Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 11 The Show

Re: MLB 11 The Show

It can make trade offers or reject your trade offers, unless you use the "force trade" option. The computer can also run trades with other teams without you knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;617513;
    It can make trade offers or reject your trade offers, unless you use the "force trade" option. The computer can also run trades with other teams without you knowing.
    They do a lot of Stupid stuff. in Year two of the MLB Franchise Jeter Was with the Reds along with Beltre and Lowell. Yankees got Rollins, Lee went to Colorado(Which made a wicked Tandem).
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

That was always one of my pet peeves in video game franchises. I like them to be realistic, and then there's a bunch of totally ridiculous trades. That's one thing I feel like nobody has ever gotten right.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;617537;
    That was always one of my pet peeves in video game franchises. I like them to be realistic, and then there's a bunch of totally ridiculous trades. That's one thing I feel like nobody has ever gotten right.
    There are many other annoying "bugs" in the game, especially in the RTTS mode when you can't control when you get taken out of the game. One day you could throw 130 pitches and give up a few hits in the 9th and the coach doesn't take you out, but God forbid that you're up 1-0 in the 6th or later and give up a baserunner, because then you're given the hook.

And then there are plenty of times when the fielders make retarded plays and they aren't ruled as "errors" which skews your RTTS pitcher's ERA. Not to mention all of the umpiring ball/strike calls, but that's in there on purpose for realism.

Major Leaguer

I just wish that the ball, strike calls were more realistic. I hate it when my pitch is one millimeter out of the zone and it is called a ball.
    Go hard every day

i knw this says mlb the show ,but i got 2k11 im digging it right now ,tomorrow im doing the redsox farm team from aaa to a
    im going to writing down my team info stats info after each week, yall should too
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

Decided to give Pap a rest since he had thrown a couple games in a row and it's early April, so I bring in Bard with a 1 run lead over the Indians, and he quickly lets up 2 runs. Walk off losses hurt even in video games. I'm now 3-2, and at work, but can't stop thinking about the game.

RSFFL - Bring it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Legend

What position does the Indians need the most help at?
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by suns;617578;
    What position does the Indians need the most help at?
    Anywhere but catcher, and for the games purposes, center field, although Grady is a FA after 2011, so by the time your RTTS guy gets called up, Grady probably won't be there anymore.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Major Leaguer

Had a pitcher in 10 so i am prolly making a SS or RF since the sox are the weakest there in 11. Recommend either one? i have only been a pitcher in my player mode?
    Go hard every day

Quote Originally Posted by EXman369;617587;
    Had a pitcher in 10 so i am prolly making a SS or RF since the sox are the weakest there in 11. Recommend either one? i have only been a pitcher in my player mode?
    Depends - do you like making 2-3 defensive plays per game, or 6-8, cover the bag on stolen bases, flip double plays, etc? If you're just in it to hit, I'd go with a RF, but if you want to play a lot of defense too (lengthens the games, though), go with SS.

Quote Originally Posted by EXman369;617587;
    thats what im doing ss

Major Leaguer

There a certain reason why your choosing SS over RF?
    Go hard every day

When I do RTTS I always use a SP. Everyone can use good pitching. At some point I'll get bored with the pitcher and create a batter. In 08 The Show I had a First Baseman, simply because he made the most plays in the field and earned me the most points, however I really got bored with the fielding. In MLB 2010 The Show I have a CF, and the fielding is a bit more fun. I've also tried the catcher mode in RTTS which isn't bad, but it gets boring quickly.

I also resent the fact that you have to be right handed to play SS/2B/C, which is even more annoying because if your coach subs you in to play one of those positions, the computer makes your player right handed, even if he was left handed a few minutes ago like my player.

Quote Originally Posted by EXman369;617593;
    There a certain reason why your choosing SS over RF?
    Playing Be a a Pro Of on 2k is a bitch ,so i just did SS