Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 11 The Show

MLB 11 The Show

Just picked up my copy of The Show. It's like the real thing!

Joking - but I did get it today. If you get the game - don't forget to update the rosters first thing. A lot of moves have been made since the roster cutoff on the game, but a quick download fixed that. The analog hitting is pretty tough at first (timing the hitting with pitch recognition is like patting your head and rubbing your stomach). I turned off the analog controls on fielding and went with classic, much better.

So far, I'm 3-1. Buchholz got shelled his first outing, but Crawford, who I have in the 3 slot (default he leads off), is crushing, as is Gonzo. Pretty sweet game so far, and oh by the way, it comes with a 30 day free trial of MLB.TV.

If you start a franchise, I always like to read about the games and talk about those too, so keep us posted on how you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Legend

Re: MLB 11 The Show

How is RTTS
    RIP Bob Feller

I don't ever play that, I'm strictly a franchise player, but from what I've read online via reviews, they didn't make many changes to it.

One thing they did change, though, is the trading - you can trade prospects for big name players this year instead of having to go with like Pedroia + Youkilis for Pujols.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I only play Franchise mode for the business aspects of it (setting prices, buying seats, marketing, promotion etc) I'm mostly a RTTS player.

What's the fun in having a badass team like the Sox this year if you don't use them in the franchise?

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Can't wait till I get this game. Be ready Forsyth.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;617486;
    What's the fun in having a badass team like the Sox this year if you don't use them in the franchise?
    You could use RTTS and be drafted or you can pick the red sox and then you can go from AA to AAA to starting with the red sox
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;617486;

There's still Rivalry mode (Sox vs. Yankees) and your RTTS player can be on the Red Sox and add to the team that they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;617489;
    There's still Rivalry mode (Sox vs. Yankees) and your RTTS player can be on the Red Sox and add to the team that they already have.
    What position would you take from the Sox in RTTS.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;617491;
    What position would you take from the Sox in RTTS.

CF. The Red Sox team in my game (MLB 2010 The Show) is

C: V-mart
    1B: Pujols
    DH: Youkilis
    2B: Pedroia
    3B: Beltre
    SS: Hanley Ramirez
    LF: Ellsbury
    CF: My Character
    RF: JD Drew/Cody Ross platoon

With a rotation of:

Lee
    Dempster
    Gallardo
    Lackey
    Brett Anderson

And I had nothing to do with "forcing" any moves. Heck, my character started out on the Tigers and got traded to the Red Sox in 2013. I think we won 135 games this past season.

Legend

I have never got past AAA
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;617494;
    CF. The Red Sox team in my game (MLB 2010 The Show) is

C: V-mart
    1B: Pujols
    DH: Youkilis
    2B: Pedroia
    3B: Beltre
    SS: Hanley Ramirez
    LF: Ellsbury
    CF: My Character
    RF: JD Drew/Cody Ross platoon

With a rotation of:

Lee
    Dempster
    Gallardo
    Lackey
    Brett Anderson

And I had nothing to do with "forcing" any moves. Heck, my character started out on the Tigers and got traded to the Red Sox in 2013. I think we won 135 games this past season.

My Team
    C: Joe Mauer
    1B: A-Gon
    2B: Petey
    SS: My Guy
    3B: Youk
    LF: CC
    CF: Ells
    RF: Drew
    DH: Papi

Pitch Rotation
    1: Beckett
    2: Lackey
    3: Lester
    4: Buchholz
    5: Dice-k.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Nice, a team like that makes the RTTS awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;617504;
    Nice, a team like that makes the RTTS awesome.
    Thats my Franchise. Got A-gon of Waivers, I have no clue it happened. Crawford i traded V-mart Straight Up. Mauer was a Free Agent and I gave him an alright offer and he took. No one else came close.

Legend

Does the game make the trades
    RIP Bob Feller