Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: BA top 100 prospects

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    LOL! Does the donkey have air conditioning?
    I don't know!

    But he said he would pick you up in his car.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He is committed to UConn, but if the day comes that he gets drafted, I would keep my fingers crossed that the Red Sox draft him. It's all a very very long shot at this point, but it is cool that he is playing against and alongside the likes of Kumar Rocker, Marquis Grissom's, and Jerry Manual's kids. Last year when he was in the DR, he faced our kid Flores a couple of times-- k'd him swinging and got him to hit into a DP.
    How cool would that be if the Red Sox drafted him? I know it's a long shot for him, but hey, you never know.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    How cool would that be if the Red Sox drafted him? I know it's a long shot for him, but hey, you never know.
    I have been in awe at each step in his development. He turns 16 at the end of this month and over the last 2 years he has been taking giant strides. He is a sophomore and has committed to UConn because the coach told him that he would start him. He might have been able to get into a better program, but schools like Vanderbilt (dream programs) would not make any guarantees for playing time. I think his Dad feels that the most important thing is playing time for a college program while attending as many showcases as possible like the one in Arizona and the upcoming showcase in the DR in February.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    I have been in awe at each step in his development. He turns 16 at the end of this month and over the last 2 years he has been taking giant strides. He is a sophomore and has committed to UConn because the coach told him that he would start him. He might have been able to get into a better program, but schools like Vanderbilt (dream programs) would not make any guarantees for playing time. I think his Dad feels that the most important thing is playing time for a college program while attending as many showcases as possible like the one in Arizona and the upcoming showcase in the DR in February.
    Good for him. Not that many kids even get opportunities like he is getting. He must be pretty good.

  5. #20
    Royals Release Kyle Zimmer. He was a former first round pick in 2012 and the 5th pick overall. Top picks are never locks.

    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •