Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Watches, which one is your favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    That is a really nice watch. Was thinking of buying an invicta for myself, but I rarely go out anymore. I don't think it's worth it.
    Thanks Mike. Well, to me mechanical watches is a great hobby, problem is that it's a pretty expensive one, at least for me hahahaha. Today I own 5 watches. Took me like 20 years afford them LOL. Hell, I'm in a watch club and a guy said that he has 30 LOL.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

This watch belong to my father and gave it to me when I finished collage. It has 30 YO since my father bought it. Love it. He knew I always wanted this watch. I remember that sometimes he borrowed it to me when I went to a special event. Now is mine LOL.

image.jpg
    Last edited by iortiz; 12-14-2013 at 12:21 PM.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    You live really nice in Mexico don't you? Looks like I need to head to Mexico City in the summer..
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

LOL! Sure, you can come whenever you want Mike, you have a friend and a place to stay here

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Saw a Tourbillon watch on Amazon for $99,000. That's crazy talk.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    Saw a Tourbillon watch on Amazon for $99,000. That's crazy talk.
    Yeah! That mechanical complication (tourbillon) in any brand is very expensive. It basically allows the watch to be more accurate and avoid the typical delay that mechanical watches have since force of gravity.
    Last edited by iortiz; 12-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I haven't worn a watch since high school. Usually I use a cell phone to check the time, but as I don't have one now I just check the clock wherever I happen to be. If there isn't one around, there's usually another person around, I just ask if they can tell me the time. I haven't had someone reply with the snidely hip 1950's "it's time to get a watch" yet, but I was considering paying a day laborer to follow me around with a solid marble sundial strapped to his back, so I suppose I could pay him to bludgeon people with it if they respond that way. Of course, for the price of hiring a Mexican immigrant to carry around an 800-pound ancient Roman timepiece I could just buy a cell phone. Plus, of course, sundials only work well when stationary and paying people to commit violent crimes on your behalf is a felony. But I really do hate it when people say "it's time to get a watch". Just tell me the time, don't be a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Check this out. It is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It is the machine of the AP Royal Oak Grande-Complication. Isn't it amazing?

image.jpg

It comes with these mechanical complications: Minute repeater (my fav mechanical complication, and arguably the toughest to create), perpetual calendar, split-seconds chronograph, week indication, hours and minutes.

a Mexican immigrant to carry around an 800-pound ancient Roman timepiece
    Seriously...

On the topic of watches, it is the only piece of jewelry that I wear other than a locket around my neck. My dad made it for my mom in the South Pacific during WWII and after my mom died and shortly before he died 3 weeks later, he asked me if I would wear it to remember them. I never take it off.

My brother is a watch collector. He must have half a dozen or a dozen at any given time. He doesn't have a lot of money so he needs to find good deals. He is never happier than when he gets a quality watch at good price. He likes to give watches for gifts. One time for special occasion, he gave me a nice Movado. It is a nice hobby.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Check this out. It is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It is the machine of the AP Royal Oak Grande-Complication. Isn't it amazing?

image.jpg
    That is precision machinery.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Another look.

image.jpg

Another look.

image.jpg
    How much does that cost?

That is precision machinery.
    Yeah! This is making the impossible, possible. Mechanical engineering at its best.

BTW it's around 500,000 USD LOL!

Yeah! This is making the impossible, possible. Mechanical engineering at its best.

BTW it's around 500,000 USD LOL!
    Wow! I would be too nervous to wear that. I'd was to kill myself if I banged it or scratched it.