Register now to remove this ad

Page 348 of 353 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 5281

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

  1. #5206
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    What town? I thought that you lived in the burbs. Where are you looking to move?
    Mansfield MA.

    Probably moving to Jensen Beach FL to be closer to my kids’ nana.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  2. #5207
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Mansfield MA.

    Probably moving to Jensen Beach FL to be closer to my kids’ nana.
    Wow, that's a big move. Can you transfer in your job or will you be getting a new job?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  3. #5208
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Wow, that's a big move. Can you transfer in your job or will you be getting a new job?
    My wife works remotely. I’d have to find a new job. Not too worried as being a CPA gets my foot in the door at most places.

    Biggest reason for the move is to have more hands on help with my kids. My parents are great, but they are rarely available to watch the kids or even just come over for dinner for whatever reason. My wife’s my has been dreaming about having grandkids close by since the day I proposed.

    We haven’t told too many people yet because there are no definitive plans yet.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  4. #5209
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    1. Had an open house today
    2. Someone left the basement door unlocked
    3. We come home and lock everything down and check all gates
    4. Watching tv tonight and heard sounds of someone trying to break in through the basement door (outside door is old and has a very loud distinctive noise when opened, inside door is locked with 3 locks)
    5. Dog freaks out, I turn the lights on.
    6. Go outside and basement door is shut (so not blowing in wind) and the side gate is wide open

    Fuck this town.

    Working theory is that it was a former resident who grew up in the house. She apparently acted really weird at the open house (crying with her bf, spent a lot of time in the basement, refused to sign in or say who she was but stated she used to live here and she tried prying an old sign off the inside of our garage that was from her dad’s business).
    I haven't lived in New England in many years. But I swear there was more batshit crazies there than any other place I've lived. More normal people, but the crazies were crazier than other places I've seen. Had one live downstairs from us in one apartment. That was a nightmare.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  5. #5210
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    My wife works remotely. I’d have to find a new job. Not too worried as being a CPA gets my foot in the door at most places.

    Biggest reason for the move is to have more hands on help with my kids. My parents are great, but they are rarely available to watch the kids or even just come over for dinner for whatever reason. My wife’s my has been dreaming about having grandkids close by since the day I proposed.

    We haven’t told too many people yet because there are no definitive plans yet.
    What part of Florida is that?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  6. #5211
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Mansfield MA.

    Probably moving to Jensen Beach FL to be closer to my kids’ nana.
    Cuban Sandwich and beans and rice heaven.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  7. #5212
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    What part of Florida is that?
    Hour north of West Palm Beach.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  8. #5213

  9. #5214
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    My wife works remotely. I’d have to find a new job. Not too worried as being a CPA gets my foot in the door at most places.

    Biggest reason for the move is to have more hands on help with my kids. My parents are great, but they are rarely available to watch the kids or even just come over for dinner for whatever reason. My wife’s my has been dreaming about having grandkids close by since the day I proposed.

    We haven’t told too many people yet because there are no definitive plans yet.
    Woah, I didn't know you were a CPA. I'm studying to be an accountant, with the goal of going the public route. Mind if we talk professionally some time? I just want to get a sense of a CPA's world.

    Good luck with the move.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  10. #5215
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Woah, I didn't know you were a CPA. I'm studying to be an accountant, with the goal of going the public route. Mind if we talk professionally some time? I just want to get a sense of a CPA's world.

    Good luck with the move.
    Not a problem. Just give a shout.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  11. #5216
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Woah, I didn't know you were a CPA. I'm studying to be an accountant, with the goal of going the public route. Mind if we talk professionally some time? I just want to get a sense of a CPA's world.
    I'm a CPA too. The Canadian version, though. So I couldn't answer very many of your tax questions LOL

  12. #5217
    I'm sure this has been covered in this thread before, but it's worth repeating: women
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  13. #5218
    Seriously how can all of you be CPAs? Or in Thunder's case, want to be? None of you seem nearly boring enough. Okay, maybe mvp is kind of boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  14. #5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm a CPA too. The Canadian version, though. So I couldn't answer very many of your tax questions LOL
    He can get in touch if the US ever switches to IFRS. Any day now...
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  15. #5220
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Seriously how can all of you be CPAs? Or in Thunder's case, want to be? None of you seem nearly boring enough. Okay, maybe mvp is kind of boring.
    I can’t deny it. I’m a pretty boring guy.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •