Register now to remove this ad

Page 456 of 527 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Lots of Steeler fans blaming AB, but all he wanted was to be paid what he's worth - guaranteed.
    He literally agreed to the contract less than 2 years ago. Why would he agree to that 5 year deal with those specifics, if he was going to be unhappy two years in? He also lied about his reasoning for demanding the trade, at first it was Big Ben's fault, then Tomlins, then the O-line, or the defense, even the owner. In the end, all he wanted was money. I don't get why Steelers even traded him, especially for that little of a haul. Make AB play, if he wants to sit out, cool, he can sit out three seasons.

I don't care about players wanted to be paid, that's fine and understandable, and in all honesty, NFL contracts SHOULD be guaranteed, but the way he handled it was childish.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    He literally agreed to the contract less than 2 years ago. Why would he agree to that 5 year deal with those specifics, if he was going to be unhappy two years in? He also lied about his reasoning for demanding the trade, at first it was Big Ben's fault, then Tomlins, then the O-line, or the defense, even the owner. In the end, all he wanted was money. I don't get why Steelers even traded him, especially for that little of a haul. Make AB play, if he wants to sit out, cool, he can sit out three seasons.

I don't care about players wanted to be paid, that's fine and understandable, and in all honesty, NFL contracts SHOULD be guaranteed, but the way he handled it was childish.
    I'm not saying he's totally blameless here, but the way the Steelers finagle their contracts isn't necessarily conducive to harmony with the players.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Wow. OBJ to Browns. Didn't see that coming.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Deity
    Wow. OBJ to Browns. Didn't see that coming.

With Kareem Hunt, Nick Chubb, Jarvis Landry, Antonio Calloway and David Njoku, the Browns are certainly building a good fantasy roster.

My fantasy advice - avoid all those players and draft Baker Mayfield. But not early...

Deity

I get why they traded him. This team did just watch Le’Veon Bell sit out an entire season over money. And I don’t think they missed him one bit...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    With Kareem Hunt, Nick Chubb, Jarvis Landry, Antonio Calloway and David Njoku, the Browns are certainly building a good fantasy roster.

My fantasy advice - avoid all those players and draft Baker Mayfield. But not early...
    OBJ will tank that team. As soon as he realizes he is not as important as he thinks he is, and the ball is going elsewhere......he will become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I get why they traded him. This team did just watch Le’Veon Bell sit out an entire season over money. And I don’t think they missed him one bit...
    They're paying $21 million penalty for him not to play on the team. It was a huge loss trading a superstar and not getting a significant return.

I'm not saying he's totally blameless here, but the way the Steelers finagle their contracts isn't necessarily conducive to harmony with the players.
    He didnt have to accept the deal.

Jets have signed a ton of dudes. Just added Le'veon Bell.

Deity
    Jets have signed a ton of dudes. Just added Le'veon Bell.

Hope they saved money to buy an offensive line...

They added a few lineman, including star G Kelechi Osemele.

They added a few lineman, including star G Kelechi Osemele.
    Jets are actually being pretty smart. they have a shot to take over the New York market as the Giants look to be going nowhere fast.....
    other names i have posted under: none

They're paying $21 million penalty for him not to play on the team. It was a huge loss trading a superstar and not getting a significant return.
    I don't think notin's comment adds up here. You don't trade arguably the best WR in the league because you think you can do just as well without him. There clearly must be something off the field/attitude going on, to make the Giants go from big extension to trading within 8 months. $16 million of that $21 million is dead money that they're eating, and they're also eating shit from their fans and the rest of the league. So why do it unless there was some off-field problem? Yet ESPN paints him as a locker room favorite.

Also according to ESPN, OBJ and Landry are BFFs who "won't mind" (paraphrase) if the other gets the ball more. Let's see if that holds up.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Jets are actually being pretty smart. they have a shot to take over the New York market as the Giants look to be going nowhere fast.....
    I look at it as the Giants trying to outdo the Jets in dysfunction.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

From Deadspin:

By hitting the open market, with multiple teams bidding on him, as opposed to just the Steelers, Bell thought he could do better in average annual value than the $14-15 million he turned down. He just ran headlong into the harsh reality faced by running backs in today’s NFL, and to a pay scale that continues to limit players’ earning potential based on the positions they play.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win