Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Re: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;614626;
    Ha! I'm surprised that I missed this post in addition to the fact that everyone else that saw it missed the Family Guy reference. Props.
    That's because Family Guy is easily the most repetitive show I've ever seen. I can watch it for a while then I get sick of it. Just because every episode is really just a repeat of the episode that came before.

Blueprint to 1 episode of Family Guy:

*Filler filler filler*
    "Hey remember the time when....."
    *Insert clip of that exact thing happening*
    *Insert 5 minute filler, like Peter hissing in pain, some rich guys reading newspapers, Peter fighting a chicken, or something like that*
    *Throw a musical in there somewhere*

Yeah, it has moments where it's original, and really funny, but mostly, it's just a really repetitive show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Gross oversimplification aside, I think that South Park is much more filler than Family Guy is. Then again most shows with some sort of story line are more filler than Family Guy is.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Family guy has died out. They have run out of ideas. I probably didn't catch that reference because it was one of the newer episodes.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;614631;
    Family guy has died out. They have run out of ideas. I probably didn't catch that reference because it was one of the newer episodes.

It was from the 2nd episode ever made.

I never watched that early either haha.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;614630;
    Gross oversimplification aside, I think that South Park is much more filler than Family Guy is. Then again most shows with some sort of story line are more filler than Family Guy is.
    Lol, dude, South Park doesn't have REGULAR minutes-worth of what is pretty much dead-air, with maybe a couple of sounds in there. That's real filler.

It wasn't oversimplification, the show is so repetitive. I know Family Guy fans who'll even admit that every episode is mostly the same. I'm not a fan, I watch the show sometimes when it's on, I just could never get into a show that really doesn't change much from one episode to the next.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;614625;
    You missed the point entirely, I'll leave you to think about that one. I'd like you to please find the statistics on human deaths that are caused by animals, and find how many are caused by bulls. I'll bet it's a very small number.
    Your point is theres no difference between this, and a child that dies riding a bicycle, skateboard, or who dies playing any other sport.

Yes, horrible accidents happen all the time. Would I let my kid (if I had one) ride a bull?
    Hell No. If he wants to risk his ass when he's older, okay.

Top 10 deadliest animals in the world, by number of human fatalities per year
    Mosquito, about 800,000 from malaria transmission alone
    Dogs, 55,000 from rabies transmission alone
    Tsetse fly, 50,000 from transmitting diseases like human sleeping sickness
    Snakes, at least 20,000 from venomous bites
    Scorpions, 3,250 from venomous stings
    Elephants, 500
    Crocodiles, more than 300
    African buffalo, over 200
    Tigers, 150
    (tie) Hippos, over 100
    (tie) Lions, over 100

Bulls don't even make the top ten, yes the number is small, I just don't think bull riding should be for children. I remember another story of a 9 year old bull rider dying from being kicked in the chest by bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;614634;
    Lol, dude, South Park doesn't have REGULAR minutes-worth of what is pretty much dead-air, with maybe a couple of sounds in there. That's real filler.

It wasn't oversimplification, the show is so repetitive. I know Family Guy fans who'll even admit that every episode is mostly the same. I'm not a fan, I watch the show sometimes when it's on, I just could never get into a show that really doesn't change much from one episode to the next.

I honestly can't believe that you believe any of what you just said.

Anyway, South Park has minutes on end of "downtime" of story line and non-humourous information in order to set up bigger punchlines later. That seems to be the textbook definition of filler. It's still a great show, but it's more about peaks and valleys (hilarious parts followed by minutes of "eh" material), but a spade is a spade.

Family Guy tends to have more numerous, but smaller jokes, whereas South Park aims to set up their jokes using a story line backbone and hit with bigger punchlines later. I enjoy both shows, but it is what it is. Family Guy is more consistent (albeit a bit repetitive) and South Park has a higher ceiling (but a much lower floor)

I'm not going to argue that Family Guy isn't often repetitve or that it doesn't have filler, but I don't think that it's even a debate that South Park has more filler than Family Guy. I don't see how one can see that differently.

As for your other "point", I don't see how you can argue that you weren't grossly oversimplifying Family Guy. You came up with a chart in which you tried to summarize a typical episode of Family Guy, and then used that chart as some sort of "expert exhibit" to then make a generalisation that applied to every episode of the show. That honestly could not be more of a gross oversimplification IF YOU TRIED. I'm sorry hon, but that's the EXACT definition of one.

You're obviously allowed you have your opinion, but if you're going to try and act like your opinion is factual, please, for the love of God, back it up. I guess I'll return the favour from our SuperBowl debate and call myself an "Expert" on the topic (since I have DVD sets from both shows, and have seen every episode, including the movies from both shows) and I don't buy what you're saying. At all.

I'm sorry for being a jerk over it but you can't try and argue some of the things you tried. It's just not true.

I believe it was less-than 5 people are killed by bulls each year. I just can't see it man. She died because she was a girl, not because she was young. It's not a woman's sport. How many girls would you think would die if they tried to play in the NFL?

:lol:

ital, you crack me up when you get mad.

Phew, at least it was clear that I was mad.

And my apologies to Divinity for hijacking a serious thread over a stupid "argument" about Family Guy and South Park.

Btw Emmz, you crack me up when you show me pictures of your hot friends.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Any girl who feels the need to ride a bull should be referred to me instead. It will still be as rough, and there will still be significant injury, but the possibility of permanent injury or death is much smaller.

There. Problem solved. I'm off to leave my phone number at every rodeo regestration booth in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Lmao.

shed still choose to ride the bull

jk

it took me like 2 minutes to type that properly