Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Bradley Jr.

Re: Jackie Bradley Jr.

The guy needs to be premoted period, his stats speaks volume!!

I've kind of given up a little on Tejeda over the past 2 years. That has to be the only thing holding him back though, I mean he's basically hitting .400 right now, which is insane!

Bradley needs to be promoted instantly. This is a guy who could be up with the big club as soon as mid to late 2013.

Led off today's game with a double. Now hitting .395. OPS of 1.098. He's not being challenged at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Most first round college picks get promoted pretty quickly to AA if they dominate. He isnt. He started off hot and is only getting hotter
    Hal sucks

Oh nothing much in the 2nd game of the DH tonight for Salem.

Just a leadoff triple is all.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Did I mention the triple was hit to LF??

Triple A

Went to the game last night Salem/Frederick. Bradley was by far the best player on the field.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by cbbosox;764353;
    Went to the game last night Salem/Frederick. Bradley was by far the best player on the field.
    Wasn't Kalish playing in that game? How did he look? Moving around okay?

Quote Originally Posted by example1;764358;
    He should be moving fine. He hurt his shoulder and had upper spinal surgery. Swinging the bat and throwing will be the issues for him.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;764380;
    He should be moving fine. He hurt his shoulder and had upper spinal surgery. Swinging the bat and throwing will be the issues for him.
    Apparently he went deep, and the ball was absolutely clobbered, from what I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;764388;
    Apparently he went deep, and the ball was absolutely clobbered, from what I have read.
    That's a very good sign.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Triple A

Quote Originally Posted by example1;764358;
    Moved okay. One ball over his head and he made a nice play off the carom. Struck out on a curveball(not a lot of curves thrown in A ball it seems). Got to be strange when you were starting in the majors two years ago now you're in single A(even though it's a rehab)

Another note Boegart(sorry if mispelled) looks good at he plate and while i'm no scout i doubt he'll be a SS if/when he makes the majors.

Through 50 games and 232 PA, Bradley is hitting .376/.496/.573.

That's ridiculous. This guy isn't being challenged at all. It's like he's playing freakin tee ball right now as an adult.

If this kid can fly through the system like it looks like he's going to, he may be able to fill in the void that Ellsbury will leave when he is gone in 2014.

I love Ellsbury and all, but if we have a kid who plays top notch defense and can get on base at a high clip (around .380-.400 OBP), swipe around 30 bags, and hit for some gap power, I see no reason in paying Ellsbury $180mm when we can instead use that money toward a top line pitcher and let a guy like Bradley come up and play.

Seems like it's moving toward a natural transition. Lets hope it continues.

Deity

I'm not sure Bradley will get 30 SBs, but that doesn't matter much. His defense could be better than Ellsbury's, so that might negate a base running deficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;766733;
    I'm not sure Bradley will get 30 SBs, but that doesn't matter much. His defense could be better than Ellsbury's, so that might negate a base running deficiency.
    Well, he's got 13 through 50 games this year, albeit in A ball. Maybe he won't hit the 30 mark, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did once he started to gain some baserunning experience.