Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NBA ReDraft League?

Re: NBA ReDraft League?

Yes, but not the past season.

Never mind, we are using this seasons salaries.

Ytrb's first post says 2009-2010 salaries.

I thought that as well until I noticed the line just above his sig.

Major Leaguer

Yeah, I contradicted myself in the 1st post

I mean 2010 - 2011 salaries

Use ESPN, hoopshype doesn't have the salaries of all players (for example, they didn't have Raymond Felton)
    Join my MLB Midseason Draft on here! No fee to play

http://www.talksox.com/forum/contest...tml#post559234

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Can you post a link ytrb? So I can bookmark it on my ipod.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

I see quite a few kinks in this, if the point is to build a team for three years for now, then what is the point of using salaries? Rookies come in and play on a rookie scale, they'll probably have 2-3 times the salary by that point in their career if they're that good of a player, so theoretically you could stack your team early with guys like Wall, et al, who really won't be making much relative to guys like James, Wade, Bryant, and then fill out your salaries later with top players.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;585713;
    I see quite a few kinks in this, if the point is to build a team for three years for now, then what is the point of using salaries? Rookies come in and play on a rookie scale, they'll probably have 2-3 times the salary by that point in their career if they're that good of a player, so theoretically you could stack your team early with guys like Wall, et al, who really won't be making much relative to guys like James, Wade, Bryant, and then fill out your salaries later with top players.
    Risky move to stack your team with rookies. They are obviously unproven players and I would take that into heavy consideration when I evaluate other squads.

Major Leaguer

Well, you have to be careful with rookies, they are far from a sure thing and I would pick many proven players in favor of them but you still do have to take risks. For salaries, I just google the player and click on the ESPN link for them to see their salary, use hoopshype if you like to though
    Join my MLB Midseason Draft on here! No fee to play

http://www.talksox.com/forum/contest...tml#post559234