Register now to remove this ad

Page 483 of 483 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483
Results 7,231 to 7,236 of 7236

Thread: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Damn dude. I'm not the one in charge of coming up with a new name. Don't get mad at me
    Not mad. Just expressing an opinion. Damn. Seems like that other thread is really getting to you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not mad. Just expressing an opinion. Damn. Seems like that other thread is really getting to you again.
    No it isn't. Sometime I think you fail to understand how aggressive your posts can come across, since we're online and can't pick up on tone. That post was worded in a way that sounded very aggressive. I do it all the time too.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

No it isn't. Sometime I think you fail to understand how aggressive your posts can come across, since we're online and can't pick up on tone. That post was worded in a way that sounded very aggressive. I do it all the time too.
    Ok. It's not my intention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

Deity
    That was not the point of the joke I made.... Oof
    I know. But some sportswriters have suggested seriously...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    How about no more logos based on a race of people who have a long history of being treated like shit by the US government? Calling them the Warriors is just kicking the can down the road.
    I’ve seen the name suggested in the press. The term “Warriors” is often applied to Native Americans, but it really is a more generic term. If their logo was, say, more reminiscent of a Roman centurion or a Spartan warrior, is it the same?

Myself I’d rather see a name more relevant to DC...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’ve seen the name suggested in the press. The term “Warriors” is often applied to Native Americans, but it really is a more generic term. If their logo was, say, more reminiscent of a Roman centurion or a Spartan warrior, is it the same?

Myself I’d rather see a name more relevant to DC...
    Also, according to dictionary.com, the word “warrior” can also mean any of numerous yoga poses. I see no reason that should be an offensive moniker. Their mascot could be a soccer mom sprawled out on a floor mat...