Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talkpats

Talkpats

I figured you (yeszir) would see this earlier on talksox than at talkpats.

Ever think of making a link to talkpats in the top right of talksox? Something similar to the way talkpats is setup might bring more activity to the forum.

Just trying to get talkpats more active. I've been inspired by Spud to step up and give it another shot.

!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;575118;
    I figured you (yeszir) would see this earlier on talksox than at talkpats.

Ever think of making a link to talkpats in the top right of talksox? Something similar to the way talkpats is setup might bring more activity to the forum.

Just trying to get talkpats more active. I've been inspired by Spud to step up and give it another shot.
    LOL

I've been asking for that for about ten months.

Talkpats has tremendous potential. We just need to increase traffic to get noticed.

Yeszir is a busy guy. Hopefully we can make things go.

If anyone who reads this post is a football fan, I encourage you to sign-up. There will likely be some changes that will make Talkpats one of the best football sites on the net.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Re: Talkpats

lol really?

Great minds think alike right? haha :lol:

I'll try and throw up a link in the next few days. #1 priority was getting this place moved over and now I can work on that.

I'd love to join, I'm just not a Patriots fan, so I don't believe in entering a board designated for other team's fans.

You can talk just general NFL if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;575127;
    I'd love to join, I'm just not a Patriots fan, so I don't believe in entering a board designated for other team's fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;575128;
    You can talk just general NFL if you would like.
    The board is in it's infancy. There need to be some changes that would attract football fans.
    Not just Pat's fans.

I think we could really make it become one of the best football boards if the scope was broadened to include all of the NFL teams AND college football. As things stand, anyone can join and start a thread to discuss the above. But a formal change of format to include the above suggestions would likely attract a broader audience.

Come to think of it, maybe the CFL could be discussed.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;575129;
    The board is in it's infancy. There need to be some changes that would attract football fans.
    Not just Pat's fans.

I think we could really make it become one of the best football boards if the scope was broadened to include all of the NFL teams AND college football. As things stand, anyone can join and start a thread to discuss the above. But a formal change of format to include the above suggestions would likely attract a broader audience.

Come to think of it, maybe the CFL could be discussed.

Yeah, right after the WNBA.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

I'll join just to help get the site going again. I'm a chargers fan but I can live with it. I'll just hangout in the non-pats forum.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;575130;
    Yeah, right after the WNBA.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

However, the NFL has no minor professional league. I tend to think of the CFL as just that!:lol:

But seriously, anything that would serve to attract football fans (including Canadians!) wouold help Talkpats grow.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;575131;
    I'll join just to help get the site going again. I'm a chargers fan but I can live with it. I'll just hangout in the non-pats forum.
    Talk is cheap. Join!

Talkpats has fans for the Browns, Bears, Dolphins, Steelers, etc.

Start a thread for your team and make a point of being active.

Now is the time to get things going. This season looks very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;575134;
    Talk is cheap. Join!

I'll be joining shortly. Look out for xXChargersBoltsXx.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;575135;
    I'll be joining shortly. Look out for xXChargersBoltsXx.
    Just make sure you get your homework done!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;575134;
    Talk is cheap. Join!

:thumbdown

lol

Do you want me to put you down as a referrer Spud? I know it doesn't really mean anything but I just wanted to ask.