!", followed by "click".
    Double ouch, man. Some older people can be difficult. Like my mother-in-law. She's a widow, with seven children, and she is very capable of driving them all nuts at the same time.

  6. #5181
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't mind helping out my grandfathers, but the other two piss me off. The old lady across the street lets us park in her driveway when it snows since we can't park on the street. She has a two-car garage and a four-car driveway, she parks in the garage so she has a lot of room. We appreciate it, obviously, but she calls the house every time it snows, usually while it's still snowing and very not-nicely asks when I'm going to shovel her driveway. She's called me at work to ask why it hasn't been done yet.

    As for the duplex, legally my grandfather is required to clear the snow, as the landlord. The problem is that the tenants know that, and they would rather starve to death inside their homes or walk eight miles to the grocery store than lift a shovel to get their own cars out, and they do the same thing as the old lady across the street: Call my grandfather repeatedly as soon as the snow begins to accumulate. The tenants speak very little English so my grandfather is the only one they can communicate with, but that didn't stop him from giving them my cell phone number, so I'm treated to a call every hour or so during a storm where I say "hello?" and hear "When clean snow? Have to work/have to go to store! Come now!", followed by "click".
    Call immigration on their asses!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #5182
    When you forget the safe word.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  8. #5183
    My safeword (as well as my fiancee's) was "Canada". I decided on it because what is safer and more polite than Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  9. #5184
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    My safeword (as well as my fiancee's) was "Canada". I decided on it because what is safer and more polite than Canada?
    Lol...
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  10. #5185
    After the Cavs/Pacers game, Lebron had a huge game and was obviously getting the post game interview. It really irritated me, that TNT's sideline reporter decided to break the news of Gregg Popovich's wife dying to Lebron, directly after the game ended and on national TV and asked Lebron for his opinion about it. Lebron is close with Pop, and was clearly distraught and caught off guard by the question. He did a great job keeping his composure and answering the question, but man that just seems like a really shitty job by the TNT reporter.

  11. #5186
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    After the Cavs/Pacers game, Lebron had a huge game and was obviously getting the post game interview. It really irritated me, that TNT's sideline reporter decided to break the news of Gregg Popovich's wife dying to Lebron, directly after the game ended and on national TV and asked Lebron for his opinion about it. Lebron is close with Pop, and was clearly distraught and caught off guard by the question. He did a great job keeping his composure and answering the question, but man that just seems like a really shitty job by the TNT reporter.
    Which reporter was it?
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  12. #5187
    Nevermind, I just found it. Allie LaForce. She's a good one actually. LeBron did defend her in a statement he released later on.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  13. #5188
    Yard work.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  14. #5189
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Yard work.
    I hear that. Stuff grows way too fast.

  15. #5190
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    After the Cavs/Pacers game, Lebron had a huge game and was obviously getting the post game interview. It really irritated me, that TNT's sideline reporter decided to break the news of Gregg Popovich's wife dying to Lebron, directly after the game ended and on national TV and asked Lebron for his opinion about it. Lebron is close with Pop, and was clearly distraught and caught off guard by the question. He did a great job keeping his composure and answering the question, but man that just seems like a really shitty job by the TNT reporter.
    Somebody did the same thing with Kevin Durant. You are right: I didn't think about it, but that kind of ambush shows no class at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •