Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Brady signs 4 year Deal

Brady signs 4 year Deal

Quarterback Tom Brady signed a four-year contract extension with the New England Patriots that will be officially filed with the NFL on Friday, a source close to the negotiation confirmed Thursday night.

Brady's four-year deal is worth $72 million and includes $48.5 million guaranteed, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The extension gets added onto the final year of Brady's contract and goes through 2014.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5552561

Re: Brady signs 4 year Deal

Curran reporting $78 million. So rumor is that's also when BB's contract expires. Quite a day for TFB.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

I think that Peyton Manning is just as happy as Tom Brady is.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr;577475;
    Curran reporting $78 million. So rumor is that's also when BB's contract expires. Quite a day for TFB.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both retire at the end of their deals. Although I have always had a feeling Brady would wind up a 49er at some point in his career. Not sure why though lol

Deity

Probably because he was 49er fan growing up and lives in California.

Good deal for the Pats, although the AAV might be a little higher than they would have liked, especially iftbe salary cap comes back in the new CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;577491;
    Probably because he was 49er fan growing up and lives in California.

Good deal for the Pats, although the AAV might be a little higher than they would have liked, especially iftbe salary cap comes back in the new CBA.
    LOL well that def could be the reasoning behind the feeling

A little high on AAV, but nothing outrageous. I like the deal. Pretty much gets the Pats the rest of Brady's prime years.