Register now to remove this ad

Page 505 of 527 FirstFirst ... 5405455495503504505506507515 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Spoken like a true Pats hater
    Bahaha I'm not a fan of that Pats but don't especially hate them. I reserve my hatred for the Vikings, Bears, and 49ers.

I think I'm pretty unbiased except when talking about my own teams.
    I was kidding. I've hated the Pats for most of my childhood. I began as a Pats fan, then switched to the Jets when I was about 10 or 12, which coincided with Brett Favre and then Mark Sanchez and those few years they were good. Now, I'm firmly a fan of both. My point is: I get it. People want to see the Pats, and the players they draft, fail
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Draft ? It seems to me that football players , coming out of college, should have the right to sign with any team they want .
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Draft ? It seems to me that football players , coming out of college, should have the right to sign with any team they want .
    I'm pretty sure every 21 year old new millionaire would just want to sign with Miami.

Greg Bedard is doing his damnedest to get Boston Media worked up over his accusations that Balmore (Pats' 2nd round pick) has some sort of character flaw that caused him to fall in the draft. He's being "delicate" by not saying what it actually is because it would hurt Balmore's repuation before he got a chance, but continues to say that Balmore was taken off a team's draft board entirely because of "concerns." He kept using Aaron Hernandez as an example of someone in a similar position, but keeps saying that he's not actually comparing Balmore to Hernandez. I think he's just getting off on other's believing that he has some sort of inside knowledge.

Boston Sports Media should be launched into the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Greg Bedard is doing his damnedest to get Boston Media worked up over his accusations that Balmore (Pats' 2nd round pick) has some sort of character flaw that caused him to fall in the draft. He's being "delicate" by not saying what it actually is because it would hurt Balmore's repuation before he got a chance, but continues to say that Balmore was taken off a team's draft board entirely because of "concerns." He kept using Aaron Hernandez as an example of someone in a similar position, but keeps saying that he's not actually comparing Balmore to Hernandez. I think he's just getting off on other's believing that he has some sort of inside knowledge.

Glad I don't listen to it now, and hope I don't start when I move there

Deity
    I feel like Alabama QBs are overrated just because the rest of their team is filled with future NFL players. How would Mac have performed without two WRs who were drafted in the top 10 this year? Without the top RB of the draft and the top OL? There aren't huge talent gaps in the NFL like there are in NCAA.
    Yeah that weak ass school has only produced three Super Bowl winning QBs...

Deity

Using Aaron Hernandez is just name-dropping. None of his college issues pinpointed him as “suspected triple murderer”....

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yeah that weak ass school has only produced three Super Bowl winning QBs...
    Yah but not one since the Industrial Revolution

Deity
    Yah but not one since the Industrial Revolution

Hey a lot of schools have none. Miami used to be called “Quaterback U” but has never produced a QB who won a Super Bowl, Jim Kelly’s insane efforts to do so notwithstanding...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post

And they can. They just have to either not get drafted or not sign and wait a year...

2021 schedule comes out today. In other words, I get to overpay to see Brady's return to Foxboro

October 3. 8:20 PM. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I was kidding. I've hated the Pats for most of my childhood. I began as a Pats fan, then switched to the Jets when I was about 10 or 12, which coincided with Brett Favre and then Mark Sanchez and those few years they were good. Now, I'm firmly a fan of both. My point is: I get it. People want to see the Pats, and the players they draft, fail
    I honestly don't..... I have always said Patriots fans seem to hate the Indianapolis Colts more than Indianapolis Colts fans hate the Patriots...... Not sure why since the Patriots have absolutely dominated the Colts for the better part of a decade now..... There was a small stretch from 2005-2009 where the Colts won 5 of the 6 meetings against the Patriots, but since then I believe the Patriots have gone 8-0 against the Colts.

Do I hate them?? No, not even a little bit, I respect what a great dynasty and franchise they have built over there, and it makes me jealous.... but that doesn't mean I hate them. Patriots fans on the other hand, anytime you even remotely compare Peyton to Tom Brady they get so butt hurt and bent out of shape.... Very few can have a calm discussion, it's always "BRADY IS BETTER, IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE, PEYTON IS A JACK ASS, BLA BLA BLA" For that reason, I do find Patriots FANS a bit annoying, but the team itself I have zero problems with.

Maybe now that Brady is gone, Indy can finally beat them... They place each other this year I think in week 13 or 14 something like that.... So we shall see what happens then as Indy has a pretty solid team this year (depending how Wentz pans out) But regardless I don't have any hate for the Patriots at all, I do respect them however. Their fans can be a tad obnoxious, but nothing even close to Chiefs fans...... Has anyone went to the Kansas City Chiefs forum, I swear it's a bunch of 12 year olds the way they talk. "I hope bla bla burns in hell, f them, f this, f everything, screw them, they suck" MY god, that has to be one of the worst boards I have ever seen.

@AdamSchefter
    Free-agent CB Richard Sherman was booked at 6:08 this am at the Seattle Correctional Facility for “Burglary Domestic Violence”, per King County public records. Sherman also was denied bail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4SIIXETy_o
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

44 year old Tom Brady with another comeback win to start a new NFL season.

Aside from his talent, Brady has to be the most motivated pro athlete I've ever seen. And I'm sure it rubs off his teammates.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.