Register now to remove this ad

Page 122 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2158

Thread: What floats your boat?

When your former employer is being sued for $100M due to their underhandedness and mismanagement. I love checking in on this story every few weeks.

http://www.golocalprov.com/news/mass...ue-catholic-ch
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

New flooring and happy wives

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    New flooring and happy wives
    Um, something you're not telling us...?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    My bad...make that new flooring and one happy wife.

World Series with Red Sox in them.

where have you been?
    Hal sucks

For the first time in my life, I have a best friend. Someone that has my back, that I can always be honest with, and somebody that will provide a shoulder to cry on. I am pretty privileged. I grew up in a beautiful and safe small town with parents that are still together, coming from a comfortably middle class family. I never claim that I've had it rough, but we definitely all go through shit. So to have somebody there that will believe me when I talk about it, no questions asked, that's a great feeling, and a feeling I've never had before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    where have you been?
    He's been working with Jack Bauer to keep us safe from terrorists, obvs.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Halifax, UT?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

There is no feeling quite like your baseball team winning the World Series. Given the length of the season and how even the best players fail 7 times out of 10, I think it's more satisfying than a Superbowl or NBA/NHL championship.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Whether it's the luxury tax responsible or not, the way we've had so many different WS champs so far this century is awesome. Contrast to European soccer, where the same team(s) win every year.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Whether it's the luxury tax responsible or not, the way we've had so many different WS champs so far this century is awesome. Contrast to European soccer, where the same team(s) win every year.
    We've been sort of like the San Antonio Spurs of MLB, with the spread out championships...

So I had a very cool experience happen today on social media that Id like to share. I've always been a big Antonio Brown fan and my dad is a die hard Steelers fan. Antonio Brown has always been one of our favorite players for obvious reasons. When he was drafted as a 6th rounder I was 16, I randomly sent out a tweet predicting he'd be one of the best WR's in the draft based on his pre-season (lol) totals he was racking up and ended up making a friendly bet with my friend he'd be better than numerous other WR's in the draft such as Dez Bryant, Jordan Shipley, etc. Antonio Brown favorited the tweet and ended up following me on twitter, which is cool because he doesn't follow that many people, especially considering his follower count (over a million).

Usually me and my dad go to at least one Steelers game every year, we couldn't go this year due to him being diagnosed with a rare disease known as bells palsy (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20370028), which is a partial face paralysis and all around extremely uncomfortable and annoying disease, which led to him not being sure if he'd be able to travel and etc, which obviously he was pretty disappointed about. With Christmas coming up, and trying to think of a gift for my dad, I randomly saw Antonio Brown tweet something and remembered he followed me. I usually don't do things like this, but decided to DM him and see if he could help out with a possible gift, and long story short, AB decided to hook me up with an autograph photo and "more" for my father. What's even cooler is I told him me and my dad were at the game against the Raiders a few years ago where he had the best game of his career (17 catches 284 yards) so the photo he is signing and sending us is from that game where is making an over the shoulder catch, so that has even more personal value since we literally were at the game live during that moment.

I'm not sure what the "more" is as he wasn't very specific but needless to say I am even bigger Antonio Brown fan than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    So I had a very cool experience happen today on social media that Id like to share. I've always been a big Antonio Brown fan and my dad is a die hard Steelers fan. Antonio Brown has always been one of our favorite players for obvious reasons. When he was drafted as a 6th rounder I was 16, I randomly sent out a tweet predicting he'd be one of the best WR's in the draft based on his pre-season (lol) totals he was racking up and ended up making a friendly bet with my friend he'd be better than numerous other WR's in the draft such as Dez Bryant, Jordan Shipley, etc. Antonio Brown favorited the tweet and ended up following me on twitter, which is cool because he doesn't follow that many people, especially considering his follower count (over a million).

Usually me and my dad go to at least one Steelers game every year, we couldn't go this year due to him being diagnosed with a rare disease known as bells palsy (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20370028), which is a partial face paralysis and all around extremely uncomfortable and annoying disease, which led to him not being sure if he'd be able to travel and etc, which obviously he was pretty disappointed about. With Christmas coming up, and trying to think of a gift for my dad, I randomly saw Antonio Brown tweet something and remembered he followed me. I usually don't do things like this, but decided to DM him and see if he could help out with a possible gift, and long story short, AB decided to hook me up with an autograph photo and "more" for my father. What's even cooler is I told him me and my dad were at the game against the Raiders a few years ago where he had the best game of his career (17 catches 284 yards) so the photo he is signing and sending us is from that game where is making an over the shoulder catch, so that has even more personal value since we literally were at the game live during that moment.

I'm not sure what the "more" is as he wasn't very specific but needless to say I am even bigger Antonio Brown fan than before.
    Very cool story JBay.

I do not really know much about Antonio Brown, but he sounds like he's the type of athlete that I would be a fan of, even though he doesn't play for my team. I love when athletes go out of their way with gestures like these, especially when it's not something that will get any media coverage. Tip of the cap to Antonio.

Also, best wishes to your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post

Great story. Nice to know that some of them are good guys.