Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 150 of 150

Thread: BOOKS!

  1. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    If you haven't, watch this documentary on a failed attempt to make another Dune movie.

    Jodorowsky's Dune
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935156/
    Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4OCeSTL08

    "Alejandro Jodorowsky had originally planned on filming Dune in the early-'70s, and had enlisted the help of Jean Giraud and H.R. Giger to create the movie's visual style. Salvador Dalí was enlisted to play the part of the Emperor, and Jodorowsky also intended to cast his own son Brontis Jodorowsky as Paul, David Carradine as Duke Leto, Orson Welles as the Baron, and Gloria Swanson as the Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother. The soundtrack was to be done by Pink Floyd, whose compositions would represent the progressive House of Atreides, and influential 70s French progressive rock band Magma, whose compositions would represent the evil House of Harkonnen."
    You better watch this you chumps. This documentary will blow you away.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  2. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Books I have read the past few months:

    American Gods - Neil Gaiman

    The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie

    Before They Are Hanged - Joe Abercrombie

    Dune - Frank Herbert

    For my son: currently reading Wrinkle in Time before bed.
    You've been on some crazy adventures recently. Which one was your favorite?
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  3. #138
    I'm reading Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".

    There's a section in there about making an omelete. It's like 7 pages long. I've read it and re-read it, and watched her cooking show where she only talks about making an omelete.

    I make a bad ass omelete now. Seriously.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  4. #139
    I went to the library and picked up The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro.

    I was hoping to grab some Dune books, but they only had the Brian Herbert ones. Pass for now.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  5. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm reading Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".

    There's a section in there about making an omelete. It's like 7 pages long. I've read it and re-read it, and watched her cooking show where she only talks about making an omelete.

    I make a bad ass omelete now. Seriously.
    I used to have a breakfast diner blog and I can't tell you about all the embarrassing omelettes I've endured. Some with eggs as paper thin as a wrap. Some that looked like they were sat on.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  6. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I'm reading Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".

    There's a section in there about making an omelete. It's like 7 pages long. I've read it and re-read it, and watched her cooking show where she only talks about making an omelete.

    I make a bad ass omelete now. Seriously.
    "Don't forget the liver".
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  7. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    "Don't forget the liver".
    HA! I didn't know about that skit. I had to look that up. Pretty good impression actually.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  8. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I went to the library and picked up The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro.

    I was hoping to grab some Dune books, but they only had the Brian Herbert ones. Pass for now.
    That looks wildly interesting. You pick out some interesting ones for sure. I had to look them all up except Dune.

    I may put this one on the list. This really intrigued me: The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  9. #144
    Has anyone read any Terry Prachett - Discworld books? I feel I need to at some point.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  10. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    That looks wildly interesting. You pick out some interesting ones for sure. I had to look them all up except Dune.

    I may put this one on the list. This really intrigued me: The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie
    Definitely check out the First Law Trilogy. Good stuff.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  11. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Has anyone read any Terry Prachett - Discworld books? I feel I need to at some point.
    You definitely need to, it's one of the best series ever. It's like JRR Tolkien meets Douglas Adams.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  12. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    You definitely need to, it's one of the best series ever. It's like JRR Tolkien meets Douglas Adams.
    I'm on it. I've been eyeing that for a long long time.

    This thread is dangerous. It can make the "book reading queue" list even longer than it already is.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  13. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    HA! I didn't know about that skit. I had to look that up. Pretty good impression actually.
    You should check out the Bass-O-Matic skit.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  14. #149
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  15. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Has anyone read any Terry Prachett - Discworld books? I feel I need to at some point.
    Only book I read by him was Good Omens. Hugely disappointing. I didn't laugh once.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    "Relax kid, we've got 162 of these games to go."

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •