Register now to remove this ad

Page 506 of 527 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    44 year old Tom Brady with another comeback win to start a new NFL season.

Aside from his talent, Brady has to be the most motivated pro athlete I've ever seen. And I'm sure it rubs off his teammates.
    What should be interesting is one has to think 37yo Aaron Rodgers will be an even more motivated athlete after his heavily publicized falling out with the Packers' front office...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I honestly don't..... I have always said Patriots fans seem to hate the Indianapolis Colts more than Indianapolis Colts fans hate the Patriots...... Not sure why since the Patriots have absolutely dominated the Colts for the better part of a decade now..... There was a small stretch from 2005-2009 where the Colts won 5 of the 6 meetings against the Patriots, but since then I believe the Patriots have gone 8-0 against the Colts.

Do I hate them?? No, not even a little bit, I respect what a great dynasty and franchise they have built over there, and it makes me jealous.... but that doesn't mean I hate them. Patriots fans on the other hand, anytime you even remotely compare Peyton to Tom Brady they get so butt hurt and bent out of shape.... Very few can have a calm discussion, it's always "BRADY IS BETTER, IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE, PEYTON IS A JACK ASS, BLA BLA BLA" For that reason, I do find Patriots FANS a bit annoying, but the team itself I have zero problems with.

Maybe now that Brady is gone, Indy can finally beat them... They place each other this year I think in week 13 or 14 something like that.... So we shall see what happens then as Indy has a pretty solid team this year (depending how Wentz pans out) But regardless I don't have any hate for the Patriots at all, I do respect them however. Their fans can be a tad obnoxious, but nothing even close to Chiefs fans...... Has anyone went to the Kansas City Chiefs forum, I swear it's a bunch of 12 year olds the way they talk. "I hope bla bla burns in hell, f them, f this, f everything, screw them, they suck" MY god, that has to be one of the worst boards I have ever seen.
    Indy should have a solid, competitive team. But they have a lot of fragile players at the skills positions, not only including Wentz, but also that entire WR corps outside of maybe Pittman...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    What should be interesting is one has to think 37yo Aaron Rodgers will be an even more motivated athlete after his heavily publicized falling out with the Packers' front office...
    Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Aaron Rodgers is no Tom Brady.
    And dozens of QBs are not Aaron Rodgers.

The Pack should have traded his ass.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Well, Mac Jones was the best Patriot on the field yesterday. They'll win games when his supporting cast stops committing penalties and fumbling
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Well, Mac Jones was the best Patriot on the field yesterday. They'll win games when his supporting cast stops committing penalties and fumbling
    The QB play was so bad last year that I didn't watch most of the games.

Mac Jones looks good. He threw a few beautiful balls that I hadn't seen a Pats QB do in a while. I don't think they are a SB team this year, but there's hope for the future. If they can get a WC spot it's a huge win.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

How do the Jets rank among most inept organizations in sports? Darnold out and Z. Wilson in looking like another grievous blunder.

How do the Jets rank among most inept organizations in sports? Darnold out and Z. Wilson in looking like another grievous blunder.
    Darnold is fine. With Wilson, we're just seeing why most rookie QB's sit on the bench for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Belichick is also known for making rookies look like shit. He'll get Lawrence at the very end of the season. We'll see how that goes
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    By that logic, how are the Patriots? Mac Jones ain’t exactly Tom Brady…

By that logic, how are the Patriots? Mac Jones ain’t exactly Tom Brady…
    Very true, but to be fair, the way we always are here, you'd also have to bring in age and payroll factors...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Belichick is also known for making rookies look like shit. He'll get Lawrence at the very end of the season. We'll see how that goes
    Lawrence was a big part of knocking off that insane 2018 Alabama team for the title.

Look at the insane roster Saban had.

QB: Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, Mac Jones
    RB: Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, Nagee Harris
    WR: Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle
    TE: Irv Smith Jr.

That’s more depth at the skill positions than many NFL teams have!!!

Lawrence was a big part of knocking off that insane 2018 Alabama team for the title.

Look at the insane roster Saban had.

QB: Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, Mac Jones
    RB: Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs, Nagee Harris
    WR: Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle
    TE: Irv Smith Jr.

That’s more depth at the skill positions than many NFL teams have!!!
    Thanks for reminding me why I hate US college football and especially Alabama and Saban.

Deity
    Thanks for reminding me why I hate US college football and especially Alabama and Saban.
    Is Canadian college football better? Watching the Western Mustangs battle it out with the Calgary Dinos?

Deity
    Very true, but to be fair, the way we always are here, you'd also have to bring in age and payroll factors...
    With Brady, is age really a factor? I mean, Atlanta Falcons starting TE Kyle Pitts was SIX WEEKS OLD when Brady made his NFL debut!!