Register now to remove this ad

Page 363 of 376 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    bostonherald.com went to read some Red Sox stuff this morning and got a virus. That site must be desperate to run malicious stuff on its site.
    That site is so bad. I stopped clicking on their links a long time ago due to all the pop up ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I keep sending accidentally rude texts to my son’s little league team parent group text.

Father in Law is visiting and he’s a real piece of work.

I’ll bite my tongue on the rest.

My ex-father in law was like that! A real piece of work!
    Knew everything, and had an opinion on everything.

I kinda miss it.

I just couldn't help messing with him.

In the long run, he grew to respect and admire me. Total political opposites, and we used to tear it up.

The new guy is a total ba!! suck, and my son tells me "grandpa treats him like $h!+. Walks all over him, while CaRrl tries to kiss his arss. :0 LOL poor bastard.

My ex-father in law can & was a real piece of work, but if you can establish a baseline position of respect, it can make things a lot easier.

If you can do it without being an asshole, things can get worlds better. Pandering doesn't help, but realizing you are inextricably linked, and affording him due respect for being your wife's father, and respecting opinions totally different than yours, can make a huge difference.

He will grow to listen to & respect your opinion.

You can also have a hell of a lot of fun mixing it up on occasion. Not in front of others, but directly with him.

Just my opinion, but what the hell do I know about your situation.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

I’ll do my best but it’s hard for me to really respect a guy who wasn’t in his daughter’s life for most of her childhood. Withholding child support and only seeing your kid for part of the summer is an attitude I’ll never understand. If he had his life figured out, maybe it wouldn’t be so hard.

My limits are “just don’t sit in the stands at a little league game and talk loudly about how 7-8 year olds are bums and that nobody tells it like it is anymore.”

At least he’s leaving on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I’ll do my best but it’s hard for me to really respect a guy who wasn’t in his daughter’s life for most of her childhood. Withholding child support and only seeing your kid for part of the summer is an attitude I’ll never understand. If he had his life figured out, maybe it wouldn’t be so hard.

My limits are “just don’t sit in the stands at a little league game and talk loudly about how 7-8 year olds are bums and that nobody tells it like it is anymore.”

Ahhhh
    Very different set of circumstances.

My ex's is rich, connected, & used his support for control.
    Luckily, I never needed his support, so I could afford to treat him as I chose to.

It ultimately worked, as I could tell him to back off & he would respect that.

With your case, you can't really cure ignorance, other than to directly speak to it.

"Joe (or whatever), listen.... we LOVE having you take an interest in & come to the kid's game, but times have changed. We can be asked to leave for talking chit at a kid's game. Also, these people are our friends.... if somebody hears you talking shit about their kid, its gonna come back on us. AGAIN... The kids love having to come & take an interest. We love you taking an interest.
    Can you please not get loud & talk shit about little kids?
    Still love ya, but..... PLEASE!
    SURE. You're right. That little Chucky Brown doesnt have shit on his splitter. You are so right! But, can you just save it for the post-game home analysis?
    Thanks Joe! Love ya!

LOL :0
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Today's kids are softer than a 3 minute egg.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

My new father in law is a bit different.
    One of our first encounters was at Bear camp in Idaho.

Boston kid, & I've never hunted.

"If you're taking the kids for a walk you're gonna need this."

Shoves some type of MAGNUM in my chest.

"This 'll slow em down anyway."

Great! WTF am I slowing down?

"Well... either that big brown bear we're after, or the 2 packs of wolves surrounding us."

"Jesus Christ! Grizzly Adams here is a fucking drama queen!" So I tell my wife.....

That night, after much howling from all sides....
    A wolf comes into camp.

It's a damned good thing my wife is HOT!

I have to admit..... I did feel pretty bad ass packing that magnum for the walk.

Love him now.... but!!!! He's still not fit for children.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

You should hear my school lectures to my students.

"Look.... I know you guys are used to mommy & daddy wiping your arsses 24/7, but I'm not here to tell you you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't tell me! Show me!"

RedSoxDirtdog 19

7 & 8 year olds are not too young to hear...

"Kid... I gotta give you the hook! You just don't have it today! Your breaking shit is breaking right in their wheelhouse, and if your heat gets any cooler, little 10lb. Sandy Slim is gonna go yard on you. Pack a lunch kid! You just dont have it going on today!
    HEY! Stop with the tears. Old Mrs. Graham, the school librarian is even heckling you! Don't pin this shite outing on me kid!

Hit the pine!"
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post

My new father in law is a bit different.
    One of our first encounters was at Bear camp in Idaho.

Boston kid, & I've never hunted.

"If you're taking the kids for a walk you're gonna need this."

Shoves some type of MAGNUM in my chest.

"This 'll slow em down anyway."

Great! WTF am I slowing down?

"Well... either that big brown bear we're after, or the 2 packs of wolves surrounding us."

"Jesus Christ! Grizzly Adams here is a fucking drama queen!" So I tell my wife.....

That night, after much howling from all sides....
    A wolf comes into camp.

It's a damned good thing my wife is HOT!

I have to admit..... I did feel pretty bad ass packing that magnum for the walk.

Love him now.... but!!!! He's still not fit for children.
    I am liking this guy.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Funny, cause it's the same shit your dad said about your generation and your grandpa said about your dad's and your great grandpa said about your grandpa's. Funny how that works.

HR is coming to the office today to tell everyone how much the health plans have increased this year. Maybe they'll also explain the PTO policy that they changed on January 1, but didn't tell anyone about? Fingers crossed!

Funny, cause it's the same shit your dad said about your generation and your grandpa said about your dad's and your great grandpa said about your grandpa's. Funny how that works.
    What you say is true, and each of those things is probably accurate. I am definitely softer than my Dad and my Uncles were.

HR is coming to the office today to tell everyone how much the health plans have increased this year. Maybe they'll also explain the PTO policy that they changed on January 1, but didn't tell anyone about? Fingers crossed!
    It pissed me off when employers decided to lump sick time into PTO because of perceived abuses of sick time. I always felt that it was the job of an effective manager to curb such abuses. The new policy encouraged people to come to work sick with contagious conditions. I remember that my assistant came to work with the shingles and an attorney on my staff was pregnant and had never had the measles. My assistant would have stayed home, but she was out of PTO. I had my assistant call the doctor to confirm whether she was in a contagious state, and she was. That was a dangerous health situation. I told her that she had to go home until she was no longer contagious and go on short term disability, which we called STD back in the day (LOL). Maybe the stupid PTO policy that HR uniformly adopted to incorporate sick leave should be reconsidered in light of this pandemic.