Register now to remove this ad

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: 8/6 vs the Yankees

Re: 8/6 vs the Yankees

Guys, Guys.... C'mon.. Are all these necessary?...
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;682660;
    VA was feisty today too. She's not usually that combative. Maybe she hit menopause.:lol:
    It was nice knowing you. It's a shame they'll never find your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;682660;
    Crawford demonstrated his greatness today. I am glad he is on our side after killing us for years.
    Yes, the greatness of his 4 six-bounce singles was impressive.

More seriously, glad he had a 4 hit game, but that had to be 4 of the weakest hits ever to comprise a 4 hit game in aggregate. Nice night, but drive the freaking ball please, Carl.

Lol@ Lackey getting win #10 with a 6.12 ERA. I think he is finally settling in and getting in a decent groove. Most of all, I don't think there are anymore concerns about the health of his arm.
    He's been much better since the break. He'll have his ERA out of the sixes if he pitches a couple shutout starts in the next few.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Legend

The Yankees used to have classy fans--and still do have many. They are a rich, classy organization. Their AAA ballpark in Scranton reminds me of Yawkey's old Fenway. Spotlessly clean.

What's changed things is cable TV, the critical importance of TV revenues in sports, and the dominance of NY as the major TV market. You now see a predominance of NY teams in network cable games, including MLB.com. That's because the advertising revenues are greatest for the NY market. ESPN , for example, is basically a NY cable station. And a lot of the mediatalk is about the Yankees, Jets, Knicks, etc. Check out the Globe which, by the way, is NY-owned(NY Times--which also owns a piece of the Red Sox). And then you have the major sports drafts, which are mostly held in NY and dominated by noisy NY fans wearing their team shirts.

The NY fans know all this--they know their teams are the "media" teams--and it has just bred a lot of arrogance into the new generation of NY fans.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;682663;

More seriously, glad he had a 4 hit game, but that had to be 4 of the weakest hits ever to comprise a 4 hit game in aggregate. Nice night, but drive the freaking ball please, Carl.

Good to see Crawford coming around. He should be back to his norms by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;682662;
    :lol::lol:

Glad I missed the crap on the forum. I watched horrified from a bar at Mohegan. CC was due for a stinker. The sox don't "own" him, though. Last night, he couldn't locate anything. Baltimore would have taken him to task
    Hal sucks

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

He's 0-4 against us and he gave up 7 runs. We own fat ass.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Going to the game tonight. Hopefully people at Fenway are more civil than people on Talksox.

He's been much better since the break. He'll have his ERA out of the sixes if he pitches a couple shutout starts in the next few.
    Not too many people drive the ball against Sabathia. Crawford is 6 for his last 6. When he puts the ball in play on the ground to the left side of the IF, he is very dangerous. The guy is a great player. Coming into the season, he had more hits than Jeter did at the same age, and Jeter is going to the Hall of Fame.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What are you talking about? He had a wall ball double in the 3rd and an opposite field single that was hit hard past a diving Chavez in the 4th. Neither of those would be considered weak by any measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;682662;
    Oh God what have I done! Is one of Dutchy's old identities available for me to hide behind until this passes?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;682669;
    Going to the game tonight. Hopefully people at Fenway are more civil than people on Talksox.
    They are. And hopefully they play at all tonight. Forecast calls for a lot of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by MNSoxChief102;682671;
    What are you talking about? He had a wall ball double in the 3rd and an opposite field single that was hit hard past a diving Chavez in the 4th. Neither of those would be considered weak by any measure.
    That's what I was wondering. He drove the ball well over the past 2 games, going 6/8 with two doubles.

Speaking of his wall ball double, has anyone else noticed how much more Crawford is wearing out the wall recently? It makes me wonder if he was trying to adjust his swing this year to drive the ball the other way to make better use of the monster, and it threw off his timing. If that's the case, and he's starting to master that swing, it could help explain his early season struggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;682667;
    Glad I missed the crap on the forum. I watched horrified from a bar at Mohegan. CC was due for a stinker. The sox don't "own" him, though. Last night, he couldn't locate anything. Baltimore would have taken him to task
    The Red Sox have singlehandedly taken the Cy Young away from him this year. Wins have been devalued lately, sure, but if he had gotten 24 wins, that is so completely unheard of nowadays it should have been a shoe-in.