Register now to remove this ad

Page 499 of 527 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    JJ Watt asked for his release and was given it.
    Talk about horrific team management. You should hear the Texan fans, down here.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

New England is really now the most logical fit for Watson. If Watt is leaving, you know Watson is leaving, no matter what their idiotic FO says

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Talk about horrific team management. You should hear the Texan fans, down here.
    I have a brother in Houston. My deepest condolences. He has been a New Yorker for most of his life, and is still partially a Yankees fan, so is not too upset about the Astros falling apart, but the Texans implosion should hurt him

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I have a brother in Houston. My deepest condolences. He has been a New Yorker for most of his life, and is still partially a Yankees fan, so is not too upset about the Astros falling apart, but the Texans implosion should hurt him
    I'm a Packer fan, but it was fun watching Watson and JJ.

This city just lost Harden, Springer, JJ and soon, Watson!

Why Rodgers is even better than his numbers indicate...

Packer WRs

Deity
    RIP Vincent Jackson, former SD and TB WR, age 38...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    RIP Vincent Jackson, former SD and TB WR, age 38...
    Yeah I was surprised to see that. Used to ball out with him in Madden, and he was always a reliable fantasy player.

Was there foul play involved? I know there's going to be an investigation

I always thought the Eagles should have kept Foles instead of Wentz. Now they're both gone. Fly Eagles Fly? More like Fall Eagles Fall

Deity
    I always thought the Eagles should have kept Foles instead of Wentz. Now they're both gone. Fly Eagles Fly? More like Fall Eagles Fall
    Unless they go all in and get DeShaun Watson...

Unless they go all in and get DeShaun Watson...
    The Jets have far and away the most to offer. The Patriots are a QB away from being a title contender again. We can cross off the Colts now. The Saints and Bears shouldn't be disregarded either. The Eagles could pull it off but I don't think Watson would fit well there.

I think everything will be determined by what the Jets do at #2. They could either trade that pick to Houston for Watson, or keep it for themselves. If they keep it for themselves, who do they pick? Zach Wilson is the projected pick, but the Jets also have a late 1st round pick, courtesy of Seattle from the Jamal Adams trade. If they are interested in somebody like Justin Fields, they may not take a QB at #2, and may try to finagle a deal with that other 1st round pick. If Watson isn't dealt before draft night, the top 10 or so picks in the draft will determine his fate IMO. The Jets have so many options, I'm not sure they even know what they're doing yet, especially in a year without the Combine.

Deity
    The Jets have far and away the most to offer. The Patriots are a QB away from being a title contender again. We can cross off the Colts now. The Saints and Bears shouldn't be disregarded either. The Eagles could pull it off but I don't think Watson would fit well there.

I think everything will be determined by what the Jets do at #2. They could either trade that pick to Houston for Watson, or keep it for themselves. If they keep it for themselves, who do they pick? Zach Wilson is the projected pick, but the Jets also have a late 1st round pick, courtesy of Seattle from the Jamal Adams trade. If they are interested in somebody like Justin Fields, they may not take a QB at #2, and may try to finagle a deal with that other 1st round pick. If Watson isn't dealt before draft night, the top 10 or so picks in the draft will determine his fate IMO. The Jets have so many options, I'm not sure they even know what they're doing yet, especially in a year without the Combine.
    The Patriots are probably more than a QB away from being a title contender. The WR corps is a complete mess. Right now, their number on guy is either an aging and beat up Julian Edleman or an undrafted Jacobi Meyers. Meyers has been a ple,asant surprise, but not to the point where you want him to be the guy drawing the opposing best cornerback.

I doubt the Patriots can get Watson. And it certainly would not be his first choice either, so the only thing they have going for them is he does not have any say in where he goes. But the Jets WR corps, while better than the Patriots, is not exactly ideal either. If I'm Watson, I want the Bears. If they can hold on to Robinson, they actually have a pretty good receiving corps with him, Miller and Mooney. But will the Bears give up what it takes? (Probably not.)

One guy who seems to never get a real chance is Josh Rosen. He's always looked pretty good whenever someone lets him take the field. He's always available for a phone call. (Three teams in three years?!? What other top ten draft pick has gone through that?!!?) Yet for some reason, he is always pushed to the back of the queue. Is there something wrong with this guy I am not seeing? He has only thrown 275 passes in 3 years!! That's like playing three games a year and then getting benched!!

If I'm Belicheck, I put my ego front and center and proudly tell the world I am the guy who can get the most out of Josh Rosen. And then I use my draft capital or free agent budget to add a topflight receiver or two...

The Patriots are probably more than a QB away from being a title contender. The WR corps is a complete mess. Right now, their number on guy is either an aging and beat up Julian Edleman or an undrafted Jacobi Meyers. Meyers has been a ple,asant surprise, but not to the point where you want him to be the guy drawing the opposing best cornerback.

I doubt the Patriots can get Watson. And it certainly would not be his first choice either, so the only thing they have going for them is he does not have any say in where he goes. But the Jets WR corps, while better than the Patriots, is not exactly ideal either. If I'm Watson, I want the Bears. If they can hold on to Robinson, they actually have a pretty good receiving corps with him, Miller and Mooney. But will the Bears give up what it takes? (Probably not.)

One guy who seems to never get a real chance is Josh Rosen. He's always looked pretty good whenever someone lets him take the field. He's always available for a phone call. (Three teams in three years?!? What other top ten draft pick has gone through that?!!?) Yet for some reason, he is always pushed to the back of the queue. Is there something wrong with this guy I am not seeing? He has only thrown 275 passes in 3 years!! That's like playing three games a year and then getting benched!!

If I'm Belicheck, I put my ego front and center and proudly tell the world I am the guy who can get the most out of Josh Rosen. And then I use my draft capital or free agent budget to add a topflight receiver or two...
    Some ESPN experts are predicting that Marcus Mariota will start for the Pats in September

Some ESPN experts are predicting that Marcus Mariota will start for the Pats in September
    Watching him at Oregon, he is a great kid, had lightening quicks, exceptional athletic talent, & by all accounts is a smart kid. It would seem to be a great fit?

BUT.... There is something holding him back? He doesn't seem to command the type of respect needed in the NFL? I really don't understand the problem? I know his accuracy is an issue, and he's developed happy feet, as he's never had the protection needed.

Yes. There have been injuries that have plagued him....

I don't see it happening. Excellent potential, but I think he is just just another Oregon QB, who fit well in that run & gun, keep you off balance, run if you have a lane, keep those LB honest looking for you to run, VERY FAST WR, offense, they HAD in his prime.

He is not a great pocket read look off read passer.

I would be shocked if Belichick is a buy on Marita.
    Not even sure if MM gets another shot as THE MAN anywhere. Something is not working for him in the NFL?
    Last edited by Sox75; 02-20-2021 at 03:20 AM.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    I’m ok with Rosen and Mariota battling for the job...

Am I reading this right? The Pats re-signed Cam Newton for $14 MILLION?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.