Register now to remove this ad

Page 481 of 527 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Patrick Mahomes is fun to watch. When it’s all said and done, we could be talking about him as the greatest of all time. He has everything you want in a QB
    The most fun part is all the talking heads in Chicago bemoaning taking Mitch Trubisky over him...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He's played 2 seasons. Granted, two extremely impressive seasons.

But he also has an excellent O-line and a receiving corps with two of the fastest human beings on planet Earth on it. And for all the "bust" talk that Sammy Watkins carries with him, the man has some of the best hands among all receivers in the NFL.

Let's see how Mahomes does with varying quality in the O-Line that comes over the years, and with various receivers before we label him the best all time at anything.

But I'm OK with calling him the best QB in the NFL right now...
    Not Lamar Jackson?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not Lamar Jackson?
    No, but he is a good candidate to challenge Mahomes.

If you were an NFL GM, which of these two would you prefer? There might be no wrong answer. Unless you say "Mitch Trubisky"...

I worry that Jackson rushes too much. He was better than Mahomes this year, but an injury could really derail Jackson's career. If Jackson outplays Mahomes again in 2020, I'd have to think about putting him in the top spot.

No, but he is a good candidate to challenge Mahomes.

If you were an NFL GM, which of these two would you prefer? There might be no wrong answer. Unless you say "Mitch Trubisky"...
    I would go with the guy who has proven he's clutch.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I would go with the guy who has proven he's clutch.
    So... Brady?

Deity
    I worry that Jackson rushes too much. He was better than Mahomes this year, but an injury could really derail Jackson's career. If Jackson outplays Mahomes again in 2020, I'd have to think about putting him in the top spot.
    That's true for any QB. Or any NFL player.

cut Jackson some slack. He does know how to rush as a QB. Too often those younger college sprinter QB's make too many second efforts and try to do too much rather than just going down. And THAT is when it leads to extra hits and shortened careers. Think RG III. Jackson appears to know when to go down or get out of bounds and doesn't think he has to get every inch on every rush...

So... Brady?
    I meant strictly between Mahomes and Jackson, of course.

It'd be Brady all the way if he was a pup of 38 again.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I think Jackson was the right choice for MVP, but if I could take any QB in the NFL, Mahomes is my pick. I think he’s the best player in the league

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I think Jackson was the right choice for MVP, but if I could take any QB in the NFL, Mahomes is my pick. I think he’s the best player in the league
    Lost in the Jackson/Mahomes debate is the wonderful season Russell Wilson had. Or what kind of QB could Josh Allen be if the Bills had any other offensive weapons to speak of...

Lost in the Jackson/Mahomes debate is the wonderful season Russell Wilson had. Or what kind of QB could Josh Allen be if the Bills had any other offensive weapons to speak of...
    Wilson is definitely underrated. He is the main reason they won 11 games and nearly the division. The defense wasn’t good this year (they aren’t horrible mind you) wilson is a magical QB. He also beat Mahomes and the chiefs last year. Wilson also knows how to play in the playoffs. Lamar two years in a row has choked and played awful. Until he plays a good playoff game I can’t consider him a top QB. Putting up pretty regular season stats is one thing, it’s an entirely different thing to do it come playoffs against the top teams. Mahomes did, and he is is a fantastic player no doubt. Remains to be seen if Lamar can do it too.

Cam Newton signed one year deal with Pats per Adam Schefter.

Deity
    Cam Newton signed one year deal with Pats per Adam Schefter.
    I never bought into the Jarrett Stidham hype...

I never bought into the Jarrett Stidham hype...
    I also think there's a chance that they are just bringing Cam in to compete for the job and not just hand it over to Stidham. Make Stidham earn it. Or just give Stidham another year of experience as backup. Newton has recent injury issues so you can assume that Stidham will get some playing time at some point.

I also think there's a chance that they are just bringing Cam in to compete for the job and not just hand it over to Stidham. Make Stidham earn it. Or just give Stidham another year of experience as backup. Newton has recent injury issues so you can assume that Stidham will get some playing time at some point.
    Either way, the Patriots have absolutely nothing to lose here. They're probably getting a compensatory draft pick for Brady, and could get another if Newton is only here for 1 year, and they are paying him virtually nothing.
    I can't disagree with you