Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: yankee fan perspective

Originally posted by Tek04@Apr 19 2004, 02:42 PM
    the only female we have here is your owner...can't win championships, you have to buy them
    And you can't get championships period
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Originally posted by AusBoSoxFan@Apr 24 2004, 07:14 PM
    There are many reasons for a Red Sox fan to hate the Yankees. Partly, it's because of bitterness at our own history, but there is also an arrogance and level of expectation that you see in Yankee fans that you don't see in other fans. We're bitter after not winning the World Series in over 80 years, while Yankees fans are bitter at not winning the World Series since 2000 -- Yankees fans seem to have this sense of entitlement to the mantle of World Champions. Also, it is most definitely fair for anyone (even Red Sox fans) to criticise the absurdity of the Yankees payroll. I don't think it's any accident that the Red Sox have the second highest payroll -- we are in the same division as the Yankees, and have to spend to compete. The fact that there is such a big gap between the Yankees' payroll and next highest spending team just highlights how rediculous the Yankee spending is.....and I for one would love to see all of Georgie's dollars wasted.
    I completely agree. Yankee fans are arrogant as all hell. Ok, we get it, 26 1918 yadayadayada. Now shut up!
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Single A
    I know a bunch of kids who couldn't tell you the difference between Babe Ruth and Don Zimmer. They couldn't name anyone on the Yankees if the roster was right in front of their faces. And you'd think they wouldn't be into baseball at all, except one of them is always following me around going "RED SOX SUCK!!! YANKEEES R TEH BESTZ!!!!111one11!~!!& #33; 19181918191819181918 LOLZ!!!!!!!"

And that is why I hate the Yankees.

Originally posted by skaddam@Apr 27 2004, 10:02 PM
    I know a bunch of kids who couldn't tell you the difference between Babe Ruth and Don Zimmer. They couldn't name anyone on the Yankees if the roster was right in front of their faces. And you'd think they wouldn't be into baseball at all, except one of them is always following me around going "RED SOX SUCK!!! YANKEEES R TEH BESTZ!!!!111one11!~!!& #33; 19181918191819181918 LOLZ!!!!!!!"

And that is why I hate the Yankees.
    Too true, too true. Welcome to the boards, glad you decided to post.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by ARod2212+Apr 25 2004, 06:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ARod2212 @ Apr 25 2004, 06:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tek04@Apr 19 2004, 02:42 PM
    the only female we have here is your owner...can&#39;t win championships, you have to buy them
    And you can&#39;t get championships period [/b][/quote]
    another a-rod bandwaggon fan...hes on the yankees now he is awesome...

he gets all the media attention and i always see him on tv, thats why he is my favorite

can we please get some real yankee fans in here...those who know enough about the yankees to put up a legit argument.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Tek04@Apr 28 2004, 07:45 PM
    can we please get some real yankee fans in here...those who know enough about the yankees to put up a legit argument.
    Amen. Good, sensible yankee fans are sometimes fun to argue with. People who know there stuff. Unfortunately, the vast majority of yankee fans are half retarded and can&#39;t tell the difference between Tino Martinez and Ken Griffey Junior.
    Ortizzle my nizzle

to satan&#39;s advocate who thinks that pedro should have apologized for demolishing gerbil man in game 4.
    WHY SHOULD HE HAVE APOLOGIZED? that would be like the USA apologizing to the soviets for defending ourselves in the Cuban missle crisis. It just wouldn&#39;t be right. gerbil man decided to attack our player and recieved the penalty for it. He is not getting an apology becuase he was the cause of his own pain. Next time, stay in the dugout and let the men who are 50 years younger than you do the brawling.

P.S. Yankees suck

Originally posted by rsoxfan1489@May 2 2004, 08:39 PM
    to satan&#39;s advocate who thinks that pedro should have apologized for demolishing gerbil man in game 4.
    WHY SHOULD HE HAVE APOLOGIZED? that would be like the USA apologizing to the soviets for defending ourselves in the Cuban missle crisis. It just wouldn&#39;t be right. gerbil man decided to attack our player and recieved the penalty for it. He is not getting an apology becuase he was the cause of his own pain. Next time, stay in the dugout and let the men who are 50 years younger than you do the brawling.

P.S. Yankees suck
    Uh-oh, lets not get back into this one again.

But yea, he got what he had coming. Ask any Red Sox fan, they&#39;ll tell ya&#33;
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

my mistake, I misread one of hte pages, thinking it was one of hte latest post, now here is my updated post,

Dear god, why must the Yanks get A-rod? I mean it is poetic justice that Boone destroys his knee, but why must they take a man who was going to be our savior? oh well, maybe the players union will crash and burn (god willing) and they&#39;ll think for themselves for once.

P.S. Yankees suck

P.P.S A-Rod sucks

Why do the Red Sox hate the yankees? Is this guy the stupidest sumbitch in the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by roary+May 2 2004, 04:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (roary @ May 2 2004, 04:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tek04@Apr 28 2004, 07:45 PM
    Amen. Good, sensible yankee fans are sometimes fun to argue with. People who know there stuff. Unfortunately, the vast majority of yankee fans are half retarded and can&#39;t tell the difference between Tino Martinez and Ken Griffey Junior. [/b][/quote]
    Hell yea

I have a friend in school, and his dad who also works there, they are diehard yankee fans, and they always put up good arguments, because they actually follow the yankees and know what is going on.

Im sick of bandwaggon fans

Originally posted by yankeesrepresentbaseball@Apr 18 2004, 12:05 PM
    to be completely honest i never truly disliked the red sox until game 4 i think of the alcs..when i saw pedro throw don zimmer to the ground, that did it for me right there. Don Zimmer was embarrassed and apologized for his actions..Pedro didnt say anything...and manny for overacting on clemens fastball that was up a little, yet not even close to him..just looking for an excuse..that just really heated me up..but i like alot of the red sox players and some i dislike...some are really good guys..like damon and millar..from my perspective everyone on the yankees are good guys..nobody truly starts things..maybe jeff nelson anf karim garcia for having a little brawl in the bullpen..lol..but there gone now..so..besides the heat in game 4 started because pedro threw at karim garcia..then he told posada that he would hit him in the head..cmon..im sorry pedro is a female..he may be the best pitcher in baseball..but hes a female.., but not everyone is like that..

another thing i love when sox fans compare jeter and "nomahh"..first stop comparing one of the only positions where you have an argument..and even it is weak...jeters job is simple get on base for everyone else..that what he does..hell steal you a base if you need him to..hell lay a bunt..plays good D..nomar is a number 3 hitter his job is to get doubles singles..and some rbis...there are some aspects of the game where someone would say that nomar is better and some would say jeter is better....but they are different..

I shouldnt have a reason to hate the sox, because the yanks always win..if it was the other way around i could see the argument..

to yagmaster: even though some yankee fans show hatred toward sox fans..i guarantee it is only because of recent developments. Besides why should we hate you. we havent faced you in many playoff games..and i wouldnt talk, because red sox fans are not the most polite fans. I heard watching the yankee game on saturday..that while arod was eating dinner in boston(like seating near a window where everyone can see hm).at least 10 people came by and flipped him the bird..so i dont think yankee fans would do that to red sox players..unless they are really angry ..lol..
    This is almost 4 months later but it was Game 3 not Game 4
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

predro should have got ejected from that game.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

They don&#39;t throw stars out, that&#39;s the "unwritten" rule.

they didnt have any problem throwing out A rod and yes he is a star lol
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html