Register now to remove this ad

Page 343 of 376 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    If changes to Fenway and environs are to be made, the gates should be relabeled to be in some order or sequence.

Tonight I attended an event there with a700. We parked in the Masco lot on Brookline Avenue right next to Boston Beer Works. I saw Gate A on Yawkey way and told a700 let's just mosey on down Yawkey way to our gate, Gate C.

WRONG! Gate C is located in the center field side of the wall on Landsdown Street.

I made us walk around the entire stadium unnecessarily. The order of the Gates is fucked. I never noticed this in the 50 years that I have attended games there.

I could have just walked across Brookline Ave and walked about 150 feet.

Despite this fuck-up I had a blast talking to a700.

What a cool dude. Funny as fuck, too.
    No way..... you two are fucking nuts....... that must have been fun......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    What a cool dude.
    Must have been an imposter.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I am so sick of my world of sport becoming a political forum.
    Well then, the solution is to mention it on your sports forum in a way that seems designed to start a political discussion, right?

Seriously though, let's not even lay the first brick in this road, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

When the coffee machine at work is broken. What the fuck is this shit? How am I supposed to enjoy my Friday now?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    When the coffee machine at work is broken. What the fuck is this shit? How am I supposed to enjoy my Friday now?
    This happened to me a few weeks back so I went to this fancy coffee shop down the street..... All I got was a friggin black coffee and it wasn't even a big size or anything. Just a medium.... It came to nearly 4 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BLACK COFFEE!!!!!!!! That was the ultimate piss off day.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerd View Post
    this happened to me a few weeks back so i went to this fancy coffee shop down the street..... All i got was a friggin black coffee and it wasn't even a big size or anything. Just a medium.... It came to nearly 4 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For black coffee!!!!!!!! That was the ultimate piss off day.
    wtf!

Don't you have minions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Don't you have minions?
    It's Friday, they are all on the bench today. Of the 5 locations we have, this is the only one with a coffee machine. What the hell? Like 5 years ago they were still smoking at board meetings!

I have a package of "gourmet" chocolate chip cookies sitting on my desk that need a side of coffee to go with them!

It's Friday, they are all on the bench today. Of the 5 locations we have, this is the only one with a coffee machine. What the hell? Like 5 years ago they were still smoking at board meetings!

I have a package of "gourmet" chocolate chip cookies sitting on my desk that need a side of coffee to go with them!
    Addiction is a disease
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Addiction is a disease
    I know. I just can't quit chocolate chip cookies.

I sat down today to pick my classes before the enrollment period for the spring opens up in a couple of weeks... So many choices!!!! I spent at least two hours deciding on an elective.

Work coffee is usually shit compared to buying it on the way in. And also, you can buy a coffee shop's coffee and brew it at home but it still doesn't taste anything like it tastes when it's from the store.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The realization that years of not being able to watch games has eroded my baseball knowledge to the point where I can't hold a candle to you guys in the baseball discussion threads.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    This happened to me a few weeks back so I went to this fancy coffee shop down the street..... All I got was a friggin black coffee and it wasn't even a big size or anything. Just a medium.... It came to nearly 4 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BLACK COFFEE!!!!!!!! That was the ultimate piss off day.
    I don't think the lack of cream affects the price. Most places don't charge extra. Maybe it was a special roast with more expensive beans?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    The realization that years of not being able to watch games has eroded my baseball knowledge to the point where I can't hold a candle to you guys in the baseball discussion threads.
    I watch almost every game and I still can't hold a candle. My hands get too damn shaky.