Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Friday evening 16-year-old Brooke Ann Coats was competing in a rodeo in Tampa, Florida. During the bull-riding competition she was thrown, and the animal kicked her in the chest. She managed to get up and walk out of the arena, but 90 minutes later she was dead.

Nothing will bring back this 16-year-old girl; nothing will give her the life that laid ahead of her. Do you think young people should be allowed to participate in rodeos?

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Re: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Wow, that really sucks. As for your question no I don't think young people should be allowed to participate in rodeos. It's too dangerous.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;614441;
    Wow, that really sucks. As for your question no I don't think young people should be allowed to participate in rodeos. It's too dangerous.
    That's for her and her parents to decide. I don't have a problem with them participating. You know the risks going in.

I'm not a fan of the sport to begin with, so I don't think that the age really matters.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Well I guess but I don't see how parents can allow them to do something dangerous like that.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

I think it's more dangerous for a 16 year old girl to be behind the wheel to be honest.

I met a retired rodeo guy one time. The guy was about 45-50. He had a big scar on his face from being gored. He was laughing like hell when he recalled a story about be stomped by a bull. He told me there was nothing like the adrenaline rush of his rodeo days. It's not my cup of tea, but lots of people die while sky diving too. Should we ban all dangerous activity for 16 year olds, because we don't like the activity? I don't think so.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I think there are better reasons to ban rodeos than because of its danger.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;614445;
    I think it's more dangerous for a 16 year old girl to be behind the wheel to be honest.
    No doubt. A LOT more 16 year old girls will die behind the wheel of car than from bull riding.

The Bull Riding is between the girl or boy and their parents. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;614448;
    No doubt. A LOT more 16 year old girls will die behind the wheel of car than from bull riding.
    Millions of teenage girls drive cars compared to probably hundreds of teen girl bull riders, I think its a bad comparison with death ratio's. Not to mention a driver has more control of a automobile than a animal which is powerful and unpredictable that can potentially kill, especially when provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614454;
    Millions of teenage girls drive cars compared to probably hundreds of teen girl bull riders, I think its a bad comparison with death ratio's. Not to mention a driver has more control of a automobile than a animal which is powerful and unpredictable that can potentially kill, especially when provoked.
    Teen girl bull riders are still more likely to die in a car accident than from riding a bull.

I disagree, If there was as many kids riding bull as driving in cars , more would die from bull riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614459;
    I disagree, If there was as many kids riding bull as driving in cars , more would die from bull riding.
    Ok, then we'll agree to disagree.

So because one person dies, everyone else has to suffer? Sorry, it's sad, but she made the decision to do this, and she knew the risks. It's nothing like driving a car, with a car, you're risking not only your life, but the lives of others if you don't know what you're doing. With bull-riding, you're just taking your own risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Hey, you can hurt the bull too...