Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;666748;
    Definitely. To say it's a lower priority than SS is saying a lot. I don't think they'll go out and spend any prospects on a pitcher, but if there were 3 positions that they were looking at, I would say RF, SS, and a back end SP would be the only three. The gap between the priority of RF and SS is huge, and the gap between SS and SP is even bigger.
    Do you have that much confidence in the bullpen? I feel like there are plenty of options for the 6th inning, but not too many for the 7th, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;666752;
    Do you have that much confidence in the bullpen? I feel like there are plenty of options for the 6th inning, but not too many for the 7th, if that makes any sense.
    I still think that Jenks will be able to fill that role well. Plus, I would have all the confidence in the world to hand the ball to Aceves (2.51 ERA as a reliever) or Albers (3.03 ERA) in the 7th.

Any combination of Aceves/Albers/Jenks - Bard - Papelbon is a great combination, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I see Jenks and his 6.5 ERA as a bust, and Aceves as a 6th inning kind of guy. I do find Albers intriguing, but I have a hard time feeling confident that he will shut down the skanks in the 7th inning of the ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;666755;
    I see Jenks and his 6.5 ERA as a bust, and Aceves as a 6th inning kind of guy. I do find Albers intriguing, but I have a hard time feeling confident that he will shut down the skanks in the 7th inning of the ALCS.
    I actually would feel more comfortable with Aceves in the 7th inning than just about anyone. That guy pounds the zone (usually, other than the Padres game) and all he does is get hitters out.

If Miller continues to pan out, how fortunate were the Sox this offseason with the acquisitions of Albers, Aceves, and Miller??
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;666756;
    I actually would feel more comfortable with Aceves in the 7th inning than just about anyone. That guy pounds the zone (usually, other than the Padres game) and all he does is get hitters out.

If Miller continues to pan out, how fortunate were the Sox this offseason with the acquisitions of Albers, Aceves, and Miller??
    Proves how awesome our FO is.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Legend

Add Millwood to the mix. He's probably their best 5th starter option right now.

All-Star

Scuatro has the poor bat with good defense and Lowrie is awesome with the bat (when healthy) and is King Of Errors on defense. I hope thats good enough SS. I hope Inglesias is ready next year

Reddick to RF!

i say we make 0 moves before the deadline..... just a hunch....

The Sox need a new rightfielder... I have a hunch that Kalish or Reddick will be traded and Drew will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox_Ruszkowski;666849;
    i say we make 0 moves before the deadline..... just a hunch....
    And why do you say that? The only reason why no moves were made last year was because the front office didn't see any reason to waste the prospects considering that five key players spent the season on the DL. They've made a ton of big trades the last few years. 2004 Orlando Cabrera, 2007 Gagne, 2008 Bay, 2009 Vmart all come to mind.

Someone wake Theo the fuck up please. McDonald and Cameron should not be on this roster one day more.

Legend

This club has holes--to be sure. The RHd hitting in the OF is bad enough to encourage every team to start a lefthander--ANY lefthander--against them.

One solution is a banger like Hanley Ramirez at SS. He is sure to rebound the 2nd half. Get him while he's cold.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport;667251;
    This club has holes--to be sure. The RHd hitting in the OF is bad enough to encourage every team to start a lefthander--ANY lefthander--against them.

One solution is a banger like Hanley Ramirez at SS. He is sure to rebound the 2nd half. Get him while he's cold.
    So your solution to our outfield problems is... get a shortstop?

Very hard for me to see a big move by the Sox this summer. I think they'll try to get a righty OF and a bullpen piece, as somebody said earlier. Beltran/Reyes/Hanley would absolutely stun me.

EDIT: Peter Gammons' cynical tweet: "Red Sox cannot add payroll, which means with RF washout and McDonald/Cameron 0 production, they can take no $. Dream Jeff Baker. period."

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;667255;
    EDIT: Peter Gammons' cynical tweet: "Red Sox cannot add payroll, which means with RF washout and McDonald/Cameron 0 production, they can take no $. Dream Jeff Baker. period."
    Two months ago Peter Abraham reported about how the Sox had put money aside for the trade deadline. Unless the Bruins seriously hurt the Sox's tv revenue, I don't trust this report-- especially considering the payroll is lower than it was last year. When you have a championship caliber team, you make the moves you need to make.

On another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Raphael Furcal yet.