Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is my rifle....

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Wife pre-ordered for me on Amazon for our anniversary (anniversary was 11/9/2011 - released and arrived on 11/11/2011). Just started playing last night.

WOW. I'll lose hours of time playing this game. Massive open-world game. Very good graphics. Many tweaks to what you found in Oblivion. You can make your own weapons/armor from the stuff you get out in the world (ores/pelts). The complex leveling system has been simplified, leaving you focus on gameplay with less attention spent on effective leveling. Dual handed combat....so cool....with your two hands you can either: equip a two-handed weapon (like Oblivion), equip a single-handed weapon and shield (like Oblivion), equip two single-handed weapons (new), equip a single-handed weapon and spell (new).

Fun stuff.

Here's a good link for gamers who make the plunge and dive into Skyrim.

Skyrim UESPWiki

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Yeah, it's awesome.
    Hal sucks

All-Star

Can you equip 2 shields and go grab a sandwich while getting pummeled by frost spiders?

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;711343;
    Can you equip 2 shields and go grab a sandwich while getting pummeled by frost spiders?
    I've heard that will come with the first downloadable expansion pack. The store version will have a voucher for a free sub at Subway.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

What a bunch of nerds. Can't you all just watch Star Trek like normal people?!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I'm getting this and Dark Souls in early January. It's going to be a busy gaming Spring.
    We miss you Mike.

Sounds great ORS. I will buy it.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I played morrowind and oblivion and this is far and away the best. Like the new leveling system, and really like the revamped battle mode. Having to craft and enchant again bring me back to Morrowind. It's just flat out incredible.

Also, they got rid of the leveled opponent thing they debuted in oblivion, so if you venture too deep too early, you're gonna get wrecked
    Hal sucks

I will be buying this after my next CPA exam. I loved Oblivion. Morrowind was great, but the combat system was brutal. The story was way more engaging than Oblivion.

I was a huge fan of Morrowind/Oblivion. I was planning to pick up Skyrim as soon as I finish Dark Souls....

And in all fairness, I am at the last boss of that game.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;711397;
    I played morrowind and oblivion and this is far and away the best. Like the new leveling system, and really like the revamped battle mode. Having to craft and enchant again bring me back to Morrowind. It's just flat out incredible.

Also, they got rid of the leveled opponent thing they debuted in oblivion, so if you venture too deep too early, you're gonna get wrecked
    Also, the new leveling system has a more "real" feel to it. With over 250 skill perk options, where you gain only 1 perk per level-up, and the max level of possible level-ups at around 80, you really have to be judgmental about perk selection. Ie, you have to put some thought into where you want to be very strong and where you want to allow yourself some weakness. In Oblivion, if you employed effective leveling, you could be excellent across the board. Here, you'll need to specialize based on your gameplay (thief, warrior, mage). Sure, you'll be able to mix it up some, but it looks like there will have to be some sacrafice, which is more realistic.

Oh, and the dungeons seem epic so far in comparison to the other titles in the series.

EDIT: True about getting wrecked, at least in terms of dungeon exploration. However, per the pre-release stuff I read, the dungeons lock at your level when you enter them. Therefore, you can glitch the game by going into each dungeon early, even if you don't clear it, and come back at a higher level and clean house. However, I'm not sure how that will work with multi-tiered dungeons. I assume you need to work your way into those other tiers to lock them too, which could prove difficult early on.

I was a level 7 and running thru the thieves guild quests, and ran across a dragon caller. I died in one spell hit. I like that.
    Hal sucks

lol jk

All-Star

I went and picked it up this weekend, amazing game. I like that you can lure dragons towards giants and the giants will help destroy them.

Major Leaguer

Can't stop playing it. I think I logged 30 hours in 3 days right after it came out haha.