Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 7/24 vs Mariners

Re: 7/24 vs Mariners

A whole party at NESN's cabin huh!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

And the Sox win again. Poor Mariners lol.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Redsox Win!
    Keep it Going!
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

WIN at least!

We are still earning a lot of Rs. We are wining and scoring a lot of Rs as well, but our rotation is not making the Job and that should be a red flag to the FO. BTW when will Buch be ready?
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Banned

If Aceves had come in an out earlier he would have got the save.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport;675417;
    That's the way it is with Tito. Good in most things except handling the pitching. He gives that job to the pitch count machine. Any fool except the pitch count machine would have had Wake in the showers after the first batter on base in the 7th. Grady Little all over again.
    I was so grateful when Wake got thru six with only three runs. What was the point in sending him out there in the 7th? He couldn't have taken the first three off the board, and chances were excellent he'd blow up.

I was begging for relief pitching after the sixth (would have been grateful for long relief after five!), but no -- we had to wait for the grand tater, when just about any of our relievers would have had a better chance of shutting them down.

The 72 mph fast ball is no more of an out pitch than Tito is a tactical manager.
    Outside Providence (RI, USA)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lasitter;675466;
    I was so grateful when Wake got thru six with only three runs. What was the point in sending him out there in the 7th? He couldn't have taken the first three off the board, and chances were excellent he'd blow up.

I was begging for relief pitching after the sixth (would have been grateful for long relief after five!), but no -- we had to wait for the grand tater, when just about any of our relievers would have had a better chance of shutting them down.

The 72 mph fast ball is no more of an out pitch than Tito is a tactical manager.
    Are you really criticizing Tito for not taking out Wakefield earlier with an 8 run lead? That is absolutely the right move to try to get the most out of your starter in the blow out game. No use in using bullpen arms when you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by AtWork;675467;
    Are you really criticizing Tito for not taking out Wakefield earlier with an 8 run lead? That is absolutely the right move to try to get the most out of your starter in the blow out game. No use in using bullpen arms when you don't have to.
    Absolutely.

I don't have to guess how Wake would have felt coming out before the Grand Slam versus after. It really puts his ERA in the toilet (even more ...).

I'd rather put almost any of our relievers in there rather than set him up for a needlessly humbling experience.

Unless you were thinking he was a sure thing to set 'em down after six ...
    Outside Providence (RI, USA)

3 up in the East now

Bumped to put game threads in order and for mods to lock :harhar:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;675364;
    Seriously and this is not a shot at anyone on talksox. Where are the people that said we were overrated? Crawford and Salty sucking? They're hiding under rocks right now.
    Hope this isnt to me.

I've never been against Crawford, besides the fact that I said he will never hit 1-5 with the Redsox. Ive always liked him as a player even if I didn't agree with the signing.

In terms of Salty, we will see where we stand when the season ends. I hope he ends up hitting 20 homers and throws out 40% of the runners that run against him. If I were rooting against him, I would be a Yankees fan.

I do not wish him bad, all I ever did was question his talent and abilities, if he proves me wrong....so be it, in the end....all that matters is that the RedSox win.

If I lose a petty argument on a redsox forum about Salty's talent/abilities/production, its still a win-win scenario as I am a sox fan. If he does great, and my argument about his talent/abilities/production is wrong......the redsox are a better team and I have more enjoyment watching them, even while eating a steaming pile of crow.

If I win the argument about his talent/abilities/production and the redsox lose because of his ineptness, then in the end I lose, and we all do.....even if I am right about him as a player, because the end result is a failure. Its all part of being a fan.

I made it clear it wasn't anyone on this site SCM lol tighten up. The Sox were getting so much shit because we had such a good team and started off bad. Think of the heat when they started slow. Now everyone is on their knees worshiping the awesomeness of the Red Sox. Exactly why April shouldn't be a deciding factor on how a team will perform. Btw go on talkpats I posted something over there that you might be able to help me out on.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;675516;
    I made it clear it wasn't anyone on this site SCM lol tighten up. The Sox were getting so much shit because we had such a good team and started off bad. Think of the heat when they started slow. Now everyone is on their knees worshiping the awesomeness of the Red Sox. Exactly why April shouldn't be a deciding factor on how a team will perform. Btw go on talkpats I posted something over there that you might be able to help me out on.
    answered on talkpats.com for ya buddy!!!!