Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 World Series: Rangers @ Cardinals

All-Star

Re: 2011 World Series: Rangers @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;706808;
    Can you elaborate on how this is, well, logical at all. Or something. Because as it stands, you've got no substantiation to why the Cards are "too hot". When there's evidence brought to light that says teams that were smoking hot coming into the WS have lost before, you just disregard it. This is just textbook nonsense.

You could just say you're going out on a limb, but don't lie and try to make it sound rational.
    Is it in your DNA to argue on every post you make here?

If this is how you are here I can only imagine how arguemental you are in real life. For god Sakes Emmz..

Just for the sake of being clear to my point I'll elaborate more on my point and use yours and Whiskey's against yours.

You two said the Rockies were also a hot team coming into the WS or whatever and then proceded to get swept by Boston.

I said not all teams follow the same trend and that has been proven by the Cardinals last night's win and tonight's perfomance.

They keep winning. That's just not being hot. That's matching up pretty damn good with a team that's supposed to blow their doors off.

Good night dear.

NICE win for the Rangers!! 2-1!!

It's all tied at 1 game apiece. The difference in this Series could end up being the bullpens-- advantage Texas. Otherwise the teams match-up very well.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend

I predicted the hot Cardinals in 6, but their luck seems to be running out in the 9th in the game 2.
    A couple of scratch hits, a stolen base and a sac fly. Tie game. Another sac fly. 2-1 Rangers.

Cardinals up in 9th. Feliz throwing 99. Walk. The next guy tries to bunt two balls up around his head, then strikes out on a ball. The next guy strikes out on another bad pitch low and inside. Poor at bats.
    Next guy flies out. Feliz couldn't find the strike zone the first 3 batters, but the Cardinals helped him.

The Rangers now have the advantage in the Series.

Some very interesting baseball in this series. Lovers of high strategy and close games should e happy so far.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

I want the Cards to win, but I won't be mad if the Rangers win.
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

As I've admitted in previous posts, I'm only watching baseball this season, so I know my opinion counts for little

But I have to say I would much rather the cardinals beat Texas ass they seem a lot more aggressive and generally more exciting to watch

That's just my 2 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by randywatson;707058;
    As I've admitted in previous posts, I'm only watching baseball this season, so I know my opinion counts for little

But I have to say I would much rather the cardinals beat Texas ass they seem a lot more aggressive and generally more exciting to watch
    That's just my 2 cents worth
    their the most boring team to watch aside from Pujols,
    Larussa with his 21378523405239147534 pitching changes per game is painfull to watch .

I'll have to give him credit though, as until last game he made all the right move .

Although I think he fucked up big time last game by giving a quick hook to mott , especially after 2 cheap singles allowed.

Deity

I wish the Sox would overpay and get Yadier Molina when the Cards lose Pujols and LaRussa after this season (maybe). He's such a rock behind the plate and actually good defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;707093;
    I wish the Sox would overpay and get Yadier Molina when the Cards lose Pujols and LaRussa after this season (maybe). He's such a rock behind the plate and actually good defensively.
    What makes you thing (maybe) LaRussa would be gone?

This is another good game and different from the first two. Lots of hits/runs.

Deity

I don't know... he's got rolling mutual options. They may be losing Pujols. You never know.

In any case, Molina is the catcher I like watching most in the game. He's just really solid.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;707094;
    What makes you thing (maybe) LaRussa would be gone?

This is another good game and different from the first two. Lots of hits/runs.
    No kidding.

Pujols nor LaRussa are going anywhere.

Back on topic..

Is there another team in the MLB world that gets more complacent then the Cardinals? Oh look we have a 5-0 run, lets relax because we're playing ahead and we cant lose. Bunch of rookies.

Also, what was fattie thinking running on Molina. LOL

Deity

Yadi is way more than solid....he is an awesome defensive catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Reck;707096;
    No kidding.

Pujols nor LaRussa are going anywhere.

Back on topic..

Is there another team in the MLB world that gets more complacent then the Cardinals? Oh look we have a 5-0 run, lets relax because we're playing ahead and we cant lose. Bunch of rookies.

Also, what was fattie thinking running on Molina. LOL
    It wasn't Napoli's choice, he was sent.

Example1 never went off topic fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Reck;706813;
    Is it in your DNA to argue on every post you make here?

If this is how you are here I can only imagine how arguemental you are in real life. For god Sakes Emmz..

Just for the sake of being clear to my point I'll elaborate more on my point and use yours and Whiskey's against yours.

You two said the Rockies were also a hot team coming into the WS or whatever and then proceded to get swept by Boston.

I said not all teams follow the same trend and that has been proven by the Cardinals last night's win and tonight's perfomance.

They keep winning. That's just not being hot. That's matching up pretty damn good with a team that's supposed to blow their doors off.

Good night dear.
    I got your point, it wasn't lost in your East Coastanese it's just a stupid argument. Your argument has zilch rationale behind it. You're pretty much just saying "I got a feelin'", but you're too argumentative yourself to admit that you're just going out on a limb. You want to split hairs because a couple of people called you out on it.