Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA/Wrestling thread.

This is my rifle....

Re: MMA/Wrestling thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;725111;
    Of course it is, which is why they call it sports entertainment rather than wrestling nowadays. When I think of wrestling, I think of greco roman/freestyle....a sport that I participated in during highschool/college.

I just started watching it again for the first time since like 2002 and decided to buy tickets, just wondering how the shows are.
    I have a question, why the mixed thread? Is it because they are both on PPV?

On the one hand, you have a legitimate form of competitive fighting. On the other, you have a soap opera of primarily men with speedo's on.

On the topic of MMA, there have been quite a few good fights since Rampage/Evans and there are some very entertaining fighters to follow. Jon Jones is crazy entertaining. The heavyweight division was a little boring for a while, but the Overeem title bout with Jr Dos Santos that is on the horizon should be a good one.

What Dana White needs to do for the fans is get Anderson Silva and JPP in the octagon together. PPV gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;726838;
    I have a question, why the mixed thread? Is it because they are both on PPV?

On the one hand, you have a legitimate form of competitive fighting. On the other, you have a soap opera of primarily men with speedo's on.

On the topic of MMA, there have been quite a few good fights since Rampage/Evans and there are some very entertaining fighters to follow. Jon Jones is crazy entertaining. The heavyweight division was a little boring for a while, but the Overeem title bout with Jr Dos Santos that is on the horizon should be a good one.

What Dana White needs to do for the fans is get Anderson Silva and JPP in the octagon together. PPV gold.
    They are pretty much all the same. Just about any WWE hold/take down and just about any MMA hold/take down is originated from REAL mat wrestling (which I did did...mat rat, highschool and for a period in college)...whether the style is freestyle, Greco-Roman or judo.

Just for good measure!

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

How was Monday Night Raw SCM?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;726967;
    They are pretty much all the same. Just about any WWE hold/take down and just about any MMA hold/take down is originated from REAL mat wrestling (which I did did...mat rat, highschool and for a period in college)...whether the style is freestyle, Greco-Roman or judo.

Just for good measure!
    Yes, but one is legit competition, the other is scripted. I think similarity of moves goes out the window when you have that kind disparity in the outcome of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;733142;
    How was Monday Night Raw SCM?
    I liked it, I dont think Id go again though.

The whole "live" aspect of it actually sucks. There is a lot of down time during commercial breaks and if you blink, its over.

Single A

really? I thought it must be fun to watch it live! even more than on TV!

I've been watching Raw the past few weeks. There's some pretty good stuff going on, but I'm still not as into it as I was when WCW was around.

I've tried watching TNA a few times, but it's absolute garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Banned
    Good fucking lord. Did anyone see Anderson Silva break his leg?

The gif is tremendous. He looks like plastic man.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I saw the fight live, yikes. Silva definitely taking a step down in UFC. He used to be untouchable along with Lyoto Machida.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Fedor fans masturbating at the thought of using Silva's consecutive losses as proof of their "FEDOR WAS THE BEST EVAH" campaign. SMH.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I'd like to grapple with Ronda Rousey - if you know what I mean.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I just saw the slow mo video of this. OMG that's nasty.

CM Punk has signed on with UFC.

He is no Brock Lesnar, I think he is going to get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    CM Punk has signed on with UFC.

He is no Brock Lesnar, I think he is going to get destroyed.
    It'll be the only UFC PPV i ever watch.