Register now to remove this ad

Page 437 of 442 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 6617

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #6541
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I was literally thinking about this yesterday. His "saving myself now for the longterm future" is a joke. Teams see a troublemaker who puts himself first and they won't be giving him Gurley money. He's got it ass backwards. He should be playing NOW, because he's already 26 and performance will only drop from here on out. Get as much as you can as quickly as you can, because you're not gonna be around that long. He's already pissed away millions of dollars sitting on his ass, and the Steelers see Conner and say "nah, we good."

    And as Conner proves, always someone else standing in line behind you, waiting for their shot.
    Yup, it just doesn't makes sense. I get where he's coming from somewhat, and would understand if he was low balled, but he was offered $14 million a year over 5 years, which is a huge financial commitment for a RB, something that most teams aren't willing to do. He thinks he's worth more than Gurley but logically it doesn't make sense, they put up similar numbers and Gurley is three years younger. The Rams are also still paying a lot of their stars low money due to their ages (IE Goff is on a rookie deal) and had more money to spend to make sure they kept Gurley, Cooks, and all the guys they've been re-signing. I don't see how holding out, and losing $15 million and not signing his franchise tag helps him. Sure he gets "less wear and tear" but he lost a full year of receiving $15 million. Seems dumb to me, but whatever. Le'veon was great in a Steelers uniform and if he doesn't come back, I wish him the best. I'm enjoying James Conner and honestly don't care either way if he returns or not. If he does, cool, another weapon, if not, whatever, Conner is a very viable option.

  2. #6542
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Pats are on track to be there at the end.

    Every year people get hard-ons for teams with an unexpected hot QB or an undefeated record.

    Every year the Pats hit their stride about mid season.

    About the only thing that can stop the Pats is a proliferation of significant injuries.

    My only concern is if the Pats can overtake KC and achieve home field advantage and a bye for the playoffs.
    Every single September/October people overreact and overrated certain teams. A few weeks ago, everyone was panicking about the Patriots and Steelers and labeling the Ravens and Jags as two of the "teams to beat" in the AFC, and were wondering if Dolphins and Bengals (lol) were legit contenders. In reality, Steelers and Pats likely win their divisions again, while those three teams have fallen off. I do think KC and San Diego are real though, both have had some tough schedules and have had some really impressive games.

  3. #6543
    KC's pass defense is amongst the worst in the league. If that doesn't change, it's hard to see them coming out of the AFC. Sure, Mahomes is balling, but can you guarantee he's going to be able to keep outpacing what the D gives up? In the playoffs?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #6544
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    KC's pass defense is amongst the worst in the league. If that doesn't change, it's hard to see them coming out of the AFC. Sure, Mahomes is balling, but can you guarantee he's going to be able to keep outpacing what the D gives up? In the playoffs?
    I think getting back their best defensive player and team leader Eric Berry will help.

  5. #6545
    What's more hilarious: Bills fans starting a GoFundMe to pay The Peterman to retire, or that it's only raised $142 so far?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #6546
    No! Dez out for the season 2 days after signing with the Saints?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #6547
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    No! Dez out for the season 2 days after signing with the Saints?
    That sucks for him. I'm a big Dez fan, he was waiting for the right opportunity, had seemed to really have humbled himself, and now his career is possibly over, a torn Achilles is potentially career ender.

  8. #6548
    Any concern about the Pats loss to the lowly Titans today?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #6549
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Any concern about the Pats loss to the lowly Titans today?
    I'm not a Pats fan and didn't watch the game, but I doubt they're be worried. AFC East sucks and worst case scenario they'll be a 3 seed, I think they're fine.

  10. #6550
    That's the way, Bell, sit on your ass and flush $14 million down the drain. For all you know, you might have already made your last dollar in football. Tomorrow, next year, next season, next contract aren't promised to you.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #6551
    That Rams/Chiefs game was absolutely ridiculous

  12. #6552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    That Rams/Chiefs game was absolutely ridiculous
    It was a defensive struggle.

    As in both teams exhibited no defense.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  13. #6553
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It was a defensive struggle.

    As in both teams exhibited no defense.
    There was three defensive touchdowns and like 8 combined turnovers. Both teams were missing key players on defense and both teams played high tempo.

  14. #6554
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    That Rams/Chiefs game was absolutely ridiculous
    More TDs in one game than the Bills have scored all season.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #6555
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    There was three defensive touchdowns and like 8 combined turnovers. Both teams were missing key players on defense and both teams played high tempo.
    Rams have the potential to have a good D. Chiefs don't. They are missing some key players but the Chiefs haven't had a good defence all year. I think they are getting a bit too comfortable with expecting the Chiefs ridiculously good offense to win games. As impressive as the Chiefs and Rams look, I still wouldn't be surprised if the Pats take out the Chiefs and the Saints take out the Rams come playoffs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •