Register now to remove this ad

Page 354 of 376 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Distractify. About the only such site I frequent, even though every other story is about Chrissy Teigen and the quality of the so-called journalism is atrocious, even for a fluff site like this.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Daylight savings

$300 for Kanye West sneakers? $300 for ANY sneakers?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

The subpar and bland food at Uno's.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

mental illness. I'm in a really bad place with it right now.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Depression?

Sorry to hear this NS.

I hope the best for you.

Thanks. Just trying to take it one day at a time, but it's really difficult.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Sorry to hear that! I came close about 8 yrs ago. Brutal! Decades long MS pain.. put me on Oxy, about 9 months. Thought it saved my life, until I realized I couldn't live like that. It almost killed me coming off. After that, i developed a fear of getting out, the exact opposite of what you need to do. Life is good now. Still constant crushing pain, but it lets me know I'm alive.

Trite time .... Hang in there brother! Things ALWAYS get better! With my boys heading to the C's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Sorry to hear that! I came close about 8 yrs ago. Brutal! Decades long MS pain.. put me on Oxy, about 9 months. Thought it saved my life, until I realized I couldn't live like that. It almost killed me coming off. After that, i developed a fear of getting out, the exact opposite of what you need to do. Life is good now. Still constant crushing pain, but it lets me know I'm alive.

Trite time .... Hang in there brother! Things ALWAYS get better! With my boys heading to the C's game.
    Thanks man, glad to hear life is better for you now.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

The fallacy used in arguing (usually about politics) where:

Person A says "what about this problem with the person you support?"
    and Person B replies with "well, what about the problem with the person YOU support?" or "YOUR guy did it too!"

Anyone know the name for this?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Something I've mentioned before, and is ticking me off now worse than ever, is these stupid f'king contests where you have to go online and enter a PIN off a card to find out if you've won anything. This particular contest is run by MasterCard through Superstore (Loblaws). You get a card whenever you pay by MasterCard. First prize is a trip to Aruba. Great! But second prize is just a bunch of prepaid phone cards.

Here's how ridiculous it is. You go on the web site, and not only do you have to key in this long alphanumeric code, but your name and address crap. Then, you have to pass one of those 'I'm not a robot' tests where they show you 8 pictures and you have to mark the ones that have a 'storefront' in them or some such thing. Jesus Christ!

And after all that, of course, you get a 'Sorry Please Play Again!' message. What suckers we are to subject ourselves to such tyrannical idiocy. And yet, damn, what if that card I'm about to tear up is the f'king trip to Aruba...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Something I've mentioned before, and is ticking me off now worse than ever, is these stupid f'king contests where you have to go online and enter a PIN off a card to find out if you've won anything. This particular contest is run by MasterCard through Superstore (Loblaws). You get a card whenever you pay by MasterCard. First prize is a trip to Aruba. Great! But second prize is just a bunch of prepaid phone cards.

Here's how ridiculous it is. You go on the web site, and not only do you have to key in this long alphanumeric code, but your name and address crap. Then, you have to pass one of those 'I'm not a robot' tests where they show you 8 pictures and you have to mark the ones that have a 'storefront' in them or some such thing. Jesus Christ!

And after all that, of course, you get a 'Sorry Please Play Again!' message. What suckers we are to subject ourselves to such tyrannical idiocy. And yet, damn, what if that card I'm about to tear up is the f'king trip to Aruba...
    OK, this is weird. Last night I had a dream that I opened a couple of packs of baseball cards and got two redemption cards with codes that I had to enter online to claim the actual cards. It turned out what I was getting weren't good cards.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Those I Am Not A Robot photos can be tough, especially on a phone. Half the time you can't make out whether the thing is in one or not.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Ok, how about this whole hair loss & wrinkles thing? WTF!?
    Damn I used to look good. Ok, the weight gain & nasty demeanor is not helping either???

WTF is going on? I swear I was just 40, and had the world by the balls . . .

Has anybody else experienced this strange phenomenon?
    I'm genuinely perplexed....

& PLEASE tell me, why the fuck these kids won't stay off of my lawn?