Register now to remove this ad

Page 321 of 527 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 7895

Thread: Official NFL thread

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this Superbowl. So many good storylines. Will Peyton cement his legecy or choke? Is this the passing of the torche from old qbs to young? How many Welker drops? Best D vs best O.

Last time Fox was in the SB he had a great gameplan and came close to beating the Pats with a qb that would be out of the league in a couple of years.

I think the Hawks will win, but it should be a fantastic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Can anyone who speaks to UN, a700, and Emmz outside of Talksox (Twitter, Facebook, et cetera) please let them know that though the two-day ban is technically in place until 9PM on Sunday, I will be lifting it before kickoff of the Super Bowl?

Anyways...I took the last ten dollars I had to my name today and bet on the Super Bowl with my uncle. If the Broncos win by more than ten, I get fifty bucks. So go Broncos.
    Last time I made a SB bet, it was second grade and Marcus Allen won me $2!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Wait, they had football when you were in second grade?!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Your opinion means everything to me. But yeah.
    Aww, does it really? Well, I thought you should know that you suck!
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

I know. I am a terrible person, I have resigned myself to that fact. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to add more orphan tears and kitten blood to the power cells in my partial-birth-abortion robot before I send it to the battered women's shelter.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Classic YOTN
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

I built it entirely out of 9/11 scrap metal.

Anyways, can someone tell me what the professional oddsmakers are giving on this game? Who is the favorite?

Wait, they had football when you were in second grade?!
    They did! The forward pass was still considered a trick play though!

Anyways, can someone tell me what the professional oddsmakers are giving on this game? Who is the favorite?
    Broncos by 2.5. Over/under 47.

Archie Manning to be shown on tv furing the game: 1 time.

"Omaha" said by Manning: 27.5 times.

Yeah, if I still drank I was thinking it would be a good drinking game. Take a shot every time Manning says it. By mid second quarter you'd be suffering from alcohol poisoning.

Well, Manning does like Bud Light. 27 chugs of that isn't death.

I think the Broncos win - destiny is smiling on Manning this year.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think the Broncos win - destiny is smiling on Manning this year.
    I'm pulling for the Broncos too. More and more people are starting to lean toward Seattle. Hope it's a good game!

I normally don't care about either of these teams, but I'm going for the Broncos for two reasons: One, the season Manning had was just disgusting, and I'd love to see him top it off with a Super Bowl ring, and two, I've listened to eight years of internet whining from Seahawks fans every time the Steelers are mentioned, whether or not it has to do with Super Bowl XL. All you have to do is mention being a Steelers fan on some message boards and you're immediately inundated with posts about how the officials stole the game from the Seahawks and blah blah fucking blah. I'd love for them to lose so they can have the satisfaction of knowing they lost a Super Bowl because they weren't as good as the other team. Maybe then they'll shut the hell up about XL.