Register now to remove this ad

Page 482 of 482 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482
Results 7,216 to 7,226 of 7226

Thread: Official NFL thread

  1. #7216
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Either way, the Patriots have absolutely nothing to lose here. They're probably getting a compensatory draft pick for Brady, and could get another if Newton is only here for 1 year, and they are paying him virtually nothing.
    The only thing they lose out on is more snaps for Stidham if they see him as the future. If they didn't, I'd assume they would have grabbed someone in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  2. #7217
    All-Star bkzwhitestrican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,091
    Can't wait to see how many weeks it takes before BB Benches Newton.

  3. #7218
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Can't wait to see how many weeks it takes before BB Benches Newton.
    I'd think there's a greater chance he gets hurt first
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  4. #7219
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'd think there's a greater chance he gets hurt first
    It's either an injury, or Stidham wins the job outright. He won't be benched IMO.

    Any chance they try to go with a 2 QB system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  5. #7220
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,872
    @KaplanSportsBiz
    NFL wants fans in stadiums come September, but they might have to sign a Covid-19 waiver.


    WWE did the very same thing recently. Then they had to disclose that there were a few employees who had COVID. Whoops!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  6. #7221
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @KaplanSportsBiz
    NFL wants fans in stadiums come September, but they might have to sign a Covid-19 waiver.


    WWE did the very same thing recently. Then they had to disclose that there were a few employees who had COVID. Whoops!
    Where do I sign? It's important to me to be able to watch the Jets go 4-12 in person
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  7. #7222
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Where do I sign? It's important to me to be able to watch the Jets go 4-12 in person
    Fireman Ed seems like an anti-mask kinda guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  8. #7223
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Fireman Ed seems like an anti-mask kinda guy.
    Don't fire helmets come with some sort of face shield built in?
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  9. #7224
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't fire helmets come with some sort of face shield built in?
    He probably wish he had one on back in 2012.

    During the butt fumble game, a rout of the Jets by the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving night 2012, Anzalone left the game before halftime, stating that he would no longer lead cheers at Jet games as Fireman Ed.[11] At the first game of the 2015 NFL season, Fireman Ed returned to lead cheers for the Jets.[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  10. #7225
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    17,602
    So it seems the Redskins are finally considering changing the team name, something they should have done decades ago.


    If the new name of the Washington DC NFL franchise was up to any of you, what would you call the team from now on?

    My suggestion: the Washington Scandals

  11. #7226
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So it seems the Redskins are finally considering changing the team name, something they should have done decades ago.


    If the new name of the Washington DC NFL franchise was up to any of you, what would you call the team from now on?

    My suggestion: the Washington Scandals
    I responded to an Instagram post asking the same question with the following answer:

    Washington Senators... No wait, that's still racist



    All jokes aside, I think Washington Warriors would be a natural replacement, and they might be able to get away with the same/similar logo
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •