Register now to remove this ad

Page 436 of 527 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I'm sure when they made the schedule, the Battle of the Bay sounded like a good matchup for TNF. Now...not so much.
    I like it. It's the last one with the Raiders in Oakland. But, I'm spending most of my time tonight watching The Office reruns on Comedy Central, and flipping back to TNF on commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I don't think I've ever been less interested in a prime time game. Both teams suck, I don't have any fantasy players.. I mean shit, who the hell is 49ers QB, Nick Mullens?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't think I've ever been less interested in a prime time game. Both teams suck, I don't have any fantasy players.. I mean shit, who the hell is 49ers QB, Nick Mullens?
    He got verified on Twitter mid-game. I had a good laugh about that
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I like it. It's the last one with the Raiders in Oakland. But, I'm spending most of my time tonight watching The Office reruns on Comedy Central, and flipping back to TNF on commercials
    Speaking of Comedy Central, the Bills are probably starting The Peterman on Sunday. Reminds me of a favorite scene from Jaws. "You start Peterman, that's like ringing the dinner bell, for Christ's sake."
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

There's the Peterman we know and love.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

There's the Peterman we know and love.
    There is no logical reason he should be in the NFL. The Bills QB situation is horrendous.

There is no logical reason he should be in the NFL. The Bills QB situation is horrendous.
    The way I hear it, McDermott is too stubborn to admit they wasted a fifth round pick on him. This is also on Beane for not responding nearly quickly enough to get competent plan B alternatives. I don't think Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley are going to cut it. So let's throw the rookie back in behind a garbage line and with a collection of stiffs to throw to.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

If I were the Rams, I wouldn't be too worried about this loss. It's not every week you put up 35 and lose.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

If I were the Rams, I wouldn't be too worried about this loss. It's not every week you put up 35 and lose.
    In today’s NFL, it’s actually not that uncommon lol.

I wonder if Leveon Bell regrets his hold out? He passed up $15 million in order to get a bigger contract, while his backup came in and has actually outperformed him and is setting all kinds of Steelers team records. This is exact reason why I never want to pay RB's big money. Obviously I like Leveon and think he is a great talent, but why pay him absurd money when I honestly don't think Conner is much of a drop off. Steelers have elite O-line and WR's and it makes RB's job in this offense much easier.

New Orleans is having an impressive season so far.

I wonder if Leveon Bell regrets his hold out? He passed up $15 million in order to get a bigger contract, while his backup came in and has actually outperformed him and is setting all kinds of Steelers team records. This is exact reason why I never want to pay RB's big money. Obviously I like Leveon and think he is a great talent, but why pay him absurd money when I honestly don't think Conner is much of a drop off. Steelers have elite O-line and WR's and it makes RB's job in this offense much easier.
    I was literally thinking about this yesterday. His "saving myself now for the longterm future" is a joke. Teams see a troublemaker who puts himself first and they won't be giving him Gurley money. He's got it ass backwards. He should be playing NOW, because he's already 26 and performance will only drop from here on out. Get as much as you can as quickly as you can, because you're not gonna be around that long. He's already pissed away millions of dollars sitting on his ass, and the Steelers see Conner and say "nah, we good."

And as Conner proves, always someone else standing in line behind you, waiting for their shot.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

In today’s NFL, it’s actually not that uncommon lol.
    You got me curious, so I looked it up. It's happened 7 times in 9 weeks. Last year, 6 times in a full season.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Another reason Bell and his agent are being asshats. According to a Sporting News article from when he started the holdout, the type of injury he fears, that he's seen other backs incur, has been a freak injury that could happen at any time. It's not from wear and tear.

He doesn't know the future. He could trip over his coffee table tomorrow and injure his knee beyond repair. All the more reason to play and make money while you can.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Pats are on track to be there at the end.

Every year people get hard-ons for teams with an unexpected hot QB or an undefeated record.

Every year the Pats hit their stride about mid season.

About the only thing that can stop the Pats is a proliferation of significant injuries.

My only concern is if the Pats can overtake KC and achieve home field advantage and a bye for the playoffs.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."