Register now to remove this ad

Page 330 of 527 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    awww Richard Sherman is hurt Enjoy that Super Bowl win, it will be a shame if you miss any time next season.

Best possible outcome. Manning got his ass kicked and Sherman leaves the field on a golf cart.

lol, I love these Sherman haters.

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSn8Isv-3M

I don't get this commercial. Isn't Chrysler's majority shareholder Fiat?

Beforre the game, the debate in the press was whether Peyton Manning was the greatest QB in history. Right after the game, they had up the stat that he has lost more playoff games than any other QB in history. I don't think this game would have affected his legacy one way or another.

This game highlights why stats can be misleading. The Broncos were completely run off the field. Yet, Manning set a record for completions, and his receiver set the record for completions. The Broncos could not handle the Seahawk defense. They had everyone blanketed.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Banned

This game highlights why stats can be misleading. The Broncos were completely run off the field. Yet, Manning set a record for completions, and his receiver set the record for completions. The Broncos could not handle the Seahawk defense. They had everyone blanketed.
    It would be misleading if completions were the only stat made available by the NFL. Although, misleading suggests a deliberate attempt to confuse someone, which always strikes me as an odd point of view by anti-statisticians. The person reading the box score would also have to completely lack the ability to ask why.
    Last edited by rjortiz; 02-03-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Beforre the game, the debate in the press was whether Peyton Manning was the greatest QB in history. Right after the game, they had up the stat that he has lost more playoff games than any other QB in history. I don't think this game would have affected his legacy one way or another.

Completions are a useless stat. Manning's YPA was awful, because the Seahawks were there every time he completed a pass. I figured this would happen, and I wanted the Seahawks to win, but I just thought that the Broncos would put up a better fight. Didn't realize they would come in with the mentality that they could just pass to win this game. I was actually saying all week that Seattle could win this game by a wide margin if Denver had trouble gaining yards through the air, and they did, and here we have the biggest blowout in SB history.

As I've said, Seattle just has a very complete team on both sides of the ball, and I don't expect anything less than the division, and another NFC title game for them in 2015. Very tough to beat a team that can win so many ways, and almost never loses at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    This was not the biggest blowout in history.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

3rd biggest, apparently.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

1 point from tying the Chicago vs. NE ass-whooping. It's funny, bc I was comparing this team to the '85 Bears earlier.

2 Interceptions, 1 fumble lost, 1 missed snap that turned into a safety. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    As I've said, Seattle just has a very complete team on both sides of the ball, and I don't expect anything less than the division, and another NFC title game for them in 2015. Very tough to beat a team that can win so many ways, and almost never loses at home.
    Seattle definitely doesn't look like a one-and-done team. Will they be able to keep most of their top players for the next few years?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Did not see that coming.

Terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Did not see that coming.

Terrible game.
    Wasn't even a game really. The Super Bowl party I was at was still fun though. We drank lots of beer, ate some great food, cracked a lot of jokes (many at Peyton's expense), played pool, and had some proposition betting etc.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Manning has also appeared in more playoffs than anyone else. So he will obviously have more L. Unless he starts winning Super Bowls.

This was the worst SB since the Broncos beat the Falcons in the late 90's
    Last edited by redsoxrules; 02-03-2014 at 01:32 PM.

2nd consecutive year of picking the SB Champ, as well as the runner up, in the preseason. Stay tuned, I'll have my 2014 prediction in August.

Congrats to the Hawks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post

lol, I love these Sherman haters.
    That was what.....2 years ago? Yeah I am over that. The thing that I am not over however, is that Richard Sherman is a bag of dicks.