Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

WTS>Hooks for money.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;713962;
    The best way to make money and level quickly is to make a ton of iron daggers, buy filled petty and lesser soul gems then enchant the daggers with absorb health. That enchant will get you a 200 gold profit from each dagger and levels up your enchant quickly.
    This is exactly what I did to level smithing and enchanting.

EDIT: Although, I don't think the value increases as your enchanting level increases. In fact, at lower levels of enchanting, an iron dagger enchanted with absorb health via a petty soul gem had a base value around 500. As I finished topping out enchanting, the value had dropped to around 390. I think you got the value up to 900 with a larger soul gem. This agrees with what I've read on the subject, that while your enchants become more powerful, for some reason they lose value added. Maybe this is a glitch that has been corrected by a patch. I tend to play while my wife is at work in the home office, and a connection to Xbox Live uses up too much bandwidth that impacts her connection to her work server....therefore, I am not connected to Xbox Live right now, and I have not installed any patches and am playing the unpatched version of the game.

They got up to 900 gold with dual enchant at level 100 on enchant, I used absorb health and damage stamina.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;713899;
    I'm like you, I have my finger in a lot of pies right now.

Jacko, I can't believe you left all the Daedric quests until the end. Azura's quest is available from the start, and you get Azura's star (which can be a Black star that captures NPC souls if you end the story the right way). Endless Grand Souls for enchanting gear is very useful early in the game.
    That and Molag Bal were the only two daedric quests I did. I did Azura pretty early and Molag Bal I fell into while in Solitude (I think).
    Hal sucks

All-Star

So I sold my PS3 and bought a 360. Started Skyrim over and am trying to level everything "correctly". I'm going for an Assassin/Illusion hybrid. I'm pretty set on my combat perks, I just don't know which of the trade skill ones I should pick. Any ideas?
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;714754;
    That and Molag Bal were the only two daedric quests I did. I did Azura pretty early and Molag Bal I fell into while in Solitude (I think).
    I've done those, and I also got the Skull of Coruption early on.

Right now I'm working on the Stormcloak: Liberation of Skyrim questline. Thinking about doing the Sanguine (Sanguine Rose) and Sheogorath (Wabbajack) quests right after.

And, yes, a dual enchant is worth a lot more. Banish/Absorb Health sends prices through the roof.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;714972;
    So I sold my PS3 and bought a 360. Started Skyrim over and am trying to level everything "correctly". I'm going for an Assassin/Illusion hybrid. I'm pretty set on my combat perks, I just don't know which of the trade skill ones I should pick. Any ideas?
    I took 3 perks in the Pickpocket tree to get +100 carry weight. I also utilized the Steed Stone to add another +100. I hate dropping loot, and with dragon bones being such a capacity drain, making you have to go back and store it for later use all the time because dragons spawn everywhere, the extra capacity helps avoid having to interupt your roaming to unload all the time (at least a little).

I also selected 3 perks in the Speech tree to get to where all the merchants will buy anything from me. That way, I can go into a town with all my loot and sell off almost all of it to the store merchants (definitely all of it when it's a main city with a Thieves Guild fence).

One of my XBL buddies told me you could re-animate dead bodies and make them your servants. And that you can use telekinesis to stick a bunch of forks in them. And you could kill a chicken and a cause a virtual riot in the town.

This game is now officially on my list.

This is my rifle....

I haven't tried it yet, but I've also read that you can cause a riot by dropping something as innocuous as a basket from your inventory while in a city. Everyone starts fighting over it.

I haven't done it because I don't want NPC's linked to later missions to die, thus making the mission unavailable later. That said, anarchy will reign supreme when I've got most of the missions done.

All-Star

I got my sneak up to 100 at the bear in the 1st cave, now I'm at level 21 and there are frost trolls destroying me everywhere. I figure to get my speech, smithing, alchemy, and enchanting up to at least 65-75 tonight, which will in turn drive up my level, but I should be able to get enough gear to offset that.

This is my rifle....

Yeah, if you don't level your combat skills (be they melee, archery, or magic) consistenly as you go up, you will get smoked for a bit as they catch up. Leveling your ability to make gear should help, but you'll still have a bit of a rough go of it at first since leveling those things will also level some of your enemies. One thing that will help is this, you'll make a lot of money leveling smithing/enchanting/alchemy at the same time, so pay a trainer in a combat skill the max 5 times at each level.

Keep in mind, to quickly level alchemy you should create the most expensive potions/poisons you can. Don't worry about making combinations that are the most useful to you. You'll end up selling pretty much all of it anyway. The amount you gain toward the next level is dependent on price, and price is dependent on both the type of effect and the number of effects. So, you get some pretty high values from combinations that counteract each other (restore health + damage health, etc.) just because they are multi-effect potions. The most valuable effects are waterbreathing, invisibility, paralyze, and slow. Any multi-effect potion with any of those effects is a money-maker.

I also recommend getting far enough into the Thieves Guild questline to gain access to the fences around Skyrim. Most merchants have between 500 - 1100 gold available to sell them stuff. The fences have 4000. When you get into high level alchemy, you'll be creating potions worth 1000-2000 septims. To unload effeciently, you'll need those fences.

Getting ingredients is easy. You can either run around Skyrim collecting them for free, which is very time consuming. Or you can just hit the cities and clean out each alchemist's shop, which is much faster, and you make so much money with your made potions that you'll still pull in a huge profit. I would make 3-4 laps of the region cleaning out the alchemy shops, stop at my house and put on my alchemy boosting gear, make a truckload of potions, and repeat the process selling potions at each stop. When you purchase things from a merchant, their available gold goes up by the amount that you purchased from them on that stop. So, buy everything they've got, then sell them your potions until their gold is cleaned out and move on.

I leveled alchemy from about 45 to 100 in about 3-4 hours. Time consuming, yes, but now I don't have to mess around with it anymore, and can just create potions that I find useful for my style of game-play.

And levelling alchemy gives you the capability to use the fortify enchant train. I used that and created weapons that are 1 or 2 hit kills. I killed Alduin in 3 on normal difficulty. Obviously, you need certain perks, but it is easy to do.

Now, I did the following. I was exclusively a 1 handed weapon fiend. Actually, I was a dual wielder. And I used the warriors stone to speed up the process. Hack and smash everything in your way. I also levelled smithing, alchemy, and enchant using the methods above. I bought daedra hearts and made all daedric armor, a daedric longsword and a daedric war axe. I obtained multiple grand soul/black soul gems. I used the alchemy perks to get 100% more effect on potions and 25% more effect on fortify potions. I used the enchant perks to double enchant power and get dual enchant. I used the 1 handed perks to get double damage with 1 handed weapons. I used the heavy armor perks to double heavy armor strength and the perk to make heavy armor weightless when worn. Then, I used the alchemy/enchant train to create 30% fortify enchant potions. I then used the alchemy train to create 125% fortify smithing potions and created a set of hide armor, ring and amulet to fortify weapon smithing. I created and upgraded everything daedric to ridiculous damage and armor rating levels, then fortified them as follows....

Ring- fortify one handed, resist magic
    Amulet- fortify one handed, resist magic
    Helm- fortify destruction, fortify magic regen
    Cuirass- fortify health, fortify destruction
    Gauntlets- fortify carry weight, fortify one handed
    Boots- fortify carry weight, fortify endurance
    Shield- fortify health, fortify resist magic
    Longsword- Fire damage, absorb health
    War Axe- Frost damage, soul trap

When I faced a strong magic opponent, I would equip the shield and had nearly a 70% resist magic enchant. Otherwise, I just housed enemies with dual wield. I had over 400 damage on each weapon with nearly 90 points of additional damage in enchants and had an armor rating over 1100. I was killed once in this form, and it was when I had dual wield equipped and ran against a strong mage with a staff of fireballs who kicked my ass after I lost half my health from a fall. Otherwise, I really was close to unkillable.

To make it more difficult, I am now using light armor and a 2 handed weapon. I still clean house, but have died a couple times.
    Hal sucks

All-Star

I feel like such an ass. I ran my ass off from Whiterun to Riften to start the Thieves Guild stuff. As I pulled up to the city, I saw the stables and remembered you can buy a wagon trip. -_-

Last night, I was able to get my speech up to 80 for the perks, then grinded alchemy for awhile. It is a very slow skill so far, hopefully it picks up.

It does. Look up the alchemy ingredients online and make all different types of potions. The most expensive ones will raise your alchemy the quickest
    Hal sucks

All-Star

This game is broken on the PS3.

Literally unplayable because of the massive glitches that are in this game.