Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 527 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL thread

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Re: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577439;
    Drew Brees for Phil Rivers, huh?
    Yessir. I thought they were facing the Vikings though? What game you watching?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;576524;
    I'd agree with you if it weren't for everyone saying the exact same thing last year. People forget that last years team was one of the best defensively, and are only questioning the offense. We're one good receiver away from being nearly the same offense as last year. I think 10 wins is a massive disappointment.

I think the standings are about the same as last year given we do something about our receiver situation, which I think we will.
    Losing Rice for eight games and hurting as much as the Vikings are in the secondary is going to be really tough to overcome. What WR will be had on the waiver wire that can help the Vikings in the way Sidney Rice can?

The Packers are in the best shape going into the season, not sure there's any way to dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;577440;
    Yessir. I thought they were facing the Vikings though? What game you watching?
    Brees was on the Chargers and was let go away so Rivers could start.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;577458;
    Brees was on the Chargers and was let go away so Rivers could start.
    I know this already you don't have to tell me. I was stating that because he's bringing up the fantasy trade when I wasn't even talking about him. Of course people like to "keep going" in this forum. They don't like to leave things alone.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;577462;
    I know this already you don't have to tell me. I was stating that because he's bringing up the fantasy trade when I wasn't even talking about him. Of course people like to "keep going" in this forum. They don't like to leave things alone.

Remember that I was one of the guys telling other people to leave you alone, and NOT to attack you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577463;
    Remember that I was one of the guys telling other people to leave you alone, and NOT to attack you personally.
    I'm sorry that the post offended you. It wasn't you in particular. It's not only me they do it it's many other posters on this site(not stating names).

It didn't offend me at all. I guess I have to use smiley faces more often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;577446;
    Losing Rice for eight games and hurting as much as the Vikings are in the secondary is going to be really tough to overcome. What WR will be had on the waiver wire that can help the Vikings in the way Sidney Rice can?

The Packers are in the best shape going into the season, not sure there's any way to dispute that.
    Berrian can step into his role for 8 games imo. Berrian was in a reduced role last season because he wasn't 100%, but I agree it hurts to not have three deadly receivers opposed to two.

I think the Vikings can play a very solid ball control game for the time being. Even though the Vikes lost tonight, they kept the Saints from scoring, in part because they used a lot of clock in the first quarter. Also, Favre looked excellent before they somehow found it necessary to stop establishing the run.

I think the Vikings are in much better shape than led to believe, and the Packers are practically the same team as last year, so I don't really see how they're suddenly considered elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Deity

It's actually really simple... The offensive line is healthy to start the season (wasn't last year), the defense has more experience in the 3-4, and Rodgers has another year under his belt.

For a team that was so young last season, they really didn't need to add any parts to get better, experience did that for them.

As for Berrian replacing Rice's production, I don't see it. Berrian has always been a home run threat while Rice really blossomed as an every down receiver last season.

Legend

YOU JUST LOST TO THE FUCKING WORST TEAM IN THE WHOLE FUCKING NFL!
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by suns;577827;
    How did the Browns lose to themselves.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Legend

SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    RIP Bob Feller

The Bears are awful. They don't have anyone who can punch it in near the goal line. They dominated on defense for most of the game and then completely changed their scheme in the last minute, and the Lions marched down the field. But for Calvin Johnson being incredibly stupid and the Bears getting the benefit of a controversial call, they lose this game.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by suns;577827;
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;577829;
    How did the Browns lose to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by suns;577830;
    SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    LMFAO!

I didn't expect the Colts to lose.