Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brady in Car accident 09/09/10

Re: Brady in Car accident 09/09/10

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;577415;
    Is he an idiot? If Tom Brady and the other guy were drowning and you had one life preserver. You could only save one person. Who would you save? Let's assume that the other person is not a woman or a child, but just another guy who is the same age as Brady.
    I was speaking from a purely grammatical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;577420;
    I was speaking from a purely grammatical standpoint.
    :lol: Oh, okay.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;577411;
    You're an idiot
    im not the one who ran the red light and smashed into some one am I????????????????
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

So the guy driving the red minivan has a horrible driving record. OUI recently and his driver's license suspended 5 times since 2008 as reported by CSNNE. How was this guy even legally behind the wheel? Of course it was his father that got it the worst and rushed to the hospital.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;577477;
    So the guy driving the red minivan has a horrible driving record. OUI recently and his driver's license suspended 5 times since 2008 as reported by CSNNE. How was this guy even legally behind the wheel? Of course it was his father that got it the worst and rushed to the hospital.
    My wife got hit by a drunk driver who totalled our SUV at 60 mph. He was traveling from her right in the intersection at highway speed. He blew through a red light. She never saw him coming. He hit her on the right front bumper spinning her completely around and deploying all the airbags. She was very lucky that he didn't hit any further back on the vehicle. If he had hit at wheel depth or further back, her car may not have spun out and it would have absorbed even more of a devastating impact. As it was, the car was demolished. When I called the insurance company, he said that it was unlikely that the car was totalled, because it was only 1 month old with 2k miles. He said that he would have to write more than 20k in damages. I told him that I was pretty sure it was totalled, because the entire car was bent up and crushed. As soon as he got to the salvage yard, he called me to tell me that it was a total loss.

Anyway, the dirtbag that hit her had been pinballing down the street before he entered the intersection in his stupor. He never slowed up. My wife never saw him coming. There were no skid marks at the sight of the accident. It was a full speed collision. If the point of contact had not been so small, the accident certainly would have been fatal. The dirtbag would not have stopped after the accident except for the fact that after contact he caromed off course and ran directly into the local fire department's brick supported sign. He knocked down one column of the brick supports. The good news was that the fireman were on the scene immediately and cut my wife from the car and sent her to the hospital. When I got to the hospital, I heard the dirtbag being interviewed as he was on the other side of the curtain from my wife. He stated that he had been taking Xanax, Vicoden, Prozac, plus he had been drinking. At one point, he was whining that he didn't understand why he had been arrested. He didn't think he had done anything wrong. He was so out of it that he didn't even realize that he had caused an accident. I had to send my son outside, because I thought he was going to rip the guy's head off, and he was in police custody.

Weeks later the DA called me and asked my wife to give a statement. The DA told me that the guy had prior offenses. He had a prior DUI and he had a prior conviction for leaving the scene of an accident. This guy was not going to clean up his act until he went to jail for homicide or he killed himself. We never found out what happened to the guy. The DA never called back, so I assume that it was plead out. Hopefully, an accident with a high profile athlete will get more attention and the DA will be forced to throw the book at this guy and get him off the street.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;577506;
    My wife got hit by a drunk driver who totalled our SUV at 60 mph. He was traveling from her right in the intersection at highway speed. He blew through a red light. She never saw him coming. He hit her on the right front bumper spinning her completely around and deploying all the airbags. She was very lucky that he didn't hit any further back on the vehicle. If he had hit at wheel depth or further back, her car may not have spun out and it would have absorbed even more of a devastating impact. As it was, the car was demolished. When I called the insurance company, he said that it was unlikely that the car was totalled, because it was only 1 month old with 2k miles. He said that he would have to write more than 20k in damages. I told him that I was pretty sure it was totalled, because the entire car was bent up and crushed. As soon as he got to the salvage yard, he called me to tell me that it was a total loss.

Anyway, the dirtbag that hit her had been pinballing down the street before he entered the intersection in his stupor. He never slowed up. My wife never saw him coming. There were no skid marks at the sight of the accident. It was a full speed collision. If the point of contact had not been so small, the accident certainly would have been fatal. The dirtbag would not have stopped after the accident except for the fact that after contact he caromed off course and ran directly into the local fire department's brick supported sign. He knocked down one column of the brick supports. The good news was that the fireman were on the scene immediately and cut my wife from the car and sent her to the hospital. When I got to the hospital, I heard the dirtbag being interviewed as he was on the other side of the curtain from my wife. He stated that he had been taking Xanax, Vicoden, Prozac, plus he had been drinking. At one point, he was whining that he didn't understand why he had been arrested. He didn't think he had done anything wrong. He was so out of it that he didn't even realize that he had caused an accident. I had to send my son outside, because I thought he was going to rip the guy's head off, and he was in police custody.

Weeks later the DA called me and asked my wife to give a statement. The DA told me that the guy had prior offenses. He had a prior DUI and he had a prior conviction for leaving the scene of an accident. This guy was not going to clean up his act until he went to jail for homicide or he killed himself. We never found out what happened to the guy. The DA never called back, so I assume that it was plead out. Hopefully, an accident with a high profile athlete will get more attention and the DA will be forced to throw the book at this guy and get him off the street.
    This is insane. Glad to hear your wife is alright.

TMZ has posted photo's from the car accident

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/tom_...ab=most_recent

Just saying...

It could have been worse.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;577513;
    This is insane. Glad to hear your wife is alright.
    That accident was a couple of years ago. We were involved in another major collision on August 29th as we were taking things up to Boston to help my daughter move. We were the third car in a three car collision. Some kid coming back up to school didn't notice that the traffic had stopped in the right lane of I-91 to exit to I-84 at Hartford. The girl hit the pickup truck behind us at such a high speed that her van went airborne and started flipping/rolling. It ended up upside down and they had to cut her out of the vehicle. Amazingly, she was alive and they told us that she only hurt her shoulder. All of us got taken to the hospital-- 6 people from the three vehicles. I told my wife that she was extremely luck to be in two such violent collisions and survive. The middle car got it the worst taking a major rear end impact and then colliding with us. The driver was bleeding and had a tooth in his hand. His daughter was also bleeding and crying. They were about 10 minutes from their destination at UConn. Here's the back of the pickup truck.

Attachment 710

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;577506;

Glad to hear your wife is ok, and both of you are ok after the most recent accident. My wife and daughter were involved in an accident earlier this week.....our car might be a total loss but both are fine.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;577638;
    Glad to hear your wife is ok, and both of you are ok after the most recent accident. My wife and daughter were involved in an accident earlier this week.....our car might be a total loss but both are fine.
    Glad to hear your wife and daughter are okay.