Register now to remove this ad

Page 487 of 527 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Are the Jets really just a QB away?
    A QB and 300 less injuries away. And I thought the Yankees had problems staying healthy

This Patrick Mahomes guy is really good.

But I did not realize the Chiefs gave him a $503 million extension. Holy crap.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    This Patrick Mahomes guy is really good.

But I did not realize the Chiefs gave him a $503 million extension. Holy crap.
    Yep. He drives a Ferrari now

@mortreport
    The @Vikings played @Titans on Sunday and now also have had their facility shut down until further notice, per source.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@MySportsUpdate
    The #Titans had three players test positive for COVID-19 and five personnel members test positive, per NFL Network. Team will suspend in person club activities starting today. #Vikings are doing the same after playing Tennessee on Sunday.

Knew it was only a matter of time. Titans should take the week off. It's a shame because that Steelers-Titans game would have been a really good one. They probably won't reschedule though, because the teams do not have the same bye week. But they can sacrifice one game to keep the league going

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Knew it was only a matter of time. Titans should take the week off. It's a shame because that Steelers-Titans game would have been a really good one. They probably won't reschedule though, because the teams do not have the same bye week. But they can sacrifice one game to keep the league going
    It seems like the NFL is doing some more advanced testing and trying to get around "false positives." I'm not a epidemiologist so I can't comment on the effectiveness of their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It seems like the NFL is doing some more advanced testing and trying to get around "false positives." I'm not a epidemiologist so I can't comment on the effectiveness of their strategy.
    Yeah, most teams had more than a few false positives during camp, so they spent some money to get better testing. These most likely aren't false positives though, if you read about the whole story.

Other options are:

- Texans and Steelers swap opponents this week with who they would have played on the Titans and Vikings bye weeks so that those games can be rescheduled for their bye weeks

- Titans forfeit, and Vikings forfeit if they have any positive tests

But, neither of those are fair to any of the parties involved, even if Titans players were dancing naked in a Nashville bar encouraging people to cough on them

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, most teams had more than a few false positives during camp, so they spent some money to get better testing. These most likely aren't false positives though, if you read about the whole story.
    I know. They new testing is why they don't get false positives anymore.

@RealTannenbaum
    Here's a solution; Ten and Pit go immediately into a bye week and then move Pit/Blt to week 8 (both teams have a bye in week 8 right now) and move Ten/Blt to week 7 (Ten has a bye in week 7 right now).

@RealTannenbaum
    Here's a solution; Ten and Pit go immediately into a bye week and then move Pit/Blt to week 8 (both teams have a bye in week 8 right now) and move Ten/Blt to week 7 (Ten has a bye in week 7 right now).
    I've never seen anybody abbreviate Baltimore as Blt. That's honestly the stupidest thing I've seen today

Steelers not going to TN now. Titans org up to 11 members with COVID (5 players).

Plan is to play later in the season. I'm assuming they will just cancel if it ends up being meaningless for both teams. They both seem like playoff teams, so maybe that would mean if they have already clinched their respective seeds.

On a related note, there is an allotted schedule provision that would move the Super Bowl back a week if they had to for COVID reasons

Deity
    @RealTannenbaum
    This only works if you assume the Titans miss just the one game. Their quarantine could easily extend through week 5...