Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston Bruins 2012-2013

Re: Boston Bruins 2012-2013

It all depends on Bergie's health. I think Jagr would be on the 1st line if Patrice wasn't concussed. That would push Luc to 3rd line. I think Luc really needs that kick in the pants anyway.

When all is well:
    Jagr/Krejci/Horton
    Seguin/Bergeron/Marchand
    Lucic/Kelly/Soderberg
    Soupy/Paille/Thornton

Peverly gets left out.

If I had to center that line with one of Kelly and Peverley, I'd pick the guy who can handle the puck. Soderberg ain't a bad playmaker, but he can't be a line's primary playmaker until proven otherwise.

Given the choice of who to sit, Kelly or Peverley, I choose Thornton.

Also I don't separate Lucic and Krejci. I'd rather move Horton down, even though he's looked much better. Lucic is an underrated playmaker along with everything else he does right. He makes Krejci better at least as much as the other way round

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
    Marchand-Bergeron-Soderberg*
    Peverley-Seguin-Horton*
    Paille-Kellly-Campbell

We turn into a softer, more finesse driven team, more of a pure checking team and less of a checking/bruising hybrid, but with these players I think we can pull that off.

*I might catch some **** for this one, but I think it might be the best way to make sure Soderberg actually comes over, while giving Seguin a chance to center a real scoring line in a pretty low pressure environment. That would be 2 players we used on the first line last year, on our third so no one could complain we didn't let Seguin center some offensive talent.

It could be argued to put Pevs with Marchy and Bergy and Soderberg with Seguin, but ultimately that's a good problem to have.

The other way to accomplish the same thing may be to let Seguin center the Bromance and put Krejci between Soderberg and Jagr.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Great debut for Jagr tonight. I was flipping back and forth between NESN+ and NESN, so I missed his goal, but he still played pretty well from what I saw. Rask had a nice shutout too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Rask needed that very badly. Good show, even if it was "only" against the Devils.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Soderberg's team eliminated from SEL playoffs

Moment of truth.

Damn you Sweeden keeping Soderberg!!

It ain't over yet. Apparently Soderberg is flatly refusing to participate in any tournaments for Sweden.

Welcome to Boston, Carl Soderberg.

Glad to see they got him otherwise might have to start a war with Sweeden

The crowd is going to go nuts when the Bruins score their first goal tonight. Can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

just scored!!! man I would give anything to be there!!!!

Can't get enough of The National Anthem from last night's game. I get tears in my eyes listening to that crowd. Completely AWESOME!!!

Am I the only one that thinks that the impact of the acquisition of Soderberg could be absolutely huge for the franchise? We'd been desperate for another skilled, mobile young forward with some size for awhile and now we've got one super-cheap -- 1 mil cap hit for the next few years. Bringing him in now gives us 10 top 9 forwards and allows us to sit someone throughout the playoffs -- or have a very impressive Paille-Campbell-Peverley 4th line if we want to be the finesse team we're built like right now without sacrificing too much size.

Deity

At some point Soderberg should be a big deal.....I don't this will be there year.

Once the Bruins started playing games at a pace with the rest of the league their legs got real heavy real fast and this just does not seem like Rask's year. Now he is going down almost instantly and has been burned coming out of his crease enough times that I think he has lost confidence. Don't think this will turn out to be the Bruins year.....2-5-2 going into the post season and now 3rd in the East behind the hated Canadians.