Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 11 The Show

Evil Emperor

Re: MLB 11 The Show

I've been a huge fan of The Show for years now (since the demise of All Star Baseball) and it is without question the best baseball franchise I've ever played (although Japan's Pro Yakyu Spirits gives it a run for it's money... it's hard to appreciate that game though when you can't read Japanese...the gameplay is phenomenal though). I haven't gotten MLB 11 yet because a few months ago my PS3 shit the bed (yellow light "of death") and it isn't under warranty anymore and I just don't have the money to go buy a new one. I look forward to hopefully playing the game sooner rather than later though.

I look forward to seeing everyone's comments on the game. And if anyone has any experience with the blinking yellow light issue, or how to fix it please let me know. I came across a tutorial, but it looked so complicated (involved completely disassembling the console, using a heat gun, and a whole bunch of other scary shit) that I didn't want to even mess with it for fear of fucking it up worse than it already was. It's not too bad though, I very rarely play video games anymore (except when the Show comes out lol), and I like to wait until Knight releases his famous full-minors rosters over on Operationsports.com before I start a franchise anyway, which isn't usually until around opening day.

So for now I'll continue reading everyone's comments until I'm either able to fix my PS3 or get a new one. I'm looking forward to using the analog hitting controls though. I wonder if it's anything like the analog controls of the MVP College Baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by boston22407;617561;
    i knw this says mlb the show ,but i got 2k11 im digging it right now ,tomorrow im doing the redsox farm team from aaa to a
    im going to writing down my team info stats info after each week, yall should too
    Do the fielders still run around like they are on skates?

I think it's much more realistic this year. One thing I noticed for sure is that gappers actually fall this year. Last year, if you hit the ball in the air, it better fall in front of the outfielders because if not, it's going to get caught. This year, you can hit the ball over their heads, sometimes they take a step in before sprinting back, and my favorite thing - outfielders have different jumps. By this, I mean guys like Ichiro and Crawford start moving almost instantly when the ball is hit, but bad outfielders like Bay, it takes them a second to get a read and make their first move, so if you hit a ball over Bay's head, it takes him an extra second to make his first move in comparison to say a guy like Crawford. Very, very nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Bring back MVP.

I agree. That or do another Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr.

To hell with Griffey, I'm just tired of being restricted to the clusterfuck that is MLB 2k year after year.

Exactly. I played the 2K version up until last year, and when I got The Show, my jaw dropped. It's head and shoulders above 2K.

MVP has always been my favorite series, and I really loved that college baseball game too, I can't believe they ditched that. But The Show may have overtaken MVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I've actually never owned a 2k baseball game. I borrowed one from a friend of mine, 2k6, I believe, and it was so bad that I've never touched the series again. I loved Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr. (as a classic rather than great graphics) and I also loved MVP Baseball and the MLB The Show series. I've heard that the 2k basketball series is actually good unlike the 2k baseball series, so I might one day give that a chance.

The last one I owned was 2k7, which wasn't good by any means but probably the best of the ones I've played. I've played every one since though on at least a couple of occasions, and they've actually gotten worse. I honestly wonder if they even test the damn things before they ship them out.

2k's NBA games are excellent. This past year absolutely nailed it in gameplay, graphics, and presentation. You play in TD Garden, it actually sounds like there's a game going on in the real life arena.

The only NBA games I've played are NBA Live, but I haven't bought an NBA game since 2004. If I was to get an NBA game I'd probably get a 2k series one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;617638;
    The last one I owned was 2k7, which wasn't good by any means but probably the best of the ones I've played. I've played every one since though on at least a couple of occasions, and they've actually gotten worse. I honestly wonder if they even test the damn things before they ship them out.

2k's NBA games are excellent. This past year absolutely nailed it in gameplay, graphics, and presentation. You play in TD Garden, it actually sounds like there's a game going on in the real life arena.
    2k Is good with Basketball but Baseball is a joke. I played 2k8 and it was pathetic. Everything i hit was a HR or a Ground ball i won 12-11 It wasnt fun. MLB The Show is far better. i miss MVP but MLB the Show is Awesome. It was the reason i bought my PS3 and now my Xbox 360 rots.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;617636;
    I've actually never owned a 2k baseball game. I borrowed one from a friend of mine, 2k6, I believe, and it was so bad that I've never touched the series again. I loved Major League Baseball with Ken Griffey Jr. (as a classic rather than great graphics) and I also loved MVP Baseball and the MLB The Show series. I've heard that the 2k basketball series is actually good unlike the 2k baseball series, so I might one day give that a chance.
    Yeah, 2k baseball is usually never close to as good as the show, but I have a 360 so I'm forced to either play that or not play a baseball game.

2k basketball games are a completely different story, this year 2k in basketball released one of the better basketball games I've ever played, I really like the my player mode. The only thing I hate though is 2k's servers. I don't know if you guys play online but 2k is horrible for online play, they have so many disconnections, it takes forever to find matches and etc.. Its horrible.

2k11 is the best basketball game I've ever played. Before that it was 2k10. 2k4 (titled as 'ESPN NBA Basketball') was really awesome too.

I've yet to play online with 2k11, I didn't do it that much with 2k10 because I'm usually too busy whoring online Halo to play anything else. Might've been a little slow but I wasn't pulling my hair out over it.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Agreed 2k is good at basketball(well from what I've seen from 2k11) but trash in baseball.

26 to 6 - How long have you had your ps3?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

2k my player is hard man ,i cant hit
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA