Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is my rifle....

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm at Level 40, and I ran into my first Elder Dragon. Went at it a bit (I was using Destruction magic - trying to train it up), he was at low health, I was at low health, he landed, I tried to access the menu to use healing potion, but right before I did, he reached out, grabbed me with his mouth, and threw me about 100 feet into the air (this was in the courtyard of the College at Winterhold). Pretty cool. Loaded the autosave from when I arrived there, grabbed my Legendary Daedric Bow with +20 fire damage, put on Krosis (+20% archery) and all my other archery enchanted apparel, and claimed his soul.

Love this game.

It's a great game. I have to up the difficulty, though. I figured out that you could create potions to enhance enchant and smithing and you can enchant armor and rings/amulets with fortify alchemy. I maxed alchemy, enchant and smithing first. Then enchanted helms, gauntlets, necklaces and rings with fortify alchemy, then made potions to fortify enchant. I then reenchanted new items, made another set of potions and continued the line. You eventually max out at 30% fortify enchant potion and a 120% fortify smithing. Then you use the potion to make armor and ring with fortify smithing, then drink the potion of smithing and upgrade you weapons and armor. My armor rating overall is over 1000 and I have a sword with over 350 damage that hits for almost 50 points frost and fire.
    Hal sucks

This is my rifle....

I've read about that, but haven't worked too hard at the alchemy side of it. I'm at 100 Smithing and Enchanting. Time to start leveling Alchemy.

I've also read that effective armor rating has a cap, and although it may show as higher, you can't actually achieve an armor rating over 570-ish (cap is 80% of physical damage). With proper perks/enchants/skill, you can get just about any light armor set improved up to the cap. I haven't read anything about capping weapon effectiveness.

Alchemy makes the game a touch too easy
    Hal sucks

This is my rifle....

Did you spend perks on Alchemy? I haven't yet. I see short-term utility, but I'm not sure I see long-term appeal.

Yes, it is absolutely imperative. I didnt start until late in the game, but I have perks up to 80% improved potions. Now, I can create potions that allow me to carry 120 more lbs, be invisible for 3 minutes, pickpocket almost every time, smith to 120% the strength and enchant up to 30% more. Plus, you can coat your blade in weakness to fire and then have a fire blade and just dominate.
    Hal sucks

I WANT THIS GAME SO BAAAAAD.

I WAS GOING TO GET IT FOR MYSELF LATER THIS MONTH BUT NOW I HAVE TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP :<

well Christmas is a few weeks away Emmz, maybe Santa will hook you up if you've been a good girl this year

Major Leaguer

It's unreal and absolutely worth $60. The amount of things you can do is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;713738;
    well Christmas is a few weeks away Emmz, maybe Santa will hook you up if you've been a good girl this year
    -_-

No.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;713740;
    -_-

No.
    Skyrim > Laptop

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;713684;
    I'm at Level 40, and I ran into my first Elder Dragon. Went at it a bit (I was using Destruction magic - trying to train it up), he was at low health, I was at low health, he landed, I tried to access the menu to use healing potion, but right before I did, he reached out, grabbed me with his mouth, and threw me about 100 feet into the air (this was in the courtyard of the College at Winterhold). Pretty cool. Loaded the autosave from when I arrived there, grabbed my Legendary Daedric Bow with +20 fire damage, put on Krosis (+20% archery) and all my other archery enchanted apparel, and claimed his soul.

Love this game.
    How'd you get that Daedric Bow?

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713742;
    Skyrim > Laptop
    No chance. Laptop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All.

I'm getting this game after i finish Dark Souls and Skyward Sword. I like the challenge, and that's why i chose Souls over SKyrim.
    We miss you Mike.