Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 11

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Re: Madden 11

There ya go! That's mor reasonable. Good not amazing. MLB 10 the show. That is amazing.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

anybody down to do a online franchise ?
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

I have it and online play is pretty BS, you can run for 200+ yards a game and add on another 300+ receiving with guys like Reggie Bush, Felix Jones and Willie Parker, if a RB is fast he'll dominate on online play. Overall id say its decent, not great.

Quote Originally Posted by boston22407;573734;
    madden 11 is not good it is amazing

most people that say its not good is cuz you suck at it (not sayin thats you)
    I haven't played Madden in a long time. I picked up this years version and the presentation is HORRIBLE. The announcing is poor. The visuals are lacking. The game is fun to play, but the presentation really takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

It's sad because the game isn't really all that much better than NFL 2k3.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;573732;
    There hasn't been a good Madden since 2004.
    ...Which is actually the last one I got

I mainly stick to NCAA Football when it comes to football video games.

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;575227;
    ...Which is actually the last one I got

I mainly stick to NCAA Football when it comes to football video games.
    do you play online for ncca for 360?

Quote Originally Posted by boston22407;575229;
    do you play online for ncca for 360?
    PS3

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;575238;
    PS3
    :thumbsup:
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

The presentation of this game has really been driving me crazy lately. If a pass falls incomplete, why would two offensive linemen celebrate in a cut scene? If Farve throws a pick 6, why show a Bret Farve stat stating "2 TD's today?" Why does the QB have to highfive fans after every game?

The game play is great. Everything else blows...

I hate gus johnson, im a raiders fan (shut up) and when i was playing chargers in a franchise, he started like singing "san diegoo suppppaaa chargers" and when i scored a touchdown with raiders he yells "touchdown raiders, blow the whistle, TOOT TOOT".. what the fuck is this shit.. and i hate his nicknames too.. he nicknames every playuer

randy moss = the freak
    andre johnson = the natural
    hines ward = mighty mouse
    ray lewis = the land shark

get rid of gus johnson

All-Star

How dare you!? Gus Johnson is a god! My life would be so much more exciting if it was narrated by Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Youker20;578669;
    I hate gus johnson
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Booooooooooooooo

...Boo

Quote Originally Posted by CoachC.;578698;
    How dare you!? Gus Johnson is a god! My life would be so much more exciting if it was narrated by Gus.
    That's the spirit

Madden 2011 is very solid. Although there are several glitches that need to be repaired. You cannot run the ball without a bruiser. Going outside with a speed guy gets you maybe 5 yards at most and most times gets stuffed for a loss. Going inside with a speed guy gets you dropped typically at the line of scrimmage. But get Shonn Greene or Brandon Jacobs and they plow through the first 2 or 3 defenders to consistent runs of 5+ yds with 1-2 plays breaking for 30+ yds a game. It is insane. I had CJ Spiller in one of my leagues and I'd get maybe 2.0 YPC out of him. But Shonn Greene gets me 7.0YPC and both are around the same OVR level. But obviously the speed guy is much more useful as a pass catcher.
    Hal sucks

anybody down to play or start a online franchise ?(360)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;578798;
    Madden 2011 is very solid. Although there are several glitches that need to be repaired. You cannot run the ball without a bruiser. Going outside with a speed guy gets you maybe 5 yards at most and most times gets stuffed for a loss. Going inside with a speed guy gets you dropped typically at the line of scrimmage. But get Shonn Greene or Brandon Jacobs and they plow through the first 2 or 3 defenders to consistent runs of 5+ yds with 1-2 plays breaking for 30+ yds a game. It is insane. I had CJ Spiller in one of my leagues and I'd get maybe 2.0 YPC out of him. But Shonn Greene gets me 7.0YPC and both are around the same OVR level. But obviously the speed guy is much more useful as a pass catcher.
    Going to have to contradict myself on this one. Just played a game with Bradshaw as my RB and he broke the single game rushing record. Very interesting. It is certainly easier and more consistent to run with a bruiser. The interesting thing about my Bradshaw game was that most of it was done on 3 runs. 80, 85, and 69 yds. Outside of those three broken plays, I rushed for 62 yds on 22 carries
    Hal sucks