Register now to remove this ad

Page 435 of 527 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

He probably has skid marks in his boxers too.

So what?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I would agree, but he did bench Malcolm Butler in a super bowl for a fringe roster guy who got torched all game.
    Butler was pretty shitty last year too. Every game I watched, Butler got torched a few times. He's not a lock down corner. He's decent, but I'm not sure starting him would have won the Super Bowl. Butler even said himself that he kinda just sat back and let the Super Bowl go by him. If he was really invested, he should have spoken up and shown to the coaching staff that he wanted to be there. There's definitely some underlying issue between Butler and the coaching staff, but I'm not sure we'll ever find out what it was. Lack of preparation? Bad behavior? If it was just bad behavior, he would have only been benched for a quarter which is what BB has done in the past. I think it had a lot to do with preparation this season and the coaching staff believing his wasn't mentally prepared.

Also, Cooks is due about $8.25 mil this year which is kind of rich already for a Pats receiver. He will be a free agent going into 2019. It is said that he will get $15-16 mil which is not going to happen in New England. A while back entering the off-season the Pats remaining cap space was about $4. mil.

Bellichick is really good at balancing the squad and payroll. Five quality players have been let go one way or another this off-season. BB will find talent at about the same level but most likely on less expensive contract. It's what he does. Fans, media, and NFL people do not fully understand that he does this every year.

Add all that to the feeling that Cooks was not a good match with his down field speed and his inability to shake many DBs and BB know he must do better. Randy Moss Cooks is not.

I have no idea what the offense will look like come September. I know the idea of In Bill we trust" may seem lame to many outside New England. People around here scratch their heads a lot but in the end BB tends to enter the season close to or fully loaded for another Superbowl run.

No amount of second guessing or questioning his moves him can change that.

Good luck to the other NFL teams. Nothing has changed with all the negative press.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Here is the Cooks trade explained in detail.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england...ks-to-the-rams

One thing that has not been mentioned is that Cooks virtue is his speed and being a downfield target.

The problem is that the Pats offense is set up for a quick release. That is why you see guys like Jules, Dola, and even Hogan and Mitchell on short routes.

Bellichick had a massive boner for Cooks for over two years. He went out and got him.

Now he is gone for some good reasons.

Bellichick is just so much better at this stuff than other coaches or GMs.

I think it was allocation of resources. He got a year of Cooks and moved up 9 spots in the draft while swapping a 4th for a 6th.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think it was allocation of resources. He got a year of Cooks and moved up 9 spots in the draft while swapping a 4th for a 6th.
    Typical Bellichick.

Fans outside Boston think things are falling apart for the Bellichick and the Pats. This is fueled by nonsense media commentary.

The Pats are are reloading on the fly as they always do.

RIP Gil Santos
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    RIP Gil Santos
    I have admired Gil Santos since the old days when he was on WBZ.

He was a nice man in person and what a hell of a voice for calling football. With Gino by his side they were able to help me visualize the game with their call.

We have had some really good announcers in Boston.

Gino was one of them.

I didn't realize who he was. I heard the name, then I looked him up. Now I realize it. Wow. And to die on your birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Jets better be nice to my boy Darnold.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I hated the Barkley pick for my GMen. Not that I dislike Barkley, but because we had the opportunity to do one of two things. We could either draft Eli's replacement or rebuild our team. If we don't like Darnold, we can trade down and fill the roster. We have too many holes on this squad. I love the Hernandez pick. Our line is so bad that Eli has a stage of CTE previously unseen
    Hal sucks

I hated the Barkley pick for my GMen. Not that I dislike Barkley, but because we had the opportunity to do one of two things. We could either draft Eli's replacement or rebuild our team. If we don't like Darnold, we can trade down and fill the roster. We have too many holes on this squad. I love the Hernandez pick. Our line is so bad that Eli has a stage of CTE previously unseen
    All is well as your GMen landed the bargain QB in the draft, the kid from Richmond.

They got top shelf talent for a bargain price.

Very BB move.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Barkley looks like he'll be a beast, but RBs are a dime a dozen and not the most important player on offense. Totally should have gone QB or traded down for more picks.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Me tonight: Packers giving up on Ha Ha Clinton Dix already?

*googles*

He was drafted in 2014?? Where has the time gone?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I'm sure when they made the schedule, the Battle of the Bay sounded like a good matchup for TNF. Now...not so much.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win