Register now to remove this ad

Page 381 of 527 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Am I correct in assuming that none of you guys who are pulling for Peyton are Pats' fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that none of you guys who are pulling for Peyton are Pats' fans?
    Pats are my second favorite team.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    It is Peyton's last hurrah. It would be nice to see him go out on top. He is the greatest QB of his generation and maybe of all time with Brady close behind. Cam will get other chances.
    I sense another debate thread coming on....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Let's go Panthers!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    PuppyMonkeyBaby is quite possibly the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. The dead are to be envied, for they were spared that commercial. I may never sleep again.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Let's go Panthers!
    Bye bye Panthers!
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

So is this the first Superbowl with no passing TDs or what?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So is this the first Superbowl with no passing TDs or what?
    No. The Jets are 1-0 in Super Bowls that featured no passing TDs. Joe Willie being carried off the field? Turns out neither he nor Unitas threw for a score.

It also happened in Super Bowls VIII and XXVIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    the game is not a pretty game for all of those who love the great offensive players sorry. It has been and always will be a game that is won on the LOS. If your defense is the best that there is, you certainly can win with an offense that is average. Defense first - offense second = champions.

Obviously happy Denver won but there will be an asterisk on this ring for Peyton, He was a non-factor and he wasn't exactly the reason they made it here this year. It's unfortunate that he couldn't have silenced the critics with a strong performance.

And Cam needs to grow up. I understand being upset you lost, and that post game press conferences are bullshit, but it's your job and you are a leader for the team. Time to man up and act mature.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    the game is not a pretty game for all of those who love the great offensive players sorry. It has been and always will be a game that is won on the LOS. If your defense is the best that there is, you certainly can win with an offense that is average. Defense first - offense second = champions.
    I thought for sure the ratings would tank with such a defensive game, but it was third-best.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Peyton was downright horrible all season long. Broncos defense, especially Von Miller is absolutely ridiculous and carried this team all year.

Also, regarding Cam, I don't have an issue with it, he wasn't "being a sore loser" like people are saying, after the game he still stood on the field and congratulated Peyton and other Broncos players. During his interview, in the same area Chris Harris was being asked questions about "shutting down Cam Newton", so I don't blame Cam for leaving the press conference early, he was emotional and just lost the biggest game of his career, give him a break.

I don't understand the hatred for Cam Newton that a lot of the media and fans have, and never will.

Premier defenses always win in Super Bowls. The Broncos dismantled the great Brady. The only question for me was whether Cam's running dimension could offset the Bronco D. They did not work Cam's legs into their game plan enough, imo. I am happy for the great Peyton.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I thought for sure the ratings would tank with such a defensive game, but it was third-best.
    I agree with you about Newton. With respect Manning, I have always felt the quarterbacks get too much credit when teams win and too much blame when they lose. It is a brutal game that is most often won and lost at the LOS.

Watching a great defensive team is more enjoyable for me to watch. Maybe this game didn't make Pats fans feel any better but it should have. They could have beaten Denver and there was a reason why they looked so rough on the offensive side - The Denver defense. Carolina got punched early and often, they could not recover. After a while I think it was fairly obvious they weren't winning. I'm not sure that anybody's o-line could have stopped that Denver D last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    PuppyMonkeyBaby is quite possibly the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. The dead are to be envied, for they were spared that commercial. I may never sleep again.
    That was pretty horrifying. Who comes up with this stuff?