Register now to remove this ad

Page 503 of 505 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505 LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 7572

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    In other news. I am absolutely shocked that Juju Smith-Schuster took a paycut and a chance to play with Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson to come back to the Steelers. Players talk about loyalty all the time, but it’s rare someone actually does it. I love JuJu and I’m glad he’s back, but definitely didn’t expect it, and wouldn’t have blamed him for taking more money for a contender like the chiefs.
    I love that the NFL IG account announced he was coming back by making a graphic of him riding a Corvette into Pittsburgh. Haters gonna hate
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I’ll never get the JuJu hate. I get most of it is from an older generation of people who don’t really understand TikTok and all the social media, but it’s still mind boggling. JuJu is a guy who doesn’t drink, doesn’t do drugs, doesn’t have any off the field accusations or issues whatsoever. He makes internet videos, interacts with fans and kids, and plays video games professionally. None of what he does off the field has any kind of impact on the team. He’s great in the locker room and does an absurd amount or charity work. He was even willing to take a paycut to stay with a team that probably isn’t competing next year, to play with a QB near retirement, on a team where he isn’t even guaranteed to be #1 option in passing game.

I get why he was made into a meme by other teams fans and yeah it was funny with how bad the Steelers shit the bed, but none of his dances have any impacts on games. He was doing the dances all season and it only became an issue late in season when Steelers started losing games.

I’ll take a guy like JuJu on my team any day. He plays his ass off and is an extremely physical player.

I’ll never get the JuJu hate. I get most of it is from an older generation of people who don’t really understand TikTok and all the social media, but it’s still mind boggling. JuJu is a guy who doesn’t drink, doesn’t do drugs, doesn’t have any off the field accusations or issues whatsoever. He makes internet videos, interacts with fans and kids, and plays video games professionally. None of what he does off the field has any kind of impact on the team. He’s great in the locker room and does an absurd amount or charity work. He was even willing to take a paycut to stay with a team that probably isn’t competing next year, to play with a QB near retirement, on a team where he isn’t even guaranteed to be #1 option in passing game.

I get why he was made into a meme by other teams fans and yeah it was funny with how bad the Steelers shit the bed, but none of his dances have any impacts on games. He was doing the dances all season and it only became an issue late in season when Steelers started losing games.

I’ll take a guy like JuJu on my team any day. He plays his ass off and is an extremely physical player.
    100% agree. He makes watching the game fun. I really enjoy following players on social media because you get to know them on a personal level. JuJu is very much a standup guy

Deity

Well, he did have that issue with his socks.

(I’m kidding of course. A sock violation was the only “trouble” I could find with JJSS.)

So many negative stories about off-field actions of NFL players, it was nice to see a positive one in the NY Post.

Patriots lineman Justin Herron helped stop sexual assault in Arizona park: cops

A New England Patriots offensive lineman helped thwart a sexual assault at a park in Arizona, detaining the sicko until cops arrived, police said.

Justin Herron — a 6-foot-5, 305-pound lineman in Arizona for offseason training — was praised by Tempe police Wednesday for intervening when he and another man saw a suspect pushing a 71-year-old woman to the ground and trying to remove her pants at Kiwanis Park, department officials said.

“If not for the swift actions of Mr. Justin Herron and Mr. Murry Rogers, this vicious attack could’ve been much worse,” Tempe police Detective Natalie Barela told reporters at a press conference.

Neither Herron nor Rogers, of Phoenix, knew the victim, but both sprang into action upon seeing the attack by a suspect identified as 30-year-old Kevin Caballero, KPNX reported.

“At that moment, I was in shock,” Herron, 25, recalled. “It was 11 a.m., middle of the day, in a very open field and the fact that it happened there at that time was just very shocking. I wish I could tell you what I was thinking, but I could just tell someone needed help.”

Herron, who played 12 games for the Pats last year as a rookie, acknowledged he’s “kind of big,” but tries not to be “too aggressive” with others.

But he knew this wasn’t the time to be timid, he said.

“I do have a loud voice,” Herron said. “I yelled, told him to get off her and then yanked him off and I told him to sit down and I told him to wait until the cops come.”

Herron and Rogers met the woman for a second time earlier this week. She has dubbed the pair “her angels,” Rogers said.

“Over the past several days, I have thought about her and pictured her face, so it was really nice moment, and I’m really glad I got to meet her,” Rogers said.

Tempe police gave the heroic tandem Outstanding Service Awards for their actions at Wednesday’s event. The victim, who had minor injuries from the attack, is recovering, KPNX reported.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So many negative stories about off-field actions of NFL players, it was nice to see a positive one in the NY Post.

Patriots lineman Justin Herron helped stop sexual assault in Arizona park: cops

A New England Patriots offensive lineman helped thwart a sexual assault at a park in Arizona, detaining the sicko until cops arrived, police said.

Justin Herron — a 6-foot-5, 305-pound lineman in Arizona for offseason training — was praised by Tempe police Wednesday for intervening when he and another man saw a suspect pushing a 71-year-old woman to the ground and trying to remove her pants at Kiwanis Park, department officials said.

“If not for the swift actions of Mr. Justin Herron and Mr. Murry Rogers, this vicious attack could’ve been much worse,” Tempe police Detective Natalie Barela told reporters at a press conference.

Neither Herron nor Rogers, of Phoenix, knew the victim, but both sprang into action upon seeing the attack by a suspect identified as 30-year-old Kevin Caballero, KPNX reported.

“At that moment, I was in shock,” Herron, 25, recalled. “It was 11 a.m., middle of the day, in a very open field and the fact that it happened there at that time was just very shocking. I wish I could tell you what I was thinking, but I could just tell someone needed help.”

Herron, who played 12 games for the Pats last year as a rookie, acknowledged he’s “kind of big,” but tries not to be “too aggressive” with others.

But he knew this wasn’t the time to be timid, he said.

“I do have a loud voice,” Herron said. “I yelled, told him to get off her and then yanked him off and I told him to sit down and I told him to wait until the cops come.”

Herron and Rogers met the woman for a second time earlier this week. She has dubbed the pair “her angels,” Rogers said.

“Over the past several days, I have thought about her and pictured her face, so it was really nice moment, and I’m really glad I got to meet her,” Rogers said.

Tempe police gave the heroic tandem Outstanding Service Awards for their actions at Wednesday’s event. The victim, who had minor injuries from the attack, is recovering, KPNX reported.
    What sicko tries to rape a granny?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No shortage of sickos out there.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Many times rape is not about lust for the beautiful and sexy but rather a show of power and control.

All rapists are sickos, and when certain people say, "Do you see how she looks?" as evidence they could not be guilty of sexual assault or harassment against that woman, , that statement does not help his case.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Many times rape is not about lust for the beautiful and sexy but rather a show of power and control.

All rapists are sickos, and when certain people say, "Do you see how she looks?" as evidence they could not be guilty of sexual assault or harassment against that woman, , that statement does not help his case.
    It’s the ultimate in adding insult to injury, defending a rapist by citing the victim was “too ugly.” Seriously...

That, and when they victim blame and say something along the lines of “why was she out in a pandemic, late at night dressed like?” It’s disgusting behavior. No matter what anyone looks like or is doing, they don’t deserve to be sexually assaulted.

Deity
    That, and when they victim blame and say something along the lines of “why was she out in a pandemic, late at night dressed like?” It’s disgusting behavior. No matter what anyone looks like or is doing, they don’t deserve to be sexually assaulted.
    While I agree, let's get back to the positive here, which was the whole point. Yeah, Justin Herron!

When the NFL officially ratifies the addition of a 17th regular season game, Pats fans get treated to an extra game against the Cowboys. That game would also be played in Foxboro. So that means that both the Cowboys and the Bucs are coming to Foxboro this fall. I will be living approximately 25 minutes away. I don't care how many fans they let in, I will find a way to be one of them for both of those games

When the NFL officially ratifies the addition of a 17th regular season game, Pats fans get treated to an extra game against the Cowboys. That game would also be played in Foxboro. So that means that both the Cowboys and the Bucs are coming to Foxboro this fall. I will be living approximately 25 minutes away. I don't care how many fans they let in, I will find a way to be one of them for both of those games
    I lived one town over and the closest I got was going to the Christmas Tree Shops/BBB during a Revs game and doing some light Xmas shopping during the HS Superbowl.

One time, we accidentally got stuck in Country Fest traffic, so we just turned around and decided to drive to the city for the day.
    Building? Back up!

I lived one town over and the closest I got was going to the Christmas Tree Shops/BBB during a Revs game and doing some light Xmas shopping during the HS Superbowl.

One time, we accidentally got stuck in Country Fest traffic, so we just turned around and decided to drive to the city for the day.
    Reminds me of a fun story. Agricultural fairs are still pretty popular up here in CT - despite us not really being known for that, like many states in the Midwest are - and my small town somehow has one of the top 2 or 3 in the state. In 2013, they booked Florida Georgia Line to perform on the final Sunday of the fair. At the time, FGL was a no name band. Then weeks after being booked, their song "Cruise" became a #1 hit. Honoring their commitment, they played here for a very low price. All it cost to see them perform was $20 admission into the fair. So, that afternoon, there was miles of traffic, full of dirty trucks and Jeeps with Confederate flags. I live about 3 miles from the fairgrounds, right off the main road into town that the fairgrounds entrance is on. Traffic was backed up to my house, and then some. All of the locals knew to stay the hell away. Every year since, our little town's fair has become one of the biggest redneck gatherings in the state. I can say that because I am part redneck myself.

The point is: Country music and low quality beer for a discounted price will drive the countryfolk out in droves

Deity
    Reminds me of a fun story. Agricultural fairs are still pretty popular up here in CT - despite us not really being known for that, like many states in the Midwest are - and my small town somehow has one of the top 2 or 3 in the state. In 2013, they booked Florida Georgia Line to perform on the final Sunday of the fair. At the time, FGL was a no name band. Then weeks after being booked, their song "Cruise" became a #1 hit. Honoring their commitment, they played here for a very low price. All it cost to see them perform was $20 admission into the fair. So, that afternoon, there was miles of traffic, full of dirty trucks and Jeeps with Confederate flags. I live about 3 miles from the fairgrounds, right off the main road into town that the fairgrounds entrance is on. Traffic was backed up to my house, and then some. All of the locals knew to stay the hell away. Every year since, our little town's fair has become one of the biggest redneck gatherings in the state. I can say that because I am part redneck myself.

The point is: Country music and low quality beer for a discounted price will drive the countryfolk out in droves
    I used to go to the state fair in Wisconsin every year, as it is closer than the Illinois one. (It's held in West Allis, just outside of Milwaukee. You can park at Miller Park and take a bus to the fairgrounds.) Now, Wisconsin is basically rednecks plus Madison. So the combination of country music, cheap beer, and fair treats such as chocolate covered bacon makes for a redneck gathering worthy of a David Attenborough nature documentary...