Register now to remove this ad

Page 118 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2158

Thread: What floats your boat?

I get to see my Daughter for the first time in about 6 weeks this weekend.

I'm broken and broke and have little to look forward to other than Sox games and Netflix.

My Daughter and my Son mean so much to me. I am not sure they understand that.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

I'm broken and broke and have little to look forward to other than Sox games and Netflix.

If not now, someday they will understand.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Good for you Spud. Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

And yes, they will grow to understand how much they mean to you, if they don't already realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Good for you Spud. Enjoy the weekend with your daughter.

And yes, they will grow to understand how much they mean to you, if they don't already realize it.
    Thanks. I think my Son realizes it but he is an adult now with his own life.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    This message is hidden because a700hitter is on your ignore list.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

We need a middle finger emoticon. Note to YOTN when he buys this site. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

a700hitter
    King of TalkSox
    This message is hidden because a700hitter is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    What's that? I can't hear you...
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What's that? I can't hear you...
    ahahaha....... I didn't see this before...
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

I'm trying to think of something that floats my boat just cause..........

How's this.......

My wife's relatives are in town. They pretty much only like and want to eat their home countries food. So they have been cooking amazing food almost everynight.

But what floats my boat is that everynight a new and different chili sauce shows up at the table. Green chilies and this, red chilies and that, chilies with schredded beef, chilies and garlic and soy sauce. Everyone is more delicious than the last.

So they wanted a certain dried pepper to make them a certain sauce they wanted to make. I couldn't understand them at first, the wife couldn't translate the pepper. I finally figured out they wanted Bhut jolokia. Which is what we call a Ghost Chili pepper. Which is close to the scoville scale of pepper spray. So I bought them some dried ones at Whole Foods....... the next night.....bam.............. Ghost Chili pepper sauce which they eat like effin ketchup.......... and I eat it a bit and sweat like sitting on the sun....... it's good though.......

And with every trip to the toilet in the last week after all these chili sauces........... as much as an adventure I have on the toilet......... I am somewhat smiling............ I like having my relatives stay with us no matter how hard it is to communicate and relate with them......
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post

How's this.......

My wife's relatives are in town. They pretty much only like and want to eat their home countries food. So they have been cooking amazing food almost everynight.

But what floats my boat is that everynight a new and different chili sauce shows up at the table. Green chilies and this, red chilies and that, chilies with schredded beef, chilies and garlic and soy sauce. Everyone is more delicious than the last.

So they wanted a certain dried pepper to make them a certain sauce they wanted to make. I couldn't understand them at first, the wife couldn't translate the pepper. I finally figured out they wanted Bhut jolokia. Which is what we call a Ghost Chili pepper. Which is close to the scoville scale of pepper spray. So I bought them some dried ones at Whole Foods....... the next night.....bam.............. Ghost Chili pepper sauce which they eat like effin ketchup.......... and I eat it a bit and sweat like sitting on the sun....... it's good though.......

And with every trip to the toilet in the last week after all these chili sauces........... as much as an adventure I have on the toilet......... I am somewhat smiling............ I like having my relatives stay with us no matter how hard it is to communicate and relate with them......
    That certainly beats the shit out of having your Russian Mother-In-Law live with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post

How's this.......

Can you adopt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

That certainly beats the shit out of having your Russian Mother-In-Law live with you.
    Russians scare me. They have this "I don't give a crap what happens to me, but I'll mess you up more before it does" attitude............ and I know from experience dealing with those crazy bastards.......
    In our yellow submarine

That certainly beats the shit out of having your Mother-In-Law live with you.
    period.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Coffee.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

I just went outside to have a smoke. A bird of prey, some kind of hawk I guess, flew by me at chest height at about 30-40 mph and about 4 feet from me.

Holy fucking shit was that bird awesome. I watched it land on my building and sit there for several minutes.

Wow.