Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Schill's video company in trouble

Re: Schill's video company in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;760374;
    Oh man this place is going to get real fun in the months leading up to the election isn't it.
    Why is Schilling running for office?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;760379;
    Yeah, it's too bad there are so many lib's out here...:lol:
    Your boyfriend is a lib, va. A quite vocal one at that.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;760390;
    Drop the mocking, jackass.

If you haven't realized, this is a Red Sox forum loaded with crazy Red Sox fans. Speaking for myself, my love for the Red Sox is second only to my family and friends. Schilling was a great player for us, and helped get us to the promised land, not once, but twice. For that he will always be an icon to me.

If you don't like Schilling for his political philosophy, fine, but this isn't a political forum. As for your admitted mocking attitude, stick it up your ass. :thumbdown
    EWWW...the king has spoken.

Never mentoned anything political to do with the Schill.....just his integrity. Yep, the guy can throw a baseball....let him live as a god....and I will continue to enjoy mocking pomposity.....everywhere I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;760396;
    EWWW...the king has spoken.

Never mentoned anything political to do with the Schill.....just his integrity. Yep, the guy can throw a baseball....let him live as a god....and I will continue to enjoy mocking pomposity.....everywhere I see it.
    Check the rules. Mocking posters is a no-no, but the rules never apply to jackasses like you.

As for concluding that a failed business impugns a persons integrity, well, that stupidity speaks for itself.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;760395;
    Your boyfriend is a lib, va. A quite vocal one at that.
    Believe me, I'm quite aware of that fact. I can overlook such flaws

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;760390;
    Drop the mocking, jackass.

If you haven't realized, this is a Red Sox forum loaded with crazy Red Sox fans. Speaking for myself, my love for the Red Sox is second only to my family and friends. Schilling was a great player for us, and helped get us to the promised land, not once, but twice. For that he will always be an icon to me.

As for his, or any other athlete's personal life, I don't give a shit. This was a business flop, not a ponzi scheme or a crime. Businesses started by athletes flop all the time. Not surprisingly, they are not very good at it. When their businesses flop, their investors lose their money. In this case the State of Rhode Island was an investor. Blame the R.I. politicians.

If you don't like Schilling for his political philosophy, fine, but this isn't a political forum. As for your admitted mocking attitude, stick it up your ass. :thumbdown
    :lol::thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;760379;
    Yeah, it's too bad there are so many lib's out here...:lol:
    You are far too critical of the libs. Look at all the progress they have achieved. Today, we can all proudly discuss our sexuality at the work place, but. . . we can be sued and/or lose our jobs if we tell someone they look nice.:blink:

BTW: VA, I am sure you look nice today as usual. So sue me.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;760399;
    Check the rules. Mocking posters is a no-no, but the rules never apply to jackasses like you.

As for concluding that a failed business impugns a persons integrity, well, that stupidity speaks for itself.
    And not for the king either???

As for concluding that a failed business may not impugn a person's integrity ( especially when he messengers a check to cover the debt....and the firms's financial officer had to stop the check because it could not be covered due to insufficient funds) well, that stupidity speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;760402;
    Believe me, I'm quite aware of that fact. I can overlook such flaws
    Flaws? Oh you didn't just go there!
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;760405;
    And not for the king either???

As for concluding that a failed business may not impugn a person's integrity ( especially when he messengers a check to cover the debt....and the firms's financial officer had to stop the check because it could not be covered due to insufficient funds) well, that stupidity speaks for itself.
    No one said that he wasn't stupid, but I am sure that you exceed him in that category too. You can take the last word. I'm done with jackasses for today.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;760407;
    No one said that he wasn't stupid, but I am sure that you exceed him in that category too. You can take the last word. I'm done with jackasses for today.
    Then make sure you don't glance in a mirror

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;760408;
    Then make sure you don't glance in a mirror
    Bazinga!

Deity

Entrepreneurs have to believe. They have to believe that their businesses are going to make it and that they are doing something that will be categorically good for investors, customers and employees. So while a software based business may look like throwing caution to the wind once you have put yourself into such an environment, you really cannot blame Schill for trying to do things that give that business the best chance to succeed.

I would question the wisdom of the state for dumping so much of the program funds in such a risky venture. It was their job to safeguard the states funds and do the most they could do to generate jobs from the program. While we are all really on the outside looking in I would have to say that the state officials involved did not handle either responsibility the way I would have wanted if I was a RI resident.

The impression I have is that Schill has been very involved in the business. Their organizational structure seems to have a few holes and my suspicion is that Schill may be filling those holes as that is not uncommon when a founder is still involved. If that is the case he might have been better served leaving all that to Management professionals so that he could spend all his time being the front man and guiding the "vision" of the company since I think it is his vision. but whatever happens unless he has done something "wrong" (without putting any definition to wrong) you really cannot make this about Schill. Some folks are probably going to look at it differently if the company does fail and takes the states loan guarantees with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;760418;
    Entrepreneurs have to believe. They have to believe that their businesses are going to make it and that they are doing something that will be categorically good for investors, customers and employees. So while a software based business may look like throwing caution to the wind once you have put yourself into such an environment, you really cannot blame Schill for trying to do things that give that business the best chance to succeed.

I would question the wisdom of the state for dumping so much of the program funds in such a risky venture. It was their job to safeguard the states funds and do the most they could do to generate jobs from the program. While we are all really on the outside looking in I would have to say that the state officials involved did not handle either responsibility the way I would have wanted if I was a RI resident.

The impression I have is that Schill has been very involved in the business. Their organizational structure seems to have a few holes and my suspicion is that Schill may be filling those holes as that is not uncommon when a founder is still involved. If that is the case he might have been better served leaving all that to Management professionals so that he could spend all his time being the front man and guiding the "vision" of the company since I think it is his vision. but whatever happens unless he has done something "wrong" (without putting any definition to wrong) you really cannot make this about Schill. Some folks are probably going to look at it differently if the company does fail and takes the states loan guarantees with it.
    It looks like RI will make every effort to help keep the venture from failing.

Since Schill makes everything about himself, he needs to take partial blame for his failures as well.

Slice the blame pie any way you want, but he needs to be included.